You could save on auto insurance when you complete the AARP Smart Driver course! Get a free phone charging set with promo code AARP6.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Trump does about face on his medical records

Message 31 of 66

@cat2015 wrote:

No, tx, you're not being logical. You're being hypocritical.

Whatever you think Cat.... You are the one demanding absolute transparency from Trump on a matter that is personal, yet alibiing something that Hillary would be in charge of enforcing.   I see Trump as a businessman, and Hillary as a politician.  Both are playing their role.

Bye now Cat...

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 32 of 66

No, tx, you're not being logical. You're being hypocritical.

You're demanding absolute transparency from Clinton on every little thing, far beyond what's ever been asked of any other candidate in our history. You spread misinformation about the Clinton Foundation and insinuate that there was some quid pro quo when there wasn't, but the Trump Foundation bribing the Florida attorney general to drop the fraud suit against Trump University is fine with you.

The biggest hypocrisy is claiming that you champion transparency, then making excuses for Trump refusing to release his tax returns. Just admit it--anything Trump wants to do is fine with you.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 33 of 66

@cat2015 wrote:

The topic is about transparency, Tx.

-------------------

Then perhaps someone should change the subject of the topic?

For someone in a position like Trump, there is no way one would discover the true source of his money.  As far as conflicts of interest, I would believe that with the record of donations to the Clinton Foundation, Hillary had an intense conflict of interest as Secretary of State.  Can you explain why there was a willingness to donate to it, followed by benefits from the government?

Are you saying that Trump would have the same problem?  No, I'm not supporting him, just being logical.

Since you seem to keep playing '20 Questions', I don't see any need to continue discussing this with you.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 34 of 66

You keep deflecting, Tx.

Trump Corporation is a privately held business. It doesn't file anything with the SEC. The best way to find out where his business ties are is to see his tax returns. I don't know whether he has ties to Russian oligarchs--he brags that he does. But wouldn't it be nice to see? However, regardless of whether he has specific ties to Putin, what are his other ties? What are his potential conflicts of interest?

I'm not interested in your sources of money, Tx, and you can stop prying into mine. Neither of us is running for president.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 35 of 66

The topic is about transparency, Tx.

More specifically, it's about Trump's secrecy.

You keep making excuses for why Trump shouldn't reveal his tax returns. Without his tax returns, how can voters assess the sources of Trump's money? Trump has partnered with many different individuals, including individuals with ties to foreign governments. How can we know whether Trump will have a conflict of interests when making foreign policy decisions?

Stop dancing around the question. It's not that difficult to answer.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 36 of 66

@cat2011 wrote:
I've expressed my opinion, Tx. I'm interested in your reasoning. You claim to be very interested in transparency, yet you have no interest in Trump's tax returns. Why? How can you know where he gets his money without his tax returns? Who his global partners are? What his conflicts of interest are? Be consistent at least.

--------------

I'm sure he gets his money from his business interests.  Where do you get your money?  I get mine from the government and a pension from my post-retirement employment. 

You think that a person like Trump wouldn't be hiding his sources from overseas or through corporate accounts?   I doubt that he would be telling the feds that Putin has him on retainer as is widely posted about.

But how did the Clintons leave the White House flat broke, as they have claimed, yet now is worth hundreds of millions?  Where did their money come from.  You probably have scrutinized the returns they released.  You did didn't you?  I don't care about either Hillary or Trump.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 37 of 66

@cat2011 wrote:
Notice that Tx moves the goal posts in his answer.

-------------

Are you wanting to make the discussion about me, or continue to discuss candidates? 

As far as one of her speeches being available on YouTube, I believe you posted one she made to employees of a Wall Street firm, not to the CEOs.   Do you have a video of that?

So if a candidate doesn't release his/her tax returns, just don't support or vote for him/her.   Why don't you release your tax returns?  Perhaps Trump or other candidates feel the same.   And you are aware the there is absolutely no legal requirement for ANYONE to release their returns to the public?

I thought the topic was about medical records, not taxes.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 38 of 66
I've expressed my opinion, Tx. I'm interested in your reasoning. You claim to be very interested in transparency, yet you have no interest in Trump's tax returns. Why? How can you know where he gets his money without his tax returns? Who his global partners are? What his conflicts of interest are? Be consistent at least.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 39 of 66

@cat2011 wrote:
Great, NOT. So Trump has finally decided to release a single-page report from the colorful Dr. Bornstein. And the operative word is "finally." WHY DO YOU THINK IT TOOK HIM OVER A YEAR TO RELEASE THIS REPORT? Do you think he finally felt some public pressure? Do you think he should release ten full years of his tax returns? Or should he continue to hide them?

----------------

Curious as to why you continually ask questions rather than posting your opinions?  Of course no one here knows what is going on in the minds of either Hillary or Trump.

Perhaps Trump won't release his income tax returns for the same reason Hillary won't release the transcripts of her high-priced speeches to those CEOs.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 40 of 66
Notice that Tx moves the goal posts in his answer. He makes excuses for Trump not releasing any tax returns, and then demands that Clinton release something entirely new, something no candidate has ever released. And he claims that he will overcome his white hot hatred of Clinton and support her if she releases them. Tx, at least one of her speeches is available on YouTube--the Goldman Sachs speech. Tx, there is no law or constitutional requirement that Trump reveal his tax returns. It's the kind of transparency we've expected from every candidate for over thirty years. Without his tax returns, we can't know his creditors, his sources of income, his potential conflicts of income. He partners with individuals around the globe, many of them tied to foreign governments. Don't you think voters should know who his partners are? Do you think that Trump should reveal his full tax returns in the interest of transparency?
Kudos
Views