Is your 'stuff' stressing you out? TV personality Matt Paxton has tips for downsizing and decluttering in our free, two-part webinar! Register now.

Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Trump - Worldwide Joke

Message 1 of 47

As I said earlier, the former head of the CIA (Not a Left Wing Liberal) said Trump gave Vladmir Putin one of the biggest intelligence victories in decades.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Trump - Worldwide Joke

Message 2 of 47

Donald asked,  Takei answers:  

Donald asks "At what point does America get demeaned? At what point do they start laughing at us?" Takei:    Literally, the moment you were elected.

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 47

Chasky--OMG! The denial of reality is getting worse.

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 47

@rk9152 wrote:

I can't see where anyone is doing "Putin's bidding" on this.

Weakening NATO (or did you miss that).

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 47

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Alternately it is President Trump treating our allies as adults quite capable of being full partners in NATO.

Exactly how is bullying (laying a hand on another world leader and pulling them out of the way to get to the front for a photo op), misrepresenting statistics (lying), and threatening those in NATO actually "treating allies as adults" ????

You do know that the post had to do with the expectation that other NATO partners pay the agreed to amount - don't you??

YOU said that it was "president trump treating our allies as adults". You took the topic there, not me.

Yes I did. I believe that treating world partners as equals and assuming they will pay their fair share is treating them as adults. Do you not agree??

I simply asked if it was "treating allies as adults" when trump laid his hands on an ally and shoved him to the side to get to the front in a photo op. I don't call that an "adult" action, I see it as childish, crude, crass, and insulting. trump is an embarrassment.

He seems to be doing Putin's bidding, weakening NATO and world efforts on climate change.

Why would Putin not want climate change fixed? I can't see where anyone is doing "Putin's bidding" on this.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 47

Donald supporters here are just plain ignorant.   They can wax and wane and obsfucate all they want, they are using rhetorical bs to prove their ignorance.     They are attempting to sell their bs.  that in order to MAGA, it needs to retreat away from the world stage....which makes one wonder:   how will that make it "great again".     They seem to forget how the US became looked upon as a world leader and that retreating makes the US more like a horder not a leader.  

Information that shows that Donald is stupid, in his own words / statements.      https://www.washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2017/06/02/trump-will-stop-paying-into-the-green-cl...

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 47

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Alternately it is President Trump treating our allies as adults quite capable of being full partners in NATO.

Exactly how is bullying (laying a hand on another world leader and pulling them out of the way to get to the front for a photo op), misrepresenting statistics (lying), and threatening those in NATO actually "treating allies as adults" ????

You do know that the post had to do with the expectation that other NATO partners pay the agreed to amount - don't you??

YOU said that it was "president trump treating our allies as adults". You took the topic there, not me.

I simply asked if it was "treating allies as adults" when trump laid his hands on an ally and shoved him to the side to get to the front in a photo op. I don't call that an "adult" action, I see it as childish, crude, crass, and insulting. trump is an embarrassment.

He seems to be doing Putin's bidding, weakening NATO and world efforts on climate change.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 47

@CriticalThinking wrote:

xrepub said, "Trump is a bad joke. If what he is doing was not so damaging to the country we love, we could all have a good laugh."

What's very scary is the fact that Trump supporters live in an alternate reality and incredibly, they think he's doing a great job. The rest of us know he's incompetent and thoroughly embarrassing the country we all love.

But we can rest at ease because Vladimir Putin loves what Trump just did to the NATO alliance.

The "alternate reality" we live in is the one that wants an American President thinking first of America, not Nordic Prime Ministers.

We also like the idea that after over a half century we have a President that has adopted the motto of the left for decades - "we are not the policeman of the world". He is expecting NATO members to become full, functioning members of the partnership.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 47

@alferdpacker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

I don't mind the glowing orb stuff.  Sure it looks stupid and Obama, Bush, Clinton, or Bush would never have done it but this is the Donald.  What I mind is the incompetence.  One of Trump's aides was amazed there were no protests in Saudi. They must really like Trump. Or, protests are outlawed in Saudi. 

The icing is that our allies are stating out loud they can no longer rely on the United States.  If we get hit again, we are on our own. 

Nope - this topic is both about how trump's garbled "covfefe" tweet has made him an international joke and the subject of all manner of derisive and disrespectful japes from all over the world and how a number of other world leaders have mocked trump by posing with a ham...

None of the world leaders involved in that picture have revealed what - if any - significance the ham had.  

We are all free to engage in our own personal conjectures, and draw our own individual conclusions regarding any possible significance intended by the use of a ham in that picture...

"Here are some European leaders mocking him and his Saudi 'friends".

Those are the words that accompanied the original picture. How do you relate that to "covfefe"??? And how do "his Saudi friends" relate to "covfefe". And now we learn that the "ham" was a soccer ball - how do you relate a soccer ball to "covfefe"?

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Trump - Worldwide Joke

Message 10 of 47

Dozens of top executives urged Trump not to pull the U.S. out of the Paris climate agreement. Now that he's done it, many are voicing their displeasure. "Disappointed with today's decision on the Paris Agreement," Immelt said Thursday on Twitter shortly after Trump's announcement. "Climate change is real," he wrote. "Industry must now lead and not depend on government."

The criticism of Trump came from executives across many industries, and it was a sign of just how damaged the Trump brand has become, said presidential historian Douglas Brinkley. Brinkley said the broad criticism of a president from so many CEOs, who by nature are cautious in their public comments, was very unusual.

"It's an absolutely bizarre and unprecedented moment in American history," said Brinkley.

Elon Musk, the CEO of Tesla and SpaceX, anounced that he's quitting the president's business advisory councils because of the decision. "Am departing presidential councils. Climate change is real. Leaving Paris is not good for America or the world," he said on Twitter.

Musk wasn't the only Trump adviser to walk away after the announcement. Disney CEO Bob Iger also said he will step down "as a matter of principle" from Trump's Strategic and Policy Forum, a group of business leaders who offer the president advice. "Protecting our planet and driving economic growth are critical to our future, and they aren't mutually exclusive," Iger said in a statement. "I deeply disagree with the decision to withdraw from the Paris Agreement."

Trump's announcement even prompted Goldman Sachs CEO Lloyd Blankfein to post his first ever tweet. "Today's decision is a setback for the environment and for the U.S.'s leadership position in the world. #ParisAgreement," Blankfein wrote.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have you taken a memorable trip to a destination others should know about? Post a Trip Report

city skyline captured on tablet

Top Authors