Refresh your driving skills with the AARP Smart Driver online course! Use promo code THANKS to save 25 percent.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Trump considers executive order on citizenship question

Message 1 of 80

"Census asks too many questions". Could be, but our country needs to find out how many are or are not citizens,  In  a census, they need to count all people that live in this country

I and many are sick of the people that are afraid of hurting peoples feelings....like the people that think sanctuary cities and states are a good thing. If you are a legal residen, you are not required to become a citizen of the United States, to become a citizen of this country is a voluntary action that a legal resident takes, I consier it a priviledge and an honor. to be one.

We hear estimates of the number of people living in our country that are not citizens. Time we find out!   Of course,  any  resident of this country a legal resident a green card holder lives in this country and it not required by law to become a citizen ever, therefore, yes that are many residents in the USA that are not citizens.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 80

Come on  people, the man just realized that it was not nice to get into a fight with the Supreme Court.  so. no Executive Order to put question on the Census.

So, he finds other ways, that is his priviledge, he shuld have thought of that before all of this hoopla.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 80
MsStretch posted

From Fox News: Judge Andrew Napolitano: Census asks too many questions – it’s just supposed to determine our popula...

========================

"Census asks too many questions". Could be, but our country needs to find out how many are or are not citizens,

I and many are sick of the people that are afraid of hurting peoples feelings....like the people that think sanctuary cities and states are a good thing.

We hear estimates of the number of people living in our country that are not citizens. Time we find out!

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 80

Oh no!!!! no!!!!!  what a disgrace!!!!!

Trump just announced that he is backing off the census question. and I was sure that he would do an Executive Action. Oh no.!!!!, I was really so happy expecting that from him I applauded the action, I wanted  so badly for him to show the world that he is the one that makes the decisions.

Oh no.!!!! no executive order. Oh me, oh my!!!!  what horrible thing to happen.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 80
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 80

@jimc91 wrote:

@rker321 wrote:

@jimc91 wrote:

So what are the democrats afraid of?

I just siad that in mu post, I LOVE IT,  I PRAY EVERY DAY.    that he actually goes ahead with the Executieve Order.

I thought you said you are a Republican?  

Are you now a democrat?

I asked, what are DEMOCRATS afraid of?

How sad that you fail to understand that I as a registered Republican but not a Trump follower, we do exist, and would you be surprised that many of us are out there also?  Is it too difficult to believe that not all of us are puppets of any party?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 80

@jimc91 

Other than your skewed public opinion polls, or trial in the court of public opinion, John asked the most relevant question...why do you believe people that lie, to you and the populace?

Why?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 80

@jimc91 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@jimc91 wrote:

Hola: Majority of Hispanic voters approve of citizenship question on U.S. census

- The Washington Times -

Two-thirds of voters approve of a citizenship question on the 2020 census, and that includes a majority of Hispanic voters — despite claims by Democratic lawmakers that the inquiry would discourage participation in Latino communities.

A Harvard University Center for American Political Studies/Harris poll found that 67% of all registered U.S. voters say the census should ask the citizenship question when the time comes. That includes 88% of Republicans, 63% of independents and 52% of Democrats.

Most notably, the poll found that 55% of Hispanic voters favor the idea.

Also in agreement: 74% of rural voters, 59% of black voters, 58% of urban voters and 47% of voters who backed Hillary Clinton in 2016. At 44%, liberal voters were the least likely to favor the citizenship question.

At the other end of the scale, 92% of Trump voters and 90% of conservatives back the question.

The Harvard poll of 2,182 registered voters was conducted June 26-29. A Hill/HarrisX voter poll conducted in June found that 60% of voters approved of the question.

On Tuesday, White House counselor Kellyanne Conway challenged why the citizenship question should even be an issue on the census — which makes a variety of personal household inquiries. She faults Democratic critics.

“We’re asking people how many toilets in your house and you don’t want to know who’s using them? It’s absolutely ridiculous — and this is why the president is fighting for the question’s inclusion,” Ms. Conway told Fox News.

“The census is important, and as President Trump has mentioned, we spend about $20 billion on it. We have said it’s an important exercise. So why not get it right? The census in the past has been increasingly responsive to changes in American demography,” she continued.

“I would ask the Democrats —I hear they’re screaming rhetoric — I would ask what are you afraid of? Why wouldn’t you want to know who’s living in this country, and who’s a citizen and who’s not a citizen?” Ms. Conway asked.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/jul/9/55-of-hispanic-voters-approve-citizenship-question/

Bad support story. From a far right source, by a far right writer. They do not tell the truth. The SC said no question so that ends it by law. Trump said he had to have the answer before June 30 so they could print the forms. Did Trump lie again. It looks like it. Why does the far right support people who tell lies?

TOO FUNNY @john258 !

Do you deny the Harvard poll and results because you don't like the writer of this article? That's hilarious!!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

From the article:

A Harvard University Center for American Political Studies/Harris poll found that 67% of all registered U.S. voters say the census should ask the citizenship question when the time comes. That includes 88% of Republicans, 63% of independents and 52% of Democrats.

Also in agreement: 74% of rural voters, 59% of black voters, 58% of urban voters and 47% of voters who backed Hillary Clinton in 2016. At 44%, liberal voters were the least likely to favor the citizenship question.

At the other end of the scale, 92% of Trump voters and 90% of conservatives back the question.

What is not hilarious is how all day we see the enablers trying to deflect from the real news. The real news is about Jeffery E and Trump. They are from the same place. Trump told us in his tapes what he likes to do to Girls, and he likes them young. He even purchased the Miss Teen age American pageant so he could visit with the people taking part in their dressing rooms while they got ready. Jeffery took the young girls to his home. What about Barr father hiring Jeffery to teach high school boys and girls in NYC some years ago. We now have Trump and 2 of his top people mixed up in this. Have all the Trump backers become ok with what has happened to women when they get near this crew.

Now once again the SC said no question that ends all discussion on the citizenship question being used. We can still cover Dictator Trump attempt to break the law, and his telling another lie about needing the court ruling by June 30 so they could print the forms. Do Trump supporters support a President who breaks the law? 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 80

@jimc91 wrote:

From the article:

Yes and 55% of Supreme Court Justices think the Trump administration is making up reasons for the question when its only purpose is to suppress participation among Hispanics.   That poll wins over your poll. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 80

@john258 wrote:

@jimc91 wrote:

Hola: Majority of Hispanic voters approve of citizenship question on U.S. census

- The Washington Times -

Two-thirds of voters approve of a citizenship question on the 2020 census, and that includes a majority of Hispanic voters — despite claims by Democratic lawmakers that the inquiry would discourage participation in Latino communities.

The Harvard poll of 2,182 registered voters was conducted June 26-29. A Hill/HarrisX voter poll conducted in June found that 60% of voters approved of the question.

On Tuesday, White House counselor Kellyanne Conway challenged why the citizenship question should even be an issue on the census — which makes a variety of personal household inquiries. She faults Democratic critics.

“We’re asking people how many toilets in your house and you don’t want to know who’s using them? It’s absolutely ridiculous — and this is why the president is fighting for the question’s inclusion,” Ms. Conway told Fox News.

“The census is important, and as President Trump has mentioned, we spend about $20 billion on it. We have said it’s an important exercise. So why not get it right? The census in the past has been increasingly responsive to changes in American demography,” she continued.

“I would ask the Democrats —I hear they’re screaming rhetoric — I would ask what are you afraid of? Why wouldn’t you want to know who’s living in this country, and who’s a citizen and who’s not a citizen?” Ms. Conway asked.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/jul/9/55-of-hispanic-voters-approve-citizenship-question/

Bad support story. From a far right source, by a far right writer. They do not tell the truth. The SC said no question so that ends it by law. Trump said he had to have the answer before June 30 so they could print the forms. Did Trump lie again. It looks like it. Why does the far right support people who tell lies?

TOO FUNNY @john258 !

Do you deny the Harvard poll and results because you don't like the writer of this article? That's hilarious!!

From the article:

VIMTSTL
Kudos
Views