Rethink your job search and find opportunities for experienced workers with the AARP job board.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Trump exerts executive privilege on entire mueller report....

Message 1 of 16
I SO miss this guy. I long for the stability we used to have....
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 16

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Tom5678 wrote:
Trump has said many times he was "completely exonerated" by the Mueller report, BUT he won't let anyone verify this........and is going to extraordinary lengths to keep it hidden. Hmm.

I've been accused by those on the left of being a supporter of Trump; but to the contrary, I'm just not a supporter of many of the liberal causes either...therefore I have always considered myself more of a true Independent. 

Now THAT is funny!!!! Most current VERY Liberal causes were championed by Bernie Sanders, I believe your candidate of choice in 2016.

charles-did-what.jpg

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 16
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 16

@MsStretch wrote:

Today he is calling it a "TREASONOUS HOAX".

Funny that you posted those words, I just saw Christi  explaining those words on TV
He said that we shouldn't pay attention to what Trump says, because he is a person that uses hyperbole as a matter of speech,and those words only mean his OPINION of what he believes, Perhaps he should not use those words  but that is who he is and how he speaks.

Therefore when we call him a LIAR AND  A CHEAT  is not an insult is just our way of speaking and only an opinion.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 16

@Tom5678 wrote:
Trump has said many times he was "completely exonerated" by the Mueller report, BUT he won't let anyone verify this........and is going to extraordinary lengths to keep it hidden. Hmm.

I've been accused by those on the left of being a supporter of Trump; but to the contrary, I'm just not a supporter of many of the liberal causes either...therefore I have always considered myself more of a true Independent.  I have never voted a straight ticket, mostly voting for the person, rather than the party. 

That said, I do believe that Trump is headed towards the same situation as Nixon by attempting to make this an "Imperial Presidency".  Except that Nixon had a Congress with a conscious.  There is no doubt that he is attempting to block release of the full Mueller report because of damaging content.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 16

@Tom5678 wrote:

Yes, isn't it curious how Donnie went from the offense...

DJT tweet - 3/24/19DJT tweet - 3/24/19

to the defense...

DJT tweet -5/6/19DJT tweet -5/6/19

Today he is calling it a "TREASONOUS HOAX".

It just seems to me if the report totally exonerated Donnie, then he would not hesitate to release all the evidence, notes, testimony as further proof of what a squeaky clean guy he is.  But, all of a sudden, he is frantically using executive privilege and issuing orders to ignore the subpoenas to suppress all of it.

I think it is safe to assume that HE didn't read the report.  Maybe his lawyers and Barr laid out some pretty charts trying to explain to him what the report really said.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 16

@mickstuder wrote:

DEMOCRATS CANNOT GOVERN

BEFORE any governing takes place, the boundaries of power have to be drawn and understood.

Isn't that why we have THREE branches - it is playing out just as it is suppose to - SLOW but that is our system.  How could it be fairly any different. 

Checks and Balances do cost more money, in business or government, and they are pretty inefficient but how else could it work?  When it does work, supposedly that will lead to better operational efficiency down the road, at least, til the next challenge.

Would you change this process?

Investopedia - Checks and Balance

An Example of Checks and Balances Within the Government

The United States Constitution provides checks and balances for the U.S. government through the separation of powers between its three branches: the legislative branch, the executive branch, and the judicial branch. The Constitution gave specific abilities to each one of these three branches to ensure that no one section of the government could obtain too much unchecked power.

Checks and balances are practiced by the U.S. government in the following ways. First, the legislative branch is the part of the government that makes laws, but the executive branch gives veto power to the president, allowing the president to keep the legislative branch in check. In addition, the judicial branch, the part of the government that enforces the laws put into effect by the legislative branch, can deem certain laws unconstitutional making them void.

Moreover, while the president has veto power, the legislative branch can overturn a president's veto with a two-thirds "supermajority" vote by both houses of Congress. This ensures that the president cannot use his power for personal gain. The executive branch can also declare executive orders, effectively proclaiming how certain laws should be enforced, but the judicial branch can deem these orders to be unconstitutional.

* * * * * * It’s Always Something - Roseanne Rosannadanna
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 16

Gee, if the report is all about how it supposedly exonerated him, what is he afraid of being released to the Congress, at least those Congressional Committees that routinely have oversight of this type of investigation.    

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 16

This is what happens when you have a Majority in Congress who are too Old and too Cowardly to act Quickly

Everything is done by Consensus after exposing every decision to a Focus Group of supposed Voters

Every Chairman of Every House Committee has been in Congress for over 20 years

They Should Already Posses the Experience & Knowledge to make Decisions on the Fly

At every Critical Juncture that requires Leadership and Decisive Action

The Democratic Leadership is out maneuvered - out foxed by Trump & Co

They could have sailed into Court with a Contempt of Congress Documents Weeks if not Months Ago

Now Trump is forcing them to go to Court on Executive Privledge First and get a Ruling on every part of the Mueller Report before ever getting to the Contempt of Congress Issues

Katie Porter would have had this President out of Office by now if she were Speaker of the House

Democratic Leadership with the Majority in the House & Decades of Experience in Government Procedure on every single House Committee Chair Continue to Lose to a Rookie President - a Rookie Politician at every turn

Every Argument To Maintain Incumbents is being destroyed in Black & White is people would just pay attention

DEMOCRATS CANNOT GOVERN

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 16
Kudos
Views