There’s always more to discover with an AARP membership! Check out your member benefits.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Trump cornered on border wall

Message 71 of 93

@mandm84 wrote:

Reality check !

El Chapo's trial evidence showing massive drug shipments through Points of Entry and several record drug seizures at sea and land Point of Entries recently. What has the Trump Admin. and it's supporters learned ?

The wilfully blind see nothing , but what they want to see !!

Reality check, redux!

If that is the case, what is the point to the physical barriers previously approved of by the Dems?

And then some pointless insult.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 72 of 93

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

When the KochBros created the Teabaggers, moderates could no longer hold office as Republicans.

By "primaring" their moderates, the Baggers shifted the party to the extreme Right, picking up support from KKK, Nazis and White Supremacists along with their cryptoChristian fellow travelers, the Fundamentalists.

Somehow Democratic candidates managed to spend so much time talking about how they would help oppressed minorities, they lost the support of the equally but less obviously oppressed white workers in the bottom 40% of incomes who moved to the GOP when Der Trumper somehow convinced them he as on their side.

it seems Der Trumper thinks he can survive as the first foreign owned President by continuing to get support from racists and fundamentalists, but from the silent response to his "can't investigate and legislate" threat, it seems that may not be enough to keep him out of jail, let alone get him reelected.

Now we have evidence donny's kids ripped off the Campaign by grossly overcharging for events held in Trump properties, a YUGE violation of the emoulents act AND a case of serious consumer fraud. Looks like the State of New York has plenty of evidence to jail the entire Trump clan (less Melenia) and with what they can get from Mueller, Presidential Pardons are not going to save them and it looks like he won't be able to count on the elected GOPers to prevent him from being impeached, convicted and removed at which time he won't be pardoning anyone, and in all likelyhood neither will Pence.

Koch brothers, Tea Party, Baggers, extreme right, KKK, Nazis, White Supremacists, cryptochristians, Fundamentalists, oppressed white workers, foreign owned Presidency, racists and fundamentalists (again), donny's kids, and impeachment - WOW!!!! you sure had your panties in a twist last night.

I hope you feel better today and can express your thoughts on the topic - border security.

Good point.  

If Trump would stop worrying about whether the Koch Brothers and Tea Baggers, like him and stop supporting the KKK, White Supremacists, and Nazis. Then learn to read. He would realize that borer security requires a mix of modern technology and increased resources for the CBP. That a wall has been determined to be hopelessly ineffective.  However, he has not made that pivot yet. 

What have the Koch Brothers to do with border security? I assume they are for it but so are all who think of America and her needs ahead of partisanship.

The Tea party - they represent the political ideology that elected the President. There is no good reason for him disregard their (our) desires.

And then the insulting nonsense.....

I am starting to worry about you. YOU asked about the Koch Brothers, Nazis, and White supremacists. I just answered. If Trump learned to read or could listen to an entire briefing without his ADD kicking in, he would know a wall is the least effective and most expensive attempt at border security.  

I appreciate your concern (as insincere as I am sure it is) however, you have not "just answered". You have only thrown in your expert medical opinion to dodge the question.

So, again, what have the Koch brothers, Nazis and White Supremacists to do with border security?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 73 of 93

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@n566192l wrote:

I just hope that Trump doesn't shut down the Government again over the Wall 😡

I just hope Nancy doesn't do it for partisan purposes again.

Are you referring to the shutdown that occurred when the Republicans had control of both houses of Congress? Please explain how Ms. Pelosi had the power to prevent the Republicans from bringing a bill passed by the House up for a vote in the Senate or how she forced Ryan to refuse to bring a bill passed nearly unanimously in the Senate up for a vote in the House.

Not everyone is as ignorant as Trump supporters.

Under Congressional rules the budget could not be passed without Dem votes.

Before throwing the word "ignorant" around, it might be wise to acquire some knowledge.

How was any Democrat supposed to vote for a bill when the Republican leadership refused to allow for a vote? 

The fact is is that several Democrats in each house voted for a bill to fund the government. The Senate passed a bill to fund the government nearly unanimously (which means that many Democrats voted for it) but Paul Ryan refused to allow a vote on that bill in the House. 

The House had also passed a bill to fund the government with many Democratic votes but Mitch McConnell refused to allow a vote on that bill. 

You still haven’t explained how Nancy Pelosi had such power that she was able to force Ryan and McConnell to act as they did. 

Before you continue to post your claim that Pelosi shut down the government for partisan purposes you might actually look at some facts. If Trump supporters actually look led at facts instead of just making up excuses maybe so many wouldn’t think them proudly ignorant.

The Leadership is not going to put up a bill that Pelosi wants and (due to Pelosi) they didn't have the votes for border security.

If not for partisan reasons - why is she opposed to the President's request? I would not claim she opposes border security - so why???

I hope that does not make me "proudly ignorant" in the eyes of "so many".

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 74 of 93

Reality check !

El Chapo's trial evidence showing massive drug shipments through Points of Entry and several record drug seizures at sea and land Point of Entries recently. What has the Trump Admin. and it's supporters learned ?

The wilfully blind see nothing , but what they want to see !!

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 75 of 93

@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

When the KochBros created the Teabaggers, moderates could no longer hold office as Republicans.

By "primaring" their moderates, the Baggers shifted the party to the extreme Right, picking up support from KKK, Nazis and White Supremacists along with their cryptoChristian fellow travelers, the Fundamentalists.

Somehow Democratic candidates managed to spend so much time talking about how they would help oppressed minorities, they lost the support of the equally but less obviously oppressed white workers in the bottom 40% of incomes who moved to the GOP when Der Trumper somehow convinced them he as on their side.

it seems Der Trumper thinks he can survive as the first foreign owned President by continuing to get support from racists and fundamentalists, but from the silent response to his "can't investigate and legislate" threat, it seems that may not be enough to keep him out of jail, let alone get him reelected.

Now we have evidence donny's kids ripped off the Campaign by grossly overcharging for events held in Trump properties, a YUGE violation of the emoulents act AND a case of serious consumer fraud. Looks like the State of New York has plenty of evidence to jail the entire Trump clan (less Melenia) and with what they can get from Mueller, Presidential Pardons are not going to save them and it looks like he won't be able to count on the elected GOPers to prevent him from being impeached, convicted and removed at which time he won't be pardoning anyone, and in all likelyhood neither will Pence.

Koch brothers, Tea Party, Baggers, extreme right, KKK, Nazis, White Supremacists, cryptochristians, Fundamentalists, oppressed white workers, foreign owned Presidency, racists and fundamentalists (again), donny's kids, and impeachment - WOW!!!! you sure had your panties in a twist last night.

I hope you feel better today and can express your thoughts on the topic - border security.

Good point.  

If Trump would stop worrying about whether the Koch Brothers and Tea Baggers, like him and stop supporting the KKK, White Supremacists, and Nazis. Then learn to read. He would realize that borer security requires a mix of modern technology and increased resources for the CBP. That a wall has been determined to be hopelessly ineffective.  However, he has not made that pivot yet. 

What have the Koch Brothers to do with border security? I assume they are for it but so are all who think of America and her needs ahead of partisanship.

The Tea party - they represent the political ideology that elected the President. There is no good reason for him disregard their (our) desires.

And then the insulting nonsense.....

I am starting to worry about you. YOU asked about the Koch Brothers, Nazis, and White supremacists. I just answered. If Trump learned to read or could listen to an entire briefing without his ADD kicking in, he would know a wall is the least effective and most expensive attempt at border security.  

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 76 of 93

@rk9152 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@n566192l wrote:

Are you referring to the shutdown that occurred when the Republicans had control of both houses of Congress? Please explain how Ms. Pelosi had the power to prevent the Republicans from bringing a bill passed by the House up for a vote in the Senate or how she forced Ryan to refuse to bring a bill passed nearly unanimously in the Senate up for a vote in the House.

Before throwing the word "ignorant" around, it might be wise to acquire some knowledge.

How was any Democrat supposed to vote for a bill when the Republican leadership refused to allow for a vote? 

The fact is is that several Democrats in each house voted for a bill to fund the government. The Senate passed a bill to fund the government nearly unanimously (which means that many Democrats voted for it) but Paul Ryan refused to allow a vote on that bill in the House. 

The House had also passed a bill to fund the government with many Democratic votes but Mitch McConnell refused to allow a vote on that bill. 

You still haven’t explained how Nancy Pelosi had such power that she was able to force Ryan and McConnell to act as they did. 

Before you continue to post your claim that Pelosi shut down the government for partisan purposes you might actually look at some facts. If Trump supporters actually look led at facts instead of just making up excuses maybe so many wouldn’t think them proudly ignorant.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 77 of 93

@CriticalThinking wrote:

We know where the real ignorance lies. The fact is, Trump said, 

"I WILL PROUDLY SHUT DOWN THE GOVERNMENT OVER MY BORDER WALL"

But Trump Cult members are incapable of holding their Supreme Leader accountable for anything negative. That's why it's a cult.

I googled that quote and guess where it took me - and guess to who.

Can you do better?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 78 of 93

@rk9152 wrote:

@n566192l wrote:

I just hope that the vast majority (the REALLY WISE) continues to justifiably place the blame on trump.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Trump cornered on border wall

Message 79 of 93

We know where the real ignorance lies. The fact is, Trump said, 

"I WILL PROUDLY SHUT DOWN THE GOVERNMENT OVER MY BORDER WALL"

But Trump Cult members are incapable of holding their Supreme Leader accountable for anything negative. That's why it's a cult.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 80 of 93

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@n566192l wrote:

Kudos
Views