If you suspect you're a scam target, AARP's fraud helpline is here for you. Learn more.

Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Trump cornered on border wall

Message 41 of 93

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@n566192l wrote:

I just hope that Trump doesn't shut down the Government again over the Wall 😡

I just hope Nancy doesn't do it for partisan purposes again.

Are you referring to the shutdown that occurred when the Republicans had control of both houses of Congress? Please explain how Ms. Pelosi had the power to prevent the Republicans from bringing a bill passed by the House up for a vote in the Senate or how she forced Ryan to refuse to bring a bill passed nearly unanimously in the Senate up for a vote in the House.

Not everyone is as ignorant as Trump supporters.

Under Congressional rules the budget could not be passed without Dem votes.

Before throwing the word "ignorant" around, it might be wise to acquire some knowledge.

How was any Democrat supposed to vote for a bill when the Republican leadership refused to allow for a vote? 

The fact is is that several Democrats in each house voted for a bill to fund the government. The Senate passed a bill to fund the government nearly unanimously (which means that many Democrats voted for it) but Paul Ryan refused to allow a vote on that bill in the House. 

The House had also passed a bill to fund the government with many Democratic votes but Mitch McConnell refused to allow a vote on that bill. 

You still haven’t explained how Nancy Pelosi had such power that she was able to force Ryan and McConnell to act as they did. 

Before you continue to post your claim that Pelosi shut down the government for partisan purposes you might actually look at some facts. If Trump supporters actually look led at facts instead of just making up excuses maybe so many wouldn’t think them proudly ignorant.

The Leadership is not going to put up a bill that Pelosi wants and (due to Pelosi) they didn't have the votes for border security.

If not for partisan reasons - why is she opposed to the President's request? I would not claim she opposes border security - so why???

I hope that does not make me "proudly ignorant" in the eyes of "so many".

Why is Trump opposed to real, effective border security? Is it for partisan purposes? Or is it for personal reasons?

Since they had the votes in December to pass the bills why wouldn’t the Republicans bring them up for a vote? As McConnell said, he was not going to consider any bill that Trump wouldn’t sign. Nothing to do with Pelosi or the Democrats, just Trump and his Republican enablers.

They had the votes to pass the bill Pelosi wanted. I hope that answers your question.

It was totally bi-partisan - Trump wanted, Pelosi refused.

You are still wrong. They passed bills that were agreed to by the majority of both Democrats and Republicans. Trump whined that FOX was mean to him and he would not sign what he had agreed to earlier.

Are the Republicans so incompetent that a little disagreement turns them into whiney babies? Trump has proven that is true for him, but do you put all Republicans into the same category?

Your attempts to blame Pelosi for the failures of Trump and the Republicans is becoming ridiculous.

I'm not sure why the Libs keep whining about the same thing with Pres Trump not signing the bill 'that Pelosi wanted' when everyone knows Pelosi does NOT negotiate at all.  She NEVER agreed in any way, shape, or form to anything.  Pres Trump has negotiated many times in lowering the amount he originally needed for an American border barrier/wall/curtain/whatever you prefer to call it.  The president has repeated many times that he will NOT sign any bill that does not include that funding.  And Nanny keeps wasting taxpayers' money by submitting bills without any funding for that barrier.  Yet she keeps trying to put it all on Trump.  It also shows that her and the Libs don't care at all about DACA because that is also part of the 'negotiation'.

Then she loves to blame it on the president when it's really all on her (and Chuckster).  She said she would 'negotiate' once the shutdown was lifted so we'll see if she lies again to Americans....she's already admitted she won't since shutdown was lifted, so we'll be watching on Feb. 15th.  I'd always bet against her EVER telling the truth.  

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 42 of 93

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

I know who Rush is but "Annie"???

Think of it this way, the President realized that then bill being offered did not allow him to fulfill his campaign promise and refused to sign it.

Sounds rather honorable to me.

Look at it this way. After giving the builder (McConnel) detailed instructions on what he wanted to have and what he would accept in the house while under construction, the owner (Trump) decided he had wanted a basement the day the builder was to present him with the keys to the new house.  In short, the man was a moron. 

Look at it this way - the President campaigned on building the wall.

Any non-moron can understand that. It does not require an analogy.

Look at it this way.  Trump is catering to his moronic base ............. a minority of Americans ignorant enough to believe that a Wall is the answer to border security and immigration reform.

I know of no one who believes that. But there are some who consider physical barriers to not be a factor. Now, about "ignorant"......

If you know "no one" that believes that then you need to broaden the scope of  who you know. The majority of Americans don't want the wall. That's reality. Yep, it takes ignorance to believe that the wall is the answer to border security and immigration reform when it isn't. NO one has apposed "border security", the wall just isn't necessary to have that.

Who do you know that this describes - "minority of Americans ignorant enough to believe that a Wall is the answer to border security and immigration reform"? I know no one.

Goes to show we don't need trump's wall.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 43 of 93

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

Why is Trump opposed to real, effective border security? Is it for partisan purposes? Or is it for personal reasons?

Since they had the votes in December to pass the bills why wouldn’t the Republicans bring them up for a vote? As McConnell said, he was not going to consider any bill that Trump wouldn’t sign. Nothing to do with Pelosi or the Democrats, just Trump and his Republican enablers.

McConnell will not go against trump because trump placed McConnell's wife and brother-in-law in appointments. McConnell is bought and paid for, he's gott' go in 2020.

Yes, so you have said.

Alternate scenario - McConnell is supporting the campaign promises of the President who is of his Party.

I know, I know - not nearly as exciting as your back door conspiracy theory. But, we are talking politics.

Not "alternate scenario" but 'alternate reality",.You denying that trump appointed McConnell's wife and brother-in-law? McConnell owes trump for appointing his wife and brother-in-law. Wise purchase on trump's part, he bought the Senate Leader. That reality thingy gets y'a every time.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 44 of 93

@rk9152 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@n566192l wrote:

Are you referring to the shutdown that occurred when the Republicans had control of both houses of Congress? Please explain how Ms. Pelosi had the power to prevent the Republicans from bringing a bill passed by the House up for a vote in the Senate or how she forced Ryan to refuse to bring a bill passed nearly unanimously in the Senate up for a vote in the House.

Before throwing the word "ignorant" around, it might be wise to acquire some knowledge.

How was any Democrat supposed to vote for a bill when the Republican leadership refused to allow for a vote? 

The fact is is that several Democrats in each house voted for a bill to fund the government. The Senate passed a bill to fund the government nearly unanimously (which means that many Democrats voted for it) but Paul Ryan refused to allow a vote on that bill in the House. 

The House had also passed a bill to fund the government with many Democratic votes but Mitch McConnell refused to allow a vote on that bill. 

You still haven’t explained how Nancy Pelosi had such power that she was able to force Ryan and McConnell to act as they did. 

Before you continue to post your claim that Pelosi shut down the government for partisan purposes you might actually look at some facts. If Trump supporters actually look led at facts instead of just making up excuses maybe so many wouldn’t think them proudly ignorant.

The Leadership is not going to put up a bill that Pelosi wants and (due to Pelosi) they didn't have the votes for border security.

If not for partisan reasons - why is she opposed to the President's request? I would not claim she opposes border security - so why???

They had the votes to pass the bill Pelosi wanted. I hope that answers your question.

You are still wrong. They passed bills that were agreed to by the majority of both Democrats and Republicans. Trump whined that FOX was mean to him and he would not sign what he had agreed to earlier.

Are the Republicans so incompetent that a little disagreement turns them into whiney babies? Trump has proven that is true for him, but do you put all Republicans into the same category?

Your attempts to blame Pelosi for the failures of Trump and the Republicans is becoming ridiculous.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 45 of 93

@rk9152 wrote:

Who do you know that this describes - "minority of Americans ignorant enough to believe that a Wall is the answer to border security and immigration reform"? I know no one.

Really?  A minority of Americans voted for Trump. Many of them think a wall is top of the line technology.  I mean, they keep asking "who could get over, under, or around a good solid wall?" Then they mention how their chihuahua has not managed to overcome their backyard fence in the last 3 years. I only know the CBP offices in New Mexico put out a notice not to bring in any more ladders from the walls which exist because they were running out of storage room between the garages for them. There was actually some discussion of having a sale but somebody pointed out the optics of having one show up at a barrier after being purchased from CBP. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 46 of 93

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

I know who Rush is but "Annie"???

Think of it this way, the President realized that then bill being offered did not allow him to fulfill his campaign promise and refused to sign it.

Sounds rather honorable to me.

Look at it this way. After giving the builder (McConnel) detailed instructions on what he wanted to have and what he would accept in the house while under construction, the owner (Trump) decided he had wanted a basement the day the builder was to present him with the keys to the new house.  In short, the man was a moron. 

Look at it this way - the President campaigned on building the wall.

Any non-moron can understand that. It does not require an analogy.

Look at it this way.  Trump is catering to his moronic base ............. a minority of Americans ignorant enough to believe that a Wall is the answer to border security and immigration reform.

I know of no one who believes that. But there are some who consider physical barriers to not be a factor. Now, about "ignorant"......

If you know "no one" that believes that then you need to broaden the scope of  who you know. The majority of Americans don't want the wall. That's reality. Yep, it takes ignorance to believe that the wall is the answer to border security and immigration reform when it isn't. NO one has apposed "border security", the wall just isn't necessary to have that.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 47 of 93

@Olderscout66 wrote:

We already have 700 miles of wall where its effective. lil donny insists we build 240 more miles where it serves no purpose. He's playing to his moronic base and trying to avoid Rush calling him a wimp, which is as strategic his thinking gets. It's also the best decision he can make given what he considers reliable intelligence information.

It is quite impressive that our leaders in the past put up exactly what is needed, just where it is needed and we no longer have an illegal immigrant (or poor, tired brown people) problem.

It is strange to see a pol attempting to fulfill a campaign promise as "playing to his moronic base". Have campaign promises no value to you? In that case, how do we decide which candidate to vote for?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 48 of 93

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

McConnell will not go against trump because trump placed McConnell's wife and brother-in-law in appointments. McConnell is bought and paid for, he's gott' go in 2020.

Yes, so you have said.

Alternate scenario - McConnell is supporting the campaign promises of the President who is of his Party.

I know, I know - not nearly as exciting as your back door conspiracy theory. But, we are talking politics.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 49 of 93

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@n566192l wrote:

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 50 of 93

@rk9152 wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

Check the transcript of lil donny's fake negotiation with the Speaker and Schumer:

THE PRESIDENT: You know what I’ll say: Yes, if we don’t get what we want, one way or the other -- whether it’s through you, through a military, through anything you want to call -- I will shut down the government. Absolutely.

So much for GOPers lying about what donny considered "negotiation". Donny's total BS assertion that more wall will enhance border security is based on donny's fear of having Rush say mean things about him, which has less than nothing to do with border security.

As for connecting his actions with his festering legal problems, how can you possibly think everything he does is NOT connected to his desire to keep his wrinkled tush out of jail?

Negotiating involves "This is what I need, what do you need". No lying in that just the real world in which people know that the President's name is not "lil donny" and that it has nothing to do with anything about a tush.

Morbidly obese liddle donnie's excessively large posterior is quite obviously too fat to have wrinkles...

Ds-QZ-pVYAEMAR0.jpg

He (tRump) is useless on top of the ground - he should be under it - inspiring the cabbages...
Kudos
Views