Take a look at aging around the world in 'A New Age,' a special report by AARP and Magnum Photos.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Trump cuts federal scientific research spending on fetal tissue research

Message 11 of 15

@CriticalThinking wrote:

For the third year in a row, President Donald Trump’s administration has unveiled a budget request to Congress that calls for deep spending cuts at many federal science agencies, including a 13% cut for the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and a 12% cut for the National Science Foundation (NSF), while providing hefty increases for the military.

You guys are just too funny!

Has that budget been passed by Congress and implemented ???  Key word REQUEST.

FUNNY

VIMTSTL
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Trump cuts federal scientific research spending on fetal tissue research

Message 12 of 15

For the third year in a row, President Donald Trump’s administration has unveiled a budget request to Congress that calls for deep spending cuts at many federal science agencies, including a 13% cut for the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and a 12% cut for the National Science Foundation (NSF), while providing hefty increases for the military.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 15

How did Trump single handily cut this spending?

I was always under the impression that he House of Representatives controlled the purse for America.

Am I wrong?  What did Trump have to do with this?

VIMTSTL
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 15

trump supporters and most conservatives jump on the tax cut for the rich wagon, praising it. Then when cuts to programs like this one take place to pay for the tax cut they support it without understanding or considering the connection, mostly because, it has the words "fetal tissue" it.

If it weren't for stem cell research, thousands and thousands would be dead today instead of living, including myself. This ban is based on pure ignorance.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views
Replies

Trump cuts federal scientific research spending on fetal tissue research

Message 15 of 15

To NIH and some research universities. 

“It will affect everything from cures for cancer and H.I.V. through to Parkinson’s and dementia,” Mr. Gostin said. “The ban on fetal tissue research is akin to a ban on hope for millions of Americans suffering from life-threatening and debilitating diseases.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/05/us/politics/fetal-tissue-research.html?login=facebook

Kudos
Views
Replies