Reply
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
4
Kudos
224
Views

Trump fires James Comey

224 Views
Message 21 of 94

Here’s a sampling of Republicans reacting to Trump firing the Director of the FBI (not left wing liberals)

 

Sen. Jeff Flake (Ariz.) “I’ve spent the last several hours trying to find an acceptable rationale for the timing of Comey’s firing. I just can’t do it.”

Rep. Barbara Comstock (Va.). “I can’t defend or explain tonight’s actions or timing of the firing of FBI Director James Comey. The FBI investigation into the Russian impact on the 2016 election must continue.”

Sen. John McCain (Ariz.) “While the President has the legal authority to remove the Director of the FBI, I am disappointed in the President’s decision to remove James B. Comey from office. James B. Comey is a man of honor and integrity, and he has led the FBI well in extraordinary circumstances.”

Rep. Carlos Curbelo (Fla.) “Today’s extraordinary decision raises many questions all of which must be answered. … It is critical that the FBI can continue all of its pending work with independence and integrity – especially the investigation into the Russian government’s efforts to influence our last election and undermine American democracy. Today I reiterate the need for Congress to establish a Select Committee with full investigatory powers to thoroughly examine this matter.”

Rep. Justin Amash (Mich.) “My staff and I are reviewing legislation to establish an independent commission on Russia. The second paragraph of this letter is bizarre.”

Sen. Ben Sasse (Neb.)Regardless of how you think Director Comey handled the unprecedented complexities of the 2016 election cycle, the timing of this firing is very troubling. … As the chairman of the Judiciary Committee’s Oversight Subcommittee, I have reached out to the Deputy Attorney General for clarity on his rationale for recommending this action.”

Sen. James Lankford (Okla.) “The issues that our law enforcement, intelligence community and congressional committees deal with each day are very sensitive and have life or death implications. Director Comey has been the public face representing thousands of committed law enforcement officers and civil servants within the intelligence community. In the days ahead, the American people need clarity and deserve an explanation for his immediate firing.”

Sen. Richard Burr (N.C.) “I am troubled by the timing and reasoning of Director Comey’s termination. I have found Director Comey to be a public servant of the highest order, and his dismissal further confuses an already difficult investigation by the Committee. In my interactions with the Director and with the Bureau under his leadership, he and the FBI have always been straightforward with our Committee.”

Report Inappropriate Content
4
Kudos
224
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
222
Views

Re: Trump fires James Comey

222 Views
Message 22 of 94

@myexper wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

Anyone who thinks Comey's hatchet jobs on Hillary are the reason he was fired is demented or Republican.

 

Comey had asked for additional funding and support to investigate Der Trumper's Russia connections, so he was canned before he embarrassed Donny by charging him with Treason.

 

This "he mishandled the Hillary investigation" is 110 days too late to have the slightest shred of credibility, but the Trumpettes will swallow it anyway.


The Trumpettes don't recognize credibility .... or lack thereof in Trump's case. All they rely on is denial!


Interesting approach. Does that mean Comey did or did not cost Hillary the election. Does that mean we are still supposed to hate him like last week or is all forgiven?

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
222
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
231
Views

Re: Trump fires James Comey

231 Views
Message 23 of 94

AP-- I knew someone once who thought he saw Bigfoot,  but it wasn't wearing a tutu. Once when I was little, I swear I saw Santa Claus,  assumed he was wearing a red suit, but couldn't really see because of all the smoke Circling his head like a wreath.

You are too funny, my friend.

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
231
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
3
Kudos
236
Views

Re: Trump fires James Comey

236 Views
Message 24 of 94

@pc6063 wrote:

Rk-who are these fictious neo-Marxist you continue to see? 

 

REALLY FUNNY to hear you talk about "marching orders" because you say EXACTLY the same things I hear from Republican commentators on the news--except they aren't seeing the NeoMarxists--

maybe you should let them know about them.

 

Ready? 

 

ONE

 

TWO

 

THREE

 

 

MARCH!

 


Some have said that Marxist Fixation is a suspected result of drying out and smoking those stringy things from the insiide of banana peels - remember Donovan's song "Mellow Yellow"?

 

44>dolt45
Report Inappropriate Content
3
Kudos
236
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
243
Views

Re: Trump fires James Comey

243 Views
Message 25 of 94

@Olderscout66 wrote:

Anyone who thinks Comey's hatchet jobs on Hillary are the reason he was fired is demented or Republican.

 

Comey had asked for additional funding and support to investigate Der Trumper's Russia connections, so he was canned before he embarrassed Donny by charging him with Treason.

 

This "he mishandled the Hillary investigation" is 110 days too late to have the slightest shred of credibility, but the Trumpettes will swallow it anyway.


The Trumpettes don't recognize credibility .... or lack thereof in Trump's case. All they rely on is denial!

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
243
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
243
Views

Re: Trump fires James Comey

243 Views
Message 26 of 94

@umbarch64 wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

I truly hope that a couple of posters here defending and supporting tRumps actions in firing Comey are not a reflection of the opinion of the majority of the general population. I hope that the majority of Americans are smarter than that.


Fortunately, the majority of Americans are smarter than that as they didn't vote for Trump. And that majority is growing as Americans who did vote for Trump are now realizing that they were fooled.


I think you may want to look at the poll that showed something like 92% of those who voted for 'the donald' would do it again.  They may realize they've been had, but they very likely will not admit it...at least publically.  .it's what they are and it's what they do.


Well, 8% got smarter ..... So there's some glimmer of hope .... although not evident herein.

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
243
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
236
Views

Re: Trump fires James Comey

236 Views
Message 27 of 94

Rk-who are these fictious neo-Marxist you continue to see? 

 

REALLY FUNNY to hear you talk about "marching orders" because you say EXACTLY the same things I hear from Republican commentators on the news--except they aren't seeing the NeoMarxists--

maybe you should let them know about them.

 

Ready? 

 

ONE

 

TWO

 

THREE

 

 

MARCH!

 

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
236
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
237
Views

Re: Trump fires James Comey

237 Views
Message 28 of 94

Anyone who thinks Comey's hatchet jobs on Hillary are the reason he was fired is demented or Republican.

 

Comey had asked for additional funding and support to investigate Der Trumper's Russia connections, so he was canned before he embarrassed Donny by charging him with Treason.

 

This "he mishandled the Hillary investigation" is 110 days too late to have the slightest shred of credibility, but the Trumpettes will swallow it anyway.

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
237
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
236
Views

Re: Trump fires James Comey

236 Views
Message 29 of 94

@Roxanna35 wrote:

@Albion61 wrote:

@Roxanna35 wrote:

Look guys, I know that many are jumping with joy at the occurrences of today but, before you all cry victory...
My feelings are that it will take a long time. 


What jumping for joy? What victory? I don't see that.

Yes, it will take a long time because the ruthless Republicans will use any tool at their disposal to prevent an investigation.



@Albion61 wrote:

@Roxanna35 wrote:

Look guys, I know that many are jumping with joy at the occurrences of today but, before you all cry victory...
My feelings are that it will take a long time. 


What jumping for joy? What victory? I don't see that.

Yes, it will take a long time because the ruthless Republicans will use any tool at their disposal to prevent an investigation.



@Albion61 wrote:

@Roxanna35 wrote:

Look guys, I know that many are jumping with joy at the occurrences of today but, before you all cry victory...
My feelings are that it will take a long time. 


What jumping for joy? What victory? I don't see that.

Yes, it will take a long time because the ruthless Republicans will use any tool at their disposal to prevent an investigation.


I completely disagree with you. The Republicans have their behind on the line, thay cannot stay aside and cover up for Trump. the American people are not stupid, and will not stand for that. The press also will see to it that they don't.
Trump is vulneable with his own people. they will support him up to a point, but not to the point of perhaps cover up a collusion with Russia.

 

 

Boy, oh Boy, oh Boy, do I hope you're right rker.  So far what I see is an organized cadre of propagandists working over a dedicated base to keep them in line and available...Demagogue In Chief feeding the pit **bleep**


Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
236
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
229
Views

Re: Trump fires James Comey

229 Views
Message 30 of 94

@myexper wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

I truly hope that a couple of posters here defending and supporting tRumps actions in firing Comey are not a reflection of the opinion of the majority of the general population. I hope that the majority of Americans are smarter than that.


Fortunately, the majority of Americans are smarter than that as they didn't vote for Trump. And that majority is growing as Americans who did vote for Trump are now realizing that they were fooled.


I think you may want to look at the poll that showed something like 92% of those who voted for 'the donald' would do it again.  They may realize they've been had, but they very likely will not admit it...at least publically.  .it's what they are and it's what they do.

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
229
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Introducing jen43, one of our featured ACEs! Check out their profile and fill yours out, today!

Meet an ACE

Top Authors