Learn how to spot and avoid common scams with AARP's Fraud Resource Center. Try it today!

Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Trump cuts federal scientific research spending on fetal tissue research

Message 1 of 15

Whether it's coal, oil, 5G, fetal tissues, or the climate, the GOP has no vision for the future.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Trump cuts federal scientific research spending on fetal tissue research

Message 2 of 15

Go ahead and make us dumber than the other advanced countries who will continue to work on this. Cutting funding for medical research using fetal tissue won’t stop abortions, you know.   Plus, you know not all fetal tissue comes from elective abortions. Some is from miscarriages too.

Some of the things they are studying, like Zika virus, require studying the placenta at different stages of development. The virus passes through the placenta to the fetus and causes brain damage. Why?  I guess we need to hope some other country figures it out. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 15

@ChasKy53 wrote:

trump supporters and most conservatives jump on the tax cut for the rich wagon, praising it. Then when cuts to programs like this one take place to pay for the tax cut they support it without understanding or considering the connection, mostly because, it has the words "fetal tissue" it.

If it weren't for stem cell research, thousands and thousands would be dead today instead of living, including myself. This ban is based on pure ignorance.

There are other ways to obtain stem cells without using dead babies to harvest them.

EXAMPLE:  

How are stem cells obtained?

From the body itself: Scientists are discovering that many tissues and organs contain a small number of adult stem cells that help maintain them. ... Blood stem cells, for example, can be taken from a donor's bone marrow, from blood in the umbilical cord when a baby is born, or from a person's circulating blood.

VIMTSTL
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 15

ChasKy53: 

If it weren't for stem cell research, thousands and thousands would be dead today instead of living, including myself. This ban is based on pure ignorance.

Of course it's based on ignorance. Conservatives are a huge burden to this country by having to constantly waste time fending off their efforts to drag us back to the Middle Ages.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 15

This from the posted article:

WASHINGTON — The Trump administration announced Wednesday that the federal government would sharply curtail federal spending on medical research that uses tissue from aborted fetuses, mainly by ending fetal-tissue research within the National Institutes of Health.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Yeah, I would not support this either.  

This is a great example where the President could use line item veto like so many state governors have.

VIMTSTL
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 15

JimC should really try reading what I wrote. This is the 3rd time I'm using the same sentence. Maybe if I highlight my words in bold, he'll figure it out?

I wrote, "Fortunately, there was bi-parisan support in Congress to overrule the Trump Administration budget cut requests". Everyone else could see that I answered his question.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 15

@CriticalThinking wrote:

It's really unfortunate that when you point out mistakes and errors of Trump supporters, just like their hero in the White House, they take those corrections as an insult. 

JimC obviously didn't read my previous post when he wrote, 

"

You have now dodged another question.  

Was that a budget or a budget request?  "

You left out, "Is that budget in place"?

The answer is no;  So how did Donald Trump single handily cut the budget for science.  It's a little thing just pointing out that the title of this post is just not accurate...

VIMTSTL
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 15

It's really unfortunate that when you point out mistakes and errors of Trump supporters, just like their hero in the White House, they take those corrections as an insult. 

JimC obviously didn't read my previous post when he wrote, 

"

Was that a budget or a budget request?  "

I wrote, "Fortunately, there was bi-parisan support in Congress to overrule the Trump Administration budget cut requests". Everyone else could see that I answered his question.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 15

@CriticalThinking wrote:

As usual. Trump Lovers cannot hold their leader accountable or responsible. The fact that Trump's Administration requested significant budget cuts to scientific research 3 years in a row, is all you have to know. This is a fact, Trump tried and keeps trying to damage scientific research.

Fortunately, there was bi-parisan support in Congress to overrule the Trump Administration budget cut requests, but that doesn't change the fact that he has no respect for science.

Thanks for the insult.

Was that a budget or a budget request?  

Is that budget in place?

VIMTSTL
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 15

As usual. Trump Lovers cannot hold their leader accountable or responsible. The fact that Trump's Administration requested significant budget cuts to scientific research 3 years in a row, is all you have to know. This is a fact, Trump tried and keeps trying to damage scientific research.

Fortunately, there was bi-parisan support in Congress to overrule the Trump Administration budget cut requests, but that doesn't change the fact that he has no respect for science.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Are you new to the online community? Say Hi and tell us a bit about yourself, your interests, and how we can help make this community a great experience for you!

close-up group of seniors smiling at camera

Top Authors