Reply
Honored Social Butterfly

Trump adm blocking Veterans from getting health care they need

More than 40 senators, including Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer of New York, and seven veterans’ and military groups sent letters to Donald Trump this week imploring him to designate four diseases as related to Agent Orange and other defoliants used during the Vietnam War.
The senators said the administration’s delay in announcing a decision on how to designate the four ailments — bladder cancer, hypothyroidism, Parkinson’s-like symptoms and hypertension — “continues to deny 190,000 sick and aging veterans the health care and compensation they have earned and desperately need.”
“More than 50 years after their service and sacrifice, these veterans continue to suffer the detrimental effects of their exposure each day,” lawmakers wrote in a letter to Trump Wednesday. BUZZSHARES.NET

Honored Social Butterfly

And now Trump has diagnosed the 100+ soldiers who suffered severe brain damage by the explosions of the Iranian missile attack as simply "having head aches" ..... clearly exemplifying that Trump couldn't care less about our wounded veterans!

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Honored Social Butterfly

Of the 109 troops who have been diagnosed with brain injuries, 76 had returned to duty, officials said Monday. The REAL issue is long term affects of percussion. 

 

Boxers, football player suffer similar injuries and often the results of head trauma, is not observed until later in life. Of course,  repeated poundings and impact upon the brain as observed in both sports, has obvious results. 

 

The well being of our service men and women should be apolitical. 

 

 


Libs are nuttier than squirrel poop
0 Kudos
495 Views
5
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@Fishslayer777 wrote:

Of the 109 troops who have been diagnosed with brain injuries, 76 had returned to duty, officials said Monday. The REAL issue is long term affects of percussion. 

 

Boxers, football player suffer similar injuries and often the results of head trauma, is not observed until later in life. Of course,  repeated poundings and impact upon the brain as observed in both sports, has obvious results. 

 

The well being of our service men and women should be apolitical. 

 

 


Remove that last line of your post, and I agree with you. To do that we have to get rid of Trump in Nov. So nice to see you split from Trump. Why doesn't that last line move with the rest of the post. 

Honored Social Butterfly

Political humor.... get over it and it will remain.


Libs are nuttier than squirrel poop
0 Kudos
443 Views
3
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@Fishslayer777 wrote:

Political humor.... get over it and it will remain.


No it is not political humor to anyone but the far right Trump enablers and Trump. It is right at Trump level. Lets hope AARP cleans up the web site and returns it to where it belongs.

0 Kudos
428 Views
2
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@john258 wrote:

@Fishslayer777 wrote:

Political humor.... get over it and it will remain.


No it is not political humor to anyone but the far right Trump enablers and Trump. It is right at Trump level. Lets hope AARP cleans up the web site and returns it to where it belongs.


 

Off topic... communicate with community@AARP 

 

 


Libs are nuttier than squirrel poop
0 Kudos
375 Views
1
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@Fishslayer777 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@Fishslayer777 wrote:

Political humor.... get over it and it will remain.


No it is not political humor to anyone but the far right Trump enablers and Trump. It is right at Trump level. Lets hope AARP cleans up the web site and returns it to where it belongs.


 

Off topic... communicate with community@AARP 

 

 


Yes you are off topic with that last line in all your posts and sadly one again the experts proved correct.

0 Kudos
354 Views
0
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@JANMB wrote:

More than 40 senators, including Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer of New York, and seven veterans’ and military groups sent letters to Donald Trump this week imploring him to designate four diseases as related to Agent Orange and other defoliants used during the Vietnam War.
The senators said the administration’s delay in announcing a decision on how to designate the four ailments — bladder cancer, hypothyroidism, Parkinson’s-like symptoms and hypertension — “continues to deny 190,000 sick and aging veterans the health care and compensation they have earned and desperately need.”
“More than 50 years after their service and sacrifice, these veterans continue to suffer the detrimental effects of their exposure each day,” lawmakers wrote in a letter to Trump Wednesday. BUZZSHARES.NET


The problem here is the govt. has done nothing on adding new causes of Agent Orange, and is using  higher standards than with other causes. All of the back and forth on other than this is a total waste of time. We see articles on what the VA does, and what VA coverage people have which mean nothing to the problem. The VA should give the ruling period, then we can discuss that.

What you are really seeing is an attempt to say the VA is still in operation with health care, and right now it is. Here is what the future holds for the Vets. The VA will be out of the Health care business in about 40 years, and will start cutting back now in small steps. You are looking at a small step with this issue. FOX outlined the total plan about 2 weeks ago. Trump has given a lot of money away with things like his tax cut the cost of which has gone into the national debt. That debt has to be paid off. The Trump plan is to have this solved by 2045. It will be done in small cuts to all programs that help the middle class on down. SS, Medi Care, Medicaid, VA health, Indian Health, etc. Now the enablers can scream all they want but it is happening. Trump is trying to kill the ACA which could kill most health care in the US due to cost increases. Trump wants to pay for the programs that benefit him and his crew that way. With Trump as Dictator he will have no problem doing that, and you are watching the start. You have to look at the big picture not the small stuff if you want to stop what is happening. The enablers understand none of this. Just listen to them and they prove it every time. You end this by ending Trump in Nov.

Honored Social Butterfly


@john258 wrote:

  Trump is trying to kill the ACA which could kill most health care in the US due to cost increases.

=============================

 

 

So why did Congress - both parties - do away with ACA funding taxes?  No more Cadillac tax, No more Health Insurance tax, and no more medical device tax.

 

Could it be because they were getting pressure from lobbyist or from industries in their districts.

 

 

0 Kudos
629 Views
1
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@GailL1 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

  Trump is trying to kill the ACA which could kill most health care in the US due to cost increases.

=============================

 

 

So why did Congress - both parties - do away with ACA funding taxes?  No more Cadillac tax, No more Health Insurance tax, and no more medical device tax.

 

Could it be because they were getting pressure from lobbyist or from industries in their districts.

 

 


Could it be that a govt. shutdown was even worse. Trump is the first problem that has to be solved for better health care. Until that problem is solved health care will only get worse and cost more. All who have an intrest in people and making better lives for all need to join together for the fight.

Honored Social Butterfly

Diseases Associated with Agent Orange

 

VA assumes that certain diseases can be related to a Veteran’s qualifying military service. These are known as “presumptive diseases.” VA has recognized certain cancers and other health problems as presumptive diseases associated with exposure to Agent Orange or other herbicides during military service. Veterans and their survivors may be eligible for benefits for the diseases listed to the right.

 

  • AL Amyloidosis
    A rare disease caused when an abnormal protein, amyloid, enters tissues or organs.
  • Chronic B-cell Leukemias
    A type of cancer which affects white blood cells.
  • Chloracne (or similar acneform disease)
    A skin condition that occurs soon after exposure to chemicals and looks like common forms of acne seen in teenagers. Under VA’s rating regulations, it must be at least 10 percent disabling within one year of exposure to herbicides.
  • Diabetes Mellitus Type 2
    A disease characterized by high blood sugar levels resulting from the body’s inability to respond properly to the hormone insulin.
  • Hodgkin's Disease
    A malignant lymphoma (cancer) characterized by progressive enlargement of the lymph nodes, liver, and spleen, and by progressive anemia.
  • Ischemic Heart Disease
    A disease characterized by a reduced supply of blood to the heart, that leads to chest pain.
  • Multiple Myeloma
    A cancer of plasma cells, a type of white blood cell in bone marrow.
  • Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma
    A group of cancers that affect the lymph glands and other lymphatic tissue.
  • Parkinson's Disease
    A progressive disorder of the nervous system that affects muscle movement.
  • Peripheral Neuropathy, Early-Onset
    A nervous system condition that causes numbness, tingling, and motor weakness.Under VA’s rating regulations, it must be at least 10 percent disabling within one year of herbicide exposure.
  • Porphyria Cutanea Tarda
    A disorder characterized by liver dysfunction and by thinning and blistering of the skin in sun-exposed areas. Under VA’s rating regulations, it must be at least 10 percent disabling within one year of exposure to herbicides.
  • Prostate Cancer
    Cancer of the prostate; one of the most common cancers among men.
  • Respiratory Cancers (includes lung cancer)
    Cancers of the lung, larynx, trachea, and bronchus.
  • Soft Tissue Sarcomas (other than osteosarcoma, chondrosarcoma, Kaposi's sarcoma, or mesothelioma)
    A group of different types of cancers in body tissues such as muscle, fat, blood and lymph vessels, and connective tissues.

 

https://www.publichealth.va.gov/exposures/publications/agent-orange/agent-orange-summer-2015/agent-o... 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

The above list of disease has already been acknowledge and any veteran that has submitted a claim has been processed and more are being processed everyday.

 

I have been receiving treatment for the past 13 years and the care I have received in the past two years has been better than ever.

 

I suppose the dimms need one more thing to be outraged about.  I am almost tired of all this winning.

 

Enjoy your outrage...

 

 

VIMTSTL
Esteemed Social Butterfly


@jimc91 wrote:

Diseases Associated with Agent Orange

 

VA assumes that certain diseases can be related to a Veteran’s qualifying military service. These are known as “presumptive diseases.” VA has recognized certain cancers and other health problems as presumptive diseases associated with exposure to Agent Orange or other herbicides during military service. Veterans and their survivors may be eligible for benefits for the diseases listed to the right.

 

  • AL Amyloidosis
    A rare disease caused when an abnormal protein, amyloid, enters tissues or organs.
  • Chronic B-cell Leukemias
    A type of cancer which affects white blood cells.
  • Chloracne (or similar acneform disease)
    A skin condition that occurs soon after exposure to chemicals and looks like common forms of acne seen in teenagers. Under VA’s rating regulations, it must be at least 10 percent disabling within one year of exposure to herbicides.
  • Diabetes Mellitus Type 2
    A disease characterized by high blood sugar levels resulting from the body’s inability to respond properly to the hormone insulin.
  • Hodgkin's Disease
    A malignant lymphoma (cancer) characterized by progressive enlargement of the lymph nodes, liver, and spleen, and by progressive anemia.
  • Ischemic Heart Disease
    A disease characterized by a reduced supply of blood to the heart, that leads to chest pain.
  • Multiple Myeloma
    A cancer of plasma cells, a type of white blood cell in bone marrow.
  • Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma
    A group of cancers that affect the lymph glands and other lymphatic tissue.
  • Parkinson's Disease
    A progressive disorder of the nervous system that affects muscle movement.
  • Peripheral Neuropathy, Early-Onset
    A nervous system condition that causes numbness, tingling, and motor weakness.Under VA’s rating regulations, it must be at least 10 percent disabling within one year of herbicide exposure.
  • Porphyria Cutanea Tarda
    A disorder characterized by liver dysfunction and by thinning and blistering of the skin in sun-exposed areas. Under VA’s rating regulations, it must be at least 10 percent disabling within one year of exposure to herbicides.
  • Prostate Cancer
    Cancer of the prostate; one of the most common cancers among men.
  • Respiratory Cancers (includes lung cancer)
    Cancers of the lung, larynx, trachea, and bronchus.
  • Soft Tissue Sarcomas (other than osteosarcoma, chondrosarcoma, Kaposi's sarcoma, or mesothelioma)
    A group of different types of cancers in body tissues such as muscle, fat, blood and lymph vessels, and connective tissues.

 

https://www.publichealth.va.gov/exposures/publications/agent-orange/agent-orange-summer-2015/agent-o... 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

The above list of disease has already been acknowledge and any veteran that has submitted a claim has been processed and more are being processed everyday.

 

I have been receiving treatment for the past 13 years and the care I have received in the past two years has been better than ever.

 

I suppose the dimms need one more thing to be outraged about.  I am almost tired of all this winning.

 

Enjoy your outrage...

 

 


What am I missing?  The OP is about 4 diseases that have not been designated presumptive diseases or recognized by the VA as associated with Agent Orange yet, because there is a delay with the WH admin announcing a decision.

 

Yes, the VA does recognize the diseases listed, but right now, those with bladder cancer, hypothyroidism, Parkinson’s-like symptoms and hypertension are not entitled to receive the same compensation and benefits as you are and have been receiving for an Agent Orange presumptive disease.

 

Unfortunately my husband died before his cancer was added to the Agent Orange list.  These veterans deserve the care now.

Honored Social Butterfly


@jimc91 wrote:

 

 

The above list of disease has already been acknowledge and any veteran that has submitted a claim has been processed and more are being processed everyday.

 

I have been receiving treatment for the past 13 years and the care I have received in the past two years has been better than ever.

 

 

 

 


Have to agree.  A nephew (married to a neice) was exposed to Agent Orange while putting into the Mekong Delta on a Navy supply boat.  I believe that was called the 'Brown water Navy'. He has been under the care of the VA for many years; in fact has a physcian, with a team of  specialists assigned to his care.  This has been for many years. 

 

His care has not suffered over the past years, but has actually improved.  This is not a commercial for Trump.

Honored Social Butterfly

Jim posted..


The above list of disease has already been acknowledge and any veteran that has submitted a claim has been processed and more are being processed everyday.



I have been receiving treatment for the past 13 years and the care I have received in the past two years has been better than ever.



I suppose the dimms need one more thing to be outraged about. I am almost tired of all this winning.



Enjoy your outrage...

=============================================

Thanks for the true information with a link to back it up.

Also thanks for your service.

0 Kudos
453 Views
0
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@jimc91 wrote:

 

I have been receiving treatment for the past 13 years and the care I have received in the past two years has been better than ever.  Great! Now to heck with anyone else, eh?  You got your treatment and screw anyone who has fallen through the cracks and are attempting to receive benefits.  Quite the Christian Values....and typical of a trump supporter.

 

Image result for you can tell by their fruit


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Honored Social Butterfly


@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@jimc91 wrote:

 

I have been receiving treatment for the past 13 years and the care I have received in the past two years has been better than ever.  Great! Now to heck with anyone else, eh?  You got your treatment and screw anyone who has fallen through the cracks and are attempting to receive benefits.  Quite the Christian Values....and typical of a trump supporter.

 

 


Anybody who meets the eligibility of being a Veteran can get healthcare in the VA system.  So care is really not the issue.

 

The issue is under which priority group they get the care.  Some of which open up other VA compensatory benefits depending upon their rating, health condition, disability, etc.. 

 

VA Priority Groups 

 

I wish more Veterans had volunteered for the VA Agent Orange Registry Health Exam for Veterans

long before anything might come up - by using this type of registry, perhaps better data could have been compiled along with exposure data and compared to the general population in likelihood.

 

 

Honored Social Butterfly

The pseudo outrage flies around looking for a convenient place to land. God Bless our Veterans who can NOW seek their earned health care, wherever they want.

Libs are nuttier than squirrel poop
Honored Social Butterfly


@Fishslayer777 wrote:
The pseudo outrage flies around looking for a convenient place to land.

 

There's plenty of places to land with Trump and his Administration; there are piles of dung everywhere thanks to the developer and their family.

 

Image result for flies dung cartoon


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Honored Social Butterfly

WOW we have posters with supernatural powers!!  Amazing!!!

 

And FUNNY...

 

 

 

 

VIMTSTL
Honored Social Butterfly

Thanks Jan MB for the information.  In case anyone is wondering, here a link to this info in Military times:

 

Agent Orange decision delay draws criticism 

 

"Veteran advocates and Democratic lawmakers are ramping up pressure on the Donald Trump administration to decide whether to add new illnesses to the list of diseases presumed linked to herbicide exposure."

 

"The veterans organizations say VA is applying a higher standard for qualification than those that were applied to diseases already on the list."

 

“The misleading statements made by VA in its recent report to Congress cannot overcome the strength of the assembled scientific data and the statutory framework for adding presumptive diseases associated with Agent Orange exposure,” the groups wrote.

 

Do trump and Republicans just not care?


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png