There’s always more to discover with an AARP membership! Check out your member benefits.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Trump cornered on border wall

Message 11 of 93

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Fox, always Fox.

It's always been about FOX with right wing trump supporters ...... until now that FOX made fun of trump first approving the bill.

and the Fox obsession continues

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 93

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

I know who Rush is but "Annie"???

Think of it this way, the President realized that then bill being offered did not allow him to fulfill his campaign promise and refused to sign it.

Sounds rather honorable to me.

Look at it this way. After giving the builder (McConnel) detailed instructions on what he wanted to have and what he would accept in the house while under construction, the owner (Trump) decided he had wanted a basement the day the builder was to present him with the keys to the new house.  In short, the man was a moron. 

Look at it this way - the President campaigned on building the wall.

Any non-moron can understand that. It does not require an analogy.

Look at it this way.  Trump is catering to his moronic base ............. a minority of Americans ignorant enough to believe that a Wall is the answer to border security and immigration reform.

I know of no one who believes that. But there are some who consider physical barriers to not be a factor. Now, about "ignorant"......

If you know "no one" that believes that then you need to broaden the scope of  who you know. The majority of Americans don't want the wall. That's reality. Yep, it takes ignorance to believe that the wall is the answer to border security and immigration reform when it isn't. NO one has apposed "border security", the wall just isn't necessary to have that.

Who do you know that this describes - "minority of Americans ignorant enough to believe that a Wall is the answer to border security and immigration reform"? I know no one.

Goes to show we don't need trump's wall.

It goes to show that there is no "one size fits all" solution - a total package is needed, including physical barriers.

And, as to the quote - who has ever said that?

Like I said, it takes ignorance to believe that a border wall is necessary for border security. It isn't necessary so a wall isn't needed.

Physical barriers are part of the total package. The only ignorance is denying that.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 93

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Why do you consider it not possible for McConnell to support the campaign promises that got his President elected?

'Supporting " trump's campaign promises is not his job. McConnell doesn't want to risk his wife's or brother-in-law's removal from their appointments.

Read carefully, I was not discussing "his job".

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 93

@rk9152 wrote:

Fox, always Fox.

It's always been about FOX with right wing trump supporters ...... until now that FOX made fun of trump first approving the bill.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 93

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

I know who Rush is but "Annie"???

Think of it this way, the President realized that then bill being offered did not allow him to fulfill his campaign promise and refused to sign it.

Sounds rather honorable to me.

Look at it this way. After giving the builder (McConnel) detailed instructions on what he wanted to have and what he would accept in the house while under construction, the owner (Trump) decided he had wanted a basement the day the builder was to present him with the keys to the new house.  In short, the man was a moron. 

Look at it this way - the President campaigned on building the wall.

Any non-moron can understand that. It does not require an analogy.

Look at it this way.  Trump is catering to his moronic base ............. a minority of Americans ignorant enough to believe that a Wall is the answer to border security and immigration reform.

I know of no one who believes that. But there are some who consider physical barriers to not be a factor. Now, about "ignorant"......

If you know "no one" that believes that then you need to broaden the scope of  who you know. The majority of Americans don't want the wall. That's reality. Yep, it takes ignorance to believe that the wall is the answer to border security and immigration reform when it isn't. NO one has apposed "border security", the wall just isn't necessary to have that.

Who do you know that this describes - "minority of Americans ignorant enough to believe that a Wall is the answer to border security and immigration reform"? I know no one.

Goes to show we don't need trump's wall.

It goes to show that there is no "one size fits all" solution - a total package is needed, including physical barriers.

And, as to the quote - who has ever said that?

Like I said, it takes ignorance to believe that a border wall is necessary for border security. It isn't necessary so a wall isn't needed.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 93

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

Why is Trump opposed to real, effective border security? Is it for partisan purposes? Or is it for personal reasons?

Since they had the votes in December to pass the bills why wouldn’t the Republicans bring them up for a vote? As McConnell said, he was not going to consider any bill that Trump wouldn’t sign. Nothing to do with Pelosi or the Democrats, just Trump and his Republican enablers.

McConnell will not go against trump because trump placed McConnell's wife and brother-in-law in appointments. McConnell is bought and paid for, he's gott' go in 2020.

Yes, so you have said.

Alternate scenario - McConnell is supporting the campaign promises of the President who is of his Party.

I know, I know - not nearly as exciting as your back door conspiracy theory. But, we are talking politics.

Not "alternate scenario" but 'alternate reality",.You denying that trump appointed McConnell's wife and brother-in-law? McConnell owes trump for appointing his wife and brother-in-law. Wise purchase on trump's part, he bought the Senate Leader. That reality thingy gets y'a every time.

Why do you consider it not possible for McConnell to support the campaign promises that got his President elected?

'Supporting " trump's campaign promises is not his job. McConnell doesn't want to risk his wife's or brother-in-law's removal from their appointments.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 93

@LydiaN586309 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@LydiaN586309 wrote:
@LydiaN586309 wrote:

If Trump wasn't such a baby and a bully, he wouldn't have to be stuck in a corner or on his wall.  And if the Republican Party and their constituents didn't put party above and before country, we wouldn't have Baby Trump at all!

@rk9152 wrote:

It is strange to see an effort to be faithful to a campaign promise being described that way.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

If Trump were truly being FAITHFUL to his campaign promise he would keep "all" of that promise. 

Watch and listen below:

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=you+tube+--+who%27s+gonna+pay+for+the+wall%3f+trump&&view=detai...

and

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=you+tube+--+who%27s+gonna+pay+for+the+wall%3f+trump&view=detail...

No diversions please.

Diversions?  Not my intention here. And yet everyone is entitiled to their opinion.  But the "fact" that Baby Trump insisted that Mexico would pay for THE WALL, is indeed a fact.  He said it!  Over and over again he said it.  Now, all that he or his Stepfords can remember is that he campaigned for a border wall.  But the other part to that was that we (the American people) would not be stuck with the bill for his fantastical "campaign promise."   He campaigned that he would make Mexico foot that bill!  Watch the vids above.

a diversion. we are talking about a quote, not payment

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Trump cornered on border wall

Message 18 of 93

As I often state, Trump supporters live in an alternate reality devoid of the truth. In that world, Trump can do nothing wrong and he's never accountable for his own actions.

For everyone else, we heard what Trump said about the government shutdown and we know it was his fault. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 93

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@LydiaN586309 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@CriticalThinking wrote:

Trump said,  "I WILL PROUDLY SHUT DOWN THE GOVERNMENT OVER MY BORDER WALL"

No he didn't.

Yes, he did!  

Watch and listen below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--6mq58zw4s

no he didn't, Schumer said it

Wow, Schumer must be a great ventriloquist. He even got the sound of Trump’s voice perfectly.

Your hearing is off, the quote was not there.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 93

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@LydiaN586309 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@CriticalThinking wrote:

Trump said,  "I WILL PROUDLY SHUT DOWN THE GOVERNMENT OVER MY BORDER WALL"

No he didn't.

Yes, he did!  

Watch and listen below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--6mq58zw4s

Now you did it! Trump supporters only like the ‘facts’ that support their warped view.

Yes, I did. I pointed out that the quote is inaccurate. The truth is not "warped".

Kudos
Views