Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Re: Trump fires James Comey

Message 1 of 94

Crit--Yup, and then today he threatened Comey--attempt to obstruct justice!??---amazing! 

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Report Inappropriate Content
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Trump fires James Comey

Message 2 of 94

Washington (CNN)

Former FBI Director James Comey was "taken aback" by President Donald Trump's request for a personal assurance or pledge of loyalty at a dinner shortly after he took office, a source close to Comey told CNN Friday.

Comey refused to do so, saying he could not provide such a pledge, those who work at the FBI pledge their loyalty to the US Constitution, not to any individual person, but he promised to always be honest with the President.

Trump then asked if Comey would pledge "honest loyalty," to which the FBI director agreed. The source said the term "honest loyalty" doesn't necessarily mean anything.
Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 3 of 94

@afisher wrote:

Where are all of Jimmy's documents where Donald said that it wasn't him,..no siree, it came from the DOJ and he "thoughtfully' agreed with them.

Day 2 or is it 3:  

In an interview with Lester Holt on Thursday, the president revealed he’d made up his mind to fire Comey before he met with Attorney General Jeff Sessions and Rosenstein on Monday.

“I was going to fire Comey, my decision,” Trump said. “I was going to fire Comey,” he repeated, adding that there was no good time to fire someone. “I was going to fire him regardless of recommendation.

So not firing for cause as documented by DOJ.    Just another LIE from Donald to cover up his fear of the current investigation that was led by Comey.   

I've had to go back and pick up on thie progress of the charade, so when I came across the post where 'the donald' was supposed to have taken the advice of the AG and the DAG when firing Comey, I nearly weighed in.  Then I had second thoughts and said to myself, self I said, "nahhh...it's too late in the progression to say anything...somebody has got to already been there, done that." I see it's you what done it [bad grammar intended].  Not surprised.

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 4 of 94

richva--Dizzy just trying to follow that--sort of like how the people at the WH are dizzy trying to keep up with all the lies spinning out of the Oval Office.  Such a disgrace.

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 5 of 94

ukkid--very well put!  Have wondered how little donnie will like the jail cell myself, but I don't think that either one of us should get excited. Pence will pardon the idiot. 

Just think, just a few LONG months ago, we actually had a president we could be proud to have represent our country. now, we have the ultimate disgrace.

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 6 of 94

@rk9152 wrote:

I would offer the thought that such wisdom does not require Fox or Breitbart - some of your fellow posters are smart enough to figure it out all by their lonesomes.

If that is true then why are FOX and Breitbart, along with other radical far right sources repeatedly used as references?

"The only thing that man learns from history is that man learns nothing from history."
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 7 of 94

@rk9152 wrote:

The Progressive Movement has as it's ideology something closely related to Marx. Since the Liberals lost control of the Democratic Party to the Progressive Movement quite a while ago, I refer to today's Dems as neoMarxism as an appropriate term.

Please list specific things in the Dem Platform and the Progressive Platform that is Marxist in nature rk. You have never been gracious enough to list those things to prove what you repeatedly claim.

When did the Progressives take over the Dem Party, rk? If they had taken over the Party, Bernie would have won the primaries, in spite of what the DNC wanted.  The Progressives are trying now to get an 'in' or a foothold in the Dem Party.. The Progressives criticize the platform of the Dems. I think you have this seriously wrong.

"The only thing that man learns from history is that man learns nothing from history."
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 8 of 94

@afisher wrote:

@afisher wrote:

Where are all of Jimmy's documents where Donald said that it wasn't him,..no siree, it came from the DOJ and he "thoughtfully' agreed with them.

Day 2 or is it 3:  

In an interview with Lester Holt on Thursday, the president revealed he’d made up his mind to fire Comey before he met with Attorney General Jeff Sessions and Rosenstein on Monday.

“I was going to fire Comey, my decision,” Trump said. “I was going to fire Comey,” he repeated, adding that there was no good time to fire someone. “I was going to fire him regardless of recommendation.

So not firing for cause as documented by DOJ.    Just another LIE from Donald to cover up his fear of the current investigation that was led by Comey.   

Apparently some seem to ignore most media.     Donald Trump admtted that he wanted to fire Comey...his spox then says he wants the investigation to be completed, but just the other day she said it had gone on long enough.    Her doublespeak is mindblowing.    Meanwhile Pence-boy is still selling the company lie about FBI firing - after, yes AFTER Donald had said that he was responsible for the firing of the person incharge of the investigation into Trump Campaign and Transition team relationships with Russia.   

Do these people read or listen to anything other than Breitbart or Fox....?  

"Pence-boy" - and the childishness continues.

Yes, he wanted to fire Comey and he involved his appropriate Exec - problem???

"Get the cotton-picking investigations over" seems like wise, not "mind blowing", idea.

Relations with Russia - we are a major player on the world stage (now that "lead from behind" is gone). Russia is also a major player on the world stage. It appears that interaction is a good thing (for those who can get by their disappointment at the last election).

I would offer the thought that such wisdom does not require Fox or Breitbart - some of your fellow posters are smart enough to figure it out all by their lonesomes.

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 9 of 94

@Roxanna35 wrote:

Well, if that is such a new name or ideology, why do you apply it to people that are Democrats by affiliation in this message board?  I personally don't care for communists, or their philosophy.

I'll try again - "neo" is a prefix that means "new". Marxism, as you know, refers to the writings of Karl Marx.

The Progressive Movement has as it's ideology something closely related to Marx. Since the Liberals lost control of the Democratic Party to the Progressive Movement quite a while ago, I refer to today's Dems as neoMarxism as an appropriate term.

I agree with you about Communists. Although they were supposed to take the people to Marx's ultimate workers' paradise, they way things worked out exposes the flaw in Marx's thinking.

I realize this is off topic and beg the indulgence of my fellow posters - I was responding to 321's question.

Honored Social Butterfly

Message 10 of 94

Afisher-wait!!So the investigation isn't at the bottom of the FBI's priority list like Ms Sanders said???

Just kidding! Righties are ignoring the whole circus and, because they have nowhere else to go, still talking about Clinton and whether Comey should have been fired. In trump years, that diversion was eons ago.  There are so many lies spinning now, no one knows which one to spew.

OMG, that paragraph about trump not being investigated!! These people are stupid. It is obviously an attempt to create  some sort of "evidence" that idiot is not involved.

Let's hope this is it, that finally this fool has gone one step too far. 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Thursday, July 9 – Coronavirus Event

1 p.m. ET - Answering Your Frequently Asked Questions

Call: 1-855-274-9507

Top Authors