Discover Healthy Recipes. Search By Cuisine, Lifestyle, Nutritional Info And More. Earn Double Reward Points.

Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly

Re: Trump dossier author misled FBI

Message 1 of 83

Another conspiracy theory?  Wow

Report Inappropriate Content

Message 2 of 83

jimc91 wrote:

The question is why they were so willing to believe him when they should have known he was engaged in a partisan hit job How badly did the FBI get taken by Christopher Steele? Pretty badly . . .

By Dan Calabrese —— Bio and Archives--February 9, 2018

Have you noticed that the media have moved on from the whole “Nunes memo was a big nothingburger” narrative?

The emergence of the Graham-Grassley criminal referral against Christopher Steele has so completely vindicated just about everything the Nunes memo said (and cast the FBI’s actions in some an embarrassing light), that the only thing the media has left to do is drop the story entirely and change the subject.

How bad has this gotten? Consider that we now know:

• Steele was going behind the FBI’s back and blabbing his information to the news media even after the FBI strictly forbid him from doing this;
  • The FBI was so clueless about Steele’s activities that they actually cited one of the resulting news stories as corroborating evidence of Steele’s claims;
  • The FBI either didn’t know or didn’t recognize the significance of Steele gathering information from the likes of Clinton chief dirtbag Sidney Blumenthal;
  • The FBI continued receiving information from Steele via Bruce Ohr, the husband of Steele’s colleague at Fusion GPS, even after they fired him for leaking information to the press;
  • At no point did the FBI ever tell the FISA court who was paying for Steele’s information, or that they’d fired him for the leaks;
  • James Comey said as far back as April 2017 that the FBI couldn’t corroborate anything Steele told them, but they used it anyway because they considered him so trustworthy - the same guy who went behind their backs to the press;

The Wall Street Journal’s Kim Strassel explains that the FBI had plenty of reasons to be skeptical of Steele’s claims if they cared to think critically about them for even one second:

To be sure, the FBI should have known better. Even if Mr. Steele had previously been helpful, the bureau had every reason to be wary in 2016. This wasn’t like prior collaborations. He was coming to the FBI as a paid political operative, hired by Fusion, as a subcontractor for Hillary Clinton’s campaign. Opposition researchers are not retained to present considered judgment. They are retained to slime an opponent and benefit a client.

The FBI also had reason to view his research with skepticism—on grounds of its tabloid-like allegations, and also on the near-fantastical claim of skill that underlay it. To wit, that a man who had been out of official spy rings for seven years was nonetheless able, in a matter of weeks and with just a few calls from London, where he lives, to unravel an international conspiracy that had eluded the CIA, FBI, MI6 and every other Western intelligence agency, all of which have access to the globe’s most sophisticated surveillance tools.

But rather than proceed with caution, the FBI swallowed the whole package. According to Sen. Chuck Grassley’s declassified criminal referral, former Director James Comey testified that the bureau couldn’t meaningfully corroborate the dossier, but used it in Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court proceedings anyway because Mr. Steele had previously provided “reliable” information.

Mr. Steele and Fusion GPS’s Glenn Simpson immediately proceeded to use the bureau to advance their client’s interests. They went to the press with a stream of briefings about the FBI investigation into the Trump campaign. Thanks to the FBI, Mr. Steele didn’t have to present the media with crazy-sounding oppo research about sexual perversion; he got to point to a full-on government investigation. The resulting stories were awesome for the Clinton campaign—but not so much for the FBI, since the Fusion crew had publicly tipped off the targets of its probe.

So here’s the question now: How can anyone still be defending this? A naked partisan whose totally invested in the Donald-Trump-as-evil-monster narrative will understandably have a hard time letting go of the Steele dossier, since so much of this mindset has relied on it for more than a year now. The media are trying to make the case that the Russia investigation does not entirely rely on it because of George Papadapoulous, but until we see any real evidence emerge of “collusion,” that sounds like as flimsy an excuse as the Steele dossier and the subsequent wiretap of Carter Page.

In the meantime, here’s what we’re left with: It’s no longer a serious question that the FBI did wrong by filing a warrant application with the FISA court based on the Steele dossier. The questions are: 1. How much did the FBI understand it was abusing its law enforcement powers to try to influence the 2016 election? 2. To what extent did Barack Obama direct all this to happen?

http://canadafreepress.com/article/how-badly-did-the-fbi-get-taken-by-christopher-steele-pretty-badl...

opinions. no timeline..no proof...and so what he went to the press? Trump tells the Russians " I know something you  dont know na na na na na na".

WHat matters is the outcome of the investigation, and the obstuction of justice from the Republicans. They are HOOKED ON HILLARY .. for the last 25 years.

So it begins.

Message 3 of 83

TxGrandpa2 wrote:

jimc91 wrote:

One last thing, just remember when these other posters resort to "Name Calling" they actually forfeit the debate.  It's proof they have no reasonable or logical argument to challenge you and resort to childish behavior.

And it goes on and on and on.....

There is several who resorts to personal insults when they realize that they can't counter an point or that one isn't going to give in to their views.  A shame on a discussion site geared for senior citizens.

WHile we are off topic..

A spokesperson for FEMA told me Tuesday that the agency had approved $35 million in public and individual assistance grants for the island. Meanwhile, FEMA has approved $691 million in grants to Irma victims in Florida and has sent $323 million to Texas communities recovering from Harvey.

Bootstraps for PR, any a cash shower for Texas.

So it begins.

Message 4 of 83

NOTHAPPENING wrote:

oceanedge2 wrote:

You've said you would just rather not complain about things dt does that you DON'T like.  Take it in the gut, I guess.  

Typical of the left - misquoting someone. I said there are things that Trump says and does that I didn't like. I didn't say he did all the lies the Dems paid Fusion GPS to say he did to justify an illegal warrant. Follow the bouncing ball. I know it's difficult for libs.

But more to the topic..people in the Trump camp are lying to the FBI also. Im sure you are NOT for lying to the FBI by anyone. My point is, the topic poster is.

So it begins.
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 5 of 83

jim - Canada free press, oh-oh, I bet we are about to learn that it is run by a radical religious cult.

tx - I admire your patience in dealing with someone who says you are a fascist and proves it with, "Because you don't know you are a fascist".

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 6 of 83

Centristsin2010 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

Tom5678 wrote:
Jim, once again this is nothing more than repeated attacks by the GOP on both the FBI and the Justice Department, to discredit both departments and take attention away from the focus of the FBI investigation into possible collusion, obstruction, possible money laundering against the Trump administration. Therefore, it's fake news!

No one is attacking the DOJ or FBI. Au Contraire....let's look at just a few, shall we?

http://community.aarp.org/t5/Politics-Current-Events/FBI-retaliate-against-Michael-Flynn/m-p/1876886...

http://community.aarp.org/t5/Politics-Current-Events/FBI-investigation-a-sham/m-p/1774218#M682692

http://community.aarp.org/t5/Politics-Current-Events/Anti-Trump-FBI-Agents-Top-Level-of-FBI-Is-in-Ta...

http://community.aarp.org/t5/Politics-Current-Events/FBI-DOJ-Text-Messages-Reveal-Path-to-Stop-Trump...

http://community.aarp.org/t5/Politics-Current-Events/FBI-Used-Agents-As-Pawns/m-p/1775586#M683574

http://community.aarp.org/t5/Politics-Current-Events/FBI-lawyer-under-investigation-For-Leaking/m-p/...

http://community.aarp.org/t5/Politics-Current-Events/CORRUPTION-FBI-Director-James-Comey-EXPOSED/m-p...

Yup, "no one is attacking the FBI"......LOL!!!!

http://community.aarp.org/t5/Politics-Current-Events/FBI-DOJ-Text-Messages-Reveal-Path-to-Stop-Trump...

http://community.aarp.org/t5/Politics-Current-Events/GOP-Rep-Nunes-on-Deep-State-Leaks-DOJ-Could-Do-...

http://community.aarp.org/t5/Politics-Current-Events/THE-DOJ-HAS-BECOME-A-JOKE/m-p/1755873#M673228

http://community.aarp.org/t5/Politics-Current-Events/DOJ-terrorist-Lawyers-Identified/m-p/863355#M37...

Yup, "no one is attacking the DOJ"......LOL!!!  Hence, the term lying.....

It is being pointed out that very, very few individuals in those organizations used their positions for partisan purposes.  Ahhhh, like others have pointed out there are a few bad or negligent cops.  I see.  Just more blatant hypocrisy.

Focus - this is not about cop hating. And, I seem to recall several rants about going off-topic, in my case responding to another's off topic words; in your case going to the cop hater thought all by yourself.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 7 of 83

john258 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

john258 wrote:

TxGrandpa2 wrote:

jimc91 wrote:

@TxGrandpa2, it really easy to to see their game plan...  When they have no argument to refute an article they "don't like" they attack the source or the poster or both.  Its predictable too just watch this poster and the 5 others that are members of the "group think" society and anyone that dares not go along need to be attacked.

Its actually quite sad at our age, it what we all saw in the 7th grade.

I have never seen such myself since being in grade school.  It is habitual among the "group think" clique here.  As you posted there are only about five or six here who think they are the leaders of the forum and constantly resort to personal references (attacks) when they can't come up with valid replies.

These are also the ones who chase away new posters to the forum, in fact the number of regular posters has dropped tremendously over the past few years no doubt because of them.  This past fall I stayed away mostly because of them, and others have said the same.

You said you stayed away from here due to the storm. Why the change. Well we have seen changes the far right tries to take over everywhere as their leaders have ordered them to. There is a movie out 3 billboards which covers the far right very well. Now about this forum the number of regular posters has not dropped over the past few years. What has dropped are the far right posters under the control of the far right leaders, and that raised the level of the forms quite a bit. Recently we have seen more far right posters so the level has gone down quite a bit. We might even have some BOTS in here now.

What nonsense to think that posters of a different ideology from yours have "leaders" directing their posting. Then the "BOTS" thing - we are all individuals of differing political thinking exchanging ideas. What would be the point of BOTS? More silliness.

Finally, don't listen to the nonsense about "3 Billboards". I saw it - a very good, but dark film with absolutely no politics in it.

You are answering me again. You said you were not going to post to me. You will have to ask your leaders about the first para. They have all the details. Glad you saw the movie, and I agree with you there is a lot of nonsense in the film, but it is correct about the far right, and I have been saying the far right has a lot of nonsense in it. Glad you now agree with me.

I have no "leaders". What you see is the product of my incredibly capable mind.

I saw no nonsense in that excellent film.

The film says nothing about the far right. Throwing someone out of a second story window, fire bombing a police station and blowing one's brains out are hardly related to any "far right" political ideology.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 8 of 83

Centristsin2010 wrote:

You have to assume if Mueller was performing due diligence, he at least read the Fusion GPS reports that were paid for by Dems and justified spying on Trump. Of course, I wouldn't assume anything of liberals.

You should consider turning off Fox News.....Mueller is a Republican.

"I wouldn't assume anything of liberals" refers to the Fusion GPS reports that were paid for by Democrats but I have to assume you already knew that (as a good liberal trying to twist the meaning).

Yes, Mueller is a Republican - did you just find that out?

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 9 of 83

Centristsin2010 wrote:

NOTHAPPENING wrote:

john258 wrote:

NOTHAPPENING wrote:

john258 wrote:

NOTHAPPENING wrote:

oceanedge2 wrote:

Robert Mueller asks the real questions about those and nobody is fooling him. 

And yet, to this date, Mueller has nothing on DT. Real questions? I think NOT!

Well you sure prove that you do not understand any of this. How do you know what Mueller has or does not have. Well per the experts if he had nothing he would have closed the case and issued the report. It looks like he has quite a bit from what we hear everyday. He is doing his job, and if that takes 2 years or 3 years it will go on until Muller feels he has covered everything, and then we will see the report. That is the way our system works now.

I DON'T know what Mueller has or doesn't have and neither do YOU! Assume he has nothing until he proves he has something. The left seems to think they have ALL THE ANSWERS.

That is the way our system works! Now YOU know.

Now you know that you do not know what is going on so stop posting things that are not true. The far right and un true things go together.

You have to assume if Mueller was performing due diligence, he at least read the Fusion GPS reports that were paid for by Dems and justified spying on Trump. Of course, I wouldn't assume anything of liberals.

You should consider turning off Fox News.....Mueller is a Republican.

As a good liberal, you seem to find a NEED to reply to everything you see on these forums that disagree with your MSNBC. You've got to stop watching trash tv and think for yourself .

Message 10 of 83

Nobody is "defending" this.  They are just waiting for the facts to be investigated.  You know, the very thing Trump and the conservatives are trying to prevent?

If the dossier is bogus, it will all come out in the investigation but the only people trying hard NOT to investigate is Team Snowflake.