Take a look at aging around the world in 'A New Age,' a special report by AARP and Magnum Photos.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Trump discloses Top Secret Info to relatives

Message 1 of 7

@Panjandromwrote:

umbarch64:  Suffice it to say, had something of that sort been in effect prior to 'the donald' throwing his hat in the ring, things now would be quite different and we might not be having these discussions. 

That's true. I suppose no one ever dreamed we'd have a president willing to share top national secrets with family, friends, and whoever else might catch his fancy. Never had this situation before, but it's definitely turning out to be a problem. God only knows how many of these people have backgrounds that make them vulnerable to compromise & blackmail.

Yup!

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 7

umbarch64:  Suffice it to say, had something of that sort been in effect prior to 'the donald' throwing his hat in the ring, things now would be quite different and we might not be having these discussions. 

That's true. I suppose no one ever dreamed we'd have a president willing to share top national secrets with family, friends, and whoever else might catch his fancy. Never had this situation before, but it's definitely turning out to be a problem. God only knows how many of these people have backgrounds that make them vulnerable to compromise & blackmail.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 7

To those who have been wondering how “collusion” might be charged, the Special Counsel has now given us a good indication: justice.gov/file/1035477/

Scout - Doncha just love that phrase "persons known and unknown to the Grand Jury"?   I do!  Also, "interfering with the US political and electoral processes, including the presidential election of 2016.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 7

@oceanedge2wrote:

Do GOPers really want Hillary to go to jail because some of her UNCLAS emails were later judged to have classified information

They really should get their priorities straight.  Learn all they can re exactly what does justify jailing and practice saying necessary goodbyes to Hillary.   I believe Mueller's work has produced only the first cuts and will assuredly extricate the poisoness dt admin. from the WH.  Shiff's tweet, taken from the 13 Indictments should be understood and accepted.  It's meaning and intent is not debatable.

To those who have been wondering how “collusion” might be charged, the Special Counsel has now given us a good indication: justice.gov/file/1035477/

Doncha just love that phrase "persons known and unknown to the Grand Jury"? The twit giving the domo-twit his top secret briefings has extensive ties to Russian interests, ADMITTED he met with FSB/KGB officials for the purpose of getting "dirt on Hillary", could not keep his preppy mouth shut and blabbed all this to the Austrailian Ambasador in a bar. 

Yet HE'S the one POTUS-The-Worm hands our most sensitive classified material  to read, digest and regurgitate so lemontop doesn't have to read all those big words he doesn't understand?  Gee, I wonder who ELSE jarad is "briefing"? I guess this fits with a POTUS worm who takes classified calls in a restaurant filled with people listening to his every word.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 7

To my knowledge, POTUS candidates are not required to obtain security clearances prior to becoming a candidate or prior to assuming office. POTUS obviously Needs To Know anything the Constitution or a constitutional law does NOT proscribe him from knowing..... for pretty obvious reasons. 

Whether or not POTUS proves qualified, behaves responsibly and fulfills the obligation assumed under the oath taken happens after taking office, not before.  A cart before the horse situation of sorts. Pretty dangerous as it turns out. In a Nation where the Intelligence Agencies, Justice Department, Law Enforcement and all Military are under the Authority of POTUS, that's a potential problem.....both ways. It gets complex in a hurry.

That begs the question, "Should every candidate for a public office requiring access to classified material obtain a security clearance of the level required by the office prior to running for that office?".

IF SO, it has to happen BEFORE even the primaries.....just how that could happen, I'm not sure.

Suffice it to say, had something of that sort been in effect prior to 'the donald' throwing his hat in the ring, things now would be quite different and we might not be having these discussions. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 7

Do GOPers really want Hillary to go to jail because some of her UNCLAS emails were later judged to have classified information

They really should get their priorities straight.  Learn all they can re exactly what does justify jailing and practice saying necessary goodbyes to Hillary.   I believe Mueller's work has produced only the first cuts and will assuredly extricate the poisoness dt admin. from the WH.  Shiff's tweet, taken from the 13 Indictments should be understood and accepted.  It's meaning and intent is not debatable.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

Trump discloses Top Secret Info to relatives

Message 7 of 7

Every day the President gets a Top Secret and above (yes, there are clearances above TS, but the titles are classified Top Secret) Security briefing that he's too stupid or lazy to read himself, so he hands it to Jarad Kushner who gives him a couple minute oral summarization. Jarad HAS NO SECURITY CLEARANCE, in part because he LIED TO THE FBI when he was interviewed for a clearance, concealing numerous foreign contacts and business interests..

Der Trumper's White House staff is also given access to highly classified material even though 30 to 40 of them HAVE NO SECURITY CLEARANCE.

Do GOPers really want Hillary to go to jail because some of her UNCLAS emails were later judged to have classified information, but think Der Trumper's total disregard for our most dangerous secrets being passed around to his UNVETTED staff that had a 35% turn-over rate in his FIRST YEAR is okay?

Kudos
Views
Replies