Refresh your driving skills and you could save on your auto insurance! Sign up for the AARP Smart Driver course.

 

Reply
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
142
Views

Re: Trump cornered on border wall

142 Views
Message 61 of 93

@LydiaN586309 wrote:

If Trump wasn't such a baby and a bully, he wouldn't have to be stuck in a corner or on his wall.  And if the Republican Party and their constituents didn't put party above and before country, we wouldn't have Baby Trump at all!


It is strange to see an effort to be faithful to a campaign promise being described that way.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
142
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
141
Views

Re: Trump cornered on border wall

141 Views
Message 62 of 93

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

I know who Rush is but "Annie"???

 

Think of it this way, the President realized that then bill being offered did not allow him to fulfill his campaign promise and refused to sign it.

 

Sounds rather honorable to me.


Look at it this way. After giving the builder (McConnel) detailed instructions on what he wanted to have and what he would accept in the house while under construction, the owner (Trump) decided he had wanted a basement the day the builder was to present him with the keys to the new house.  In short, the man was a moron. 


Look at it this way - the President campaigned on building the wall.

 

Any non-moron can understand that. It does not require an analogy.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
141
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
140
Views

Re: Trump cornered on border wall

140 Views
Message 63 of 93

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

Miller only has that power because he tells lel donny what he wants to hear, then praises him when he does what he wants to do.

 

If a 6 year-old crashes your car into a schoolbus, don't blame the 6 year-old.

Blame the one who gave him the keys to your car -THE REPUBLICANS.

 


Is that in some way related to the border security that President Trump campaigned on and is attempting to deliver on?


Trump is not interested in border security, he just wants his vanity wall.

 


Got it - no rational response so just play "mind reader".

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
140
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
145
Views

Re: Trump cornered on border wall

145 Views
Message 64 of 93

If Trump wasn't such a baby and a bully, he wouldn't have to be stuck in a corner or on his wall.  And if the Republican Party and their constituents didn't put party above and before country, we wouldn't have Baby Trump at all!

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
145
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
151
Views

Re: Trump cornered on border wall

151 Views
Message 65 of 93

@rk9152 wrote:

I know who Rush is but "Annie"???

 

Think of it this way, the President realized that then bill being offered did not allow him to fulfill his campaign promise and refused to sign it.

 

Sounds rather honorable to me.


Look at it this way. After giving the builder (McConnel) detailed instructions on what he wanted to have and what he would accept in the house while under construction, the owner (Trump) decided he had wanted a basement the day the builder was to present him with the keys to the new house.  In short, the man was a moron. 

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
151
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
143
Views

Re: Trump cornered on border wall

143 Views
Message 66 of 93

@rk9152 wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

Miller only has that power because he tells lel donny what he wants to hear, then praises him when he does what he wants to do.

 

If a 6 year-old crashes your car into a schoolbus, don't blame the 6 year-old.

Blame the one who gave him the keys to your car -THE REPUBLICANS.

 


Is that in some way related to the border security that President Trump campaigned on and is attempting to deliver on?


Trump is not interested in border security, he just wants his vanity wall.

 


"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
143
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
125
Views

Re: Trump cornered on border wall

125 Views
Message 67 of 93

@Olderscout66 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@n566192l wrote:

I just hope that Trump doesn't shut down the Government again over the Wall 😡


I just hope Nancy doesn't do it for partisan purposes again.


Are you referring to the shutdown that occurred when the Republicans had control of both houses of Congress? Please explain how Ms. Pelosi had the power to prevent the Republicans from bringing a bill passed by the House up for a vote in the Senate or how she forced Ryan to refuse to bring a bill passed nearly unanimously in the Senate up for a vote in the House.

 

Not everyone is as ignorant as Trump supporters.


Under Congressional rules the budget could not be passed without Dem votes.

 

Before throwing the word "ignorant" around, it might be wise to acquire some knowledge.


A bipartisan budget PASSED both Houses, in fact it got 100 votes in the Senate, but Rush and Annie said mean things about lil donny so he refused to sign it and shut down the pay for 800,000 civil Servants and 2,000,000 contract workers for 35 days.

 

To avoid undesired results one must eschew undesirable actions, like attempting to alter History when it's still fresh in everyone's minds.


I know who Rush is but "Annie"???

 

Think of it this way, the President realized that then bill being offered did not allow him to fulfill his campaign promise and refused to sign it.

 

Sounds rather honorable to me.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
125
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
127
Views

Re: Trump cornered on border wall

127 Views
Message 68 of 93

@Olderscout66 wrote:

Miller only has that power because he tells lel donny what he wants to hear, then praises him when he does what he wants to do.

 

If a 6 year-old crashes your car into a schoolbus, don't blame the 6 year-old.

Blame the one who gave him the keys to your car -THE REPUBLICANS.

 


Is that in some way related to the border security that President Trump campaigned on and is attempting to deliver on?

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
127
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
133
Views

Re: Trump cornered on border wall

133 Views
Message 69 of 93

@rk9152 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@n566192l wrote:

I just hope that Trump doesn't shut down the Government again over the Wall 😡


I just hope Nancy doesn't do it for partisan purposes again.


Are you referring to the shutdown that occurred when the Republicans had control of both houses of Congress? Please explain how Ms. Pelosi had the power to prevent the Republicans from bringing a bill passed by the House up for a vote in the Senate or how she forced Ryan to refuse to bring a bill passed nearly unanimously in the Senate up for a vote in the House.

 

Not everyone is as ignorant as Trump supporters.


Under Congressional rules the budget could not be passed without Dem votes.

 

Before throwing the word "ignorant" around, it might be wise to acquire some knowledge.


A bipartisan budget PASSED both Houses, in fact it got 100 votes in the Senate, but Rush and Annie said mean things about lil donny so he refused to sign it and shut down the pay for 800,000 civil Servants and 2,000,000 contract workers for 35 days.

 

To avoid undesired results one must eschew undesirable actions, like attempting to alter History when it's still fresh in everyone's minds.

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
133
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
129
Views

Re: Trump cornered on border wall

129 Views
Message 70 of 93

Miller only has that power because he tells lel donny what he wants to hear, then praises him when he does what he wants to do.

 

If a 6 year-old crashes your car into a schoolbus, don't blame the 6 year-old.

Blame the one who gave him the keys to your car -THE REPUBLICANS.

 

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
129
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.


multiple white question marks with center red question mark

Top Authors