Honored Social Butterfly

Trump Urges NC Residents To Vote Twice To Test Mail-In Voting

Trump encourages North Carolina residents to vote twice to test mail-in system
The president said it would be a way to check whether anti-fraud efforts are "as good as they say."

Sept. 2, 2020, 5:28 PM CDT / Updated Sept. 2, 2020, 5:52 PM CDT
By Lauren Egan and Pete Williams

WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump suggested that people in North Carolina should vote twice in the November election, once by mail and once in person, escalating his attempts to cast confusion and doubt on the validity of the results.

"So let them send it in and let them go vote, and if their system's as good as they say it is, then obviously they won't be able to vote. If it isn't tabulated, they'll be able to vote," Trump said when asked whether he has confidence in the mail-in system in North Carolina, a battleground state.

"If it's as good as they say it is, then obviously they won't be able to vote. If it isn't tabulated, they'll be able to vote. So that's the way it is. And that's what they should do," he said.

It is illegal to vote more than once in an election.

Trump has made countless false statements about the security of voting by mail ahead of the election as much of the country braces for an increase of voters who opt for mail-in ballots during the coronavirus pandemic.

The Trump campaign and the Republican National Committee have sued states that have moved to expand access to mail-in voting in response to the pandemic, including Nevada, New Jersey and Montana.

Despite Trump's claims that mail-in ballots lead to widespread fraud that benefits Democrats, there is no clear evidence that suggests that either party gains an advantage with mail-in voting.

Trump and his wife, Melania Trump, requested absentee ballots to vote in the Florida primary this year.

A Washington Post analysis estimates that at least 83 percent of Americans are eligible to vote by mail this fall.

"I don't like that," Trump responded when a reporter told him that 600,000 voters in North Carolina could vote absentee.

Asked about Trump's comments during an interview later Wednesday on CNN, Attorney General William Barr argued that a 2005 bipartisan report on election reform found that mail-in voting is "fraught with the risk of fraud and coercion."

Asked why there have been no findings, however, of widespread fraud, Barr responded, "We haven't had the kind of widespread use of mail-in ballots that's being proposed."

Barr said he was unaware of the specific laws in North Carolina, and he did not respond directly to questions about Trump's earlier comments.

Trump made similar claims about mail-in ballots during his 2016 campaign, essentially encouraging his supporters to commit voter fraud.

At a rally in Colorado just days before he was elected, Trump told supporters to obtain new ballots because "do you think those [mail-in] ballots are properly counted?"

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-election/trump-encourages-north-carolina-residents-vote-twice-...

Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
Honored Social Butterfly

HE IS CRIMINALLY INSANE

@ChasKy53 wrote:  "Trump told supporters to obtain new ballots because "do you think those [mail-in] ballots are properly counted?"

He's going to do his **bleep** best to make sure they are not "properly counted".  That and many other INSANE statements he's making are all 'heads-up', I'm right again, this election was rigged.  

"It is illegal to vote more than once in an election."

I really, really want to hear from his supporters on this forum.  What the hell DO THEY THINK HE IS DOING?  Setting them up for criminal fraud charges?  Begging them to help him foment MORE ILLEGAL chaos?

I first thought this was a piece from the Onion.  No one is this STUPID!

Except rumptured himself has proven that's not true.  So all you supporters, what's the excuse this time?  AND - will you follow where he is leading you?

The president said it would be a way to check whether anti-fraud efforts are "as good as they say."

Perform an act of fraud just to see if you get caught.

HE IS CRIMINALLY INSANE and the 25th should finally now be enforced!  Pence should be being prepared to take over the powers and not as a practice run.  THIS is the real deal!

Honored Social Butterfly

@oceanedge2 wrote:

HE IS CRIMINALLY INSANE

@ChasKy53 wrote:  "Trump told supporters to obtain new ballots because "do you think those [mail-in] ballots are properly counted?"

He's going to do his **bleep** best to make sure they are not "properly counted".  That and many other INSANE statements he's making are all 'heads-up', I'm right again, this election was rigged.  

"It is illegal to vote more than once in an election."

I really, really want to hear from his supporters on this forum.  What the hell DO THEY THINK HE IS DOING?  Setting them up for criminal fraud charges?  Begging them to help him foment MORE ILLEGAL chaos?

I first thought this was a piece from the Onion.  No one is this STUPID!

Except rumptured himself has proven that's not true.  So all you supporters, what's the excuse this time?  AND - will you follow where he is leading you?

Perform an act of fraud just to see if you get caught.

HE IS CRIMINALLY INSANE and the 25th should finally now be enforced!  Pence should be being prepared to take over the powers and not as a practice run.  THIS is the real deal!

Yep, if this article was about anyone else it would most likely be satire ....... BUT THIS ISN'T, IT"S TRUE !!!!!    Trump has shown his lunacy or he is perpetrating mail-in voting fraud because he knows there is none.

Can anyone explain how these voters are going to get two ballots?  Does Trump know how to get two ballots? Has he voted twice before?  Has his family? So many questions ......

VOTE HIM OUT AND LOCK HIM UP !!!

Honored Social Butterfly

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Can anyone explain how these voters are going to get two ballots? 

It happened (allegedly) in Long County, GA.  Any election results is only as good as the procedures put into place and followed appropriately by the local election workers and officials.  This county dropped the ball it appears.  Our SOS is investigating how this could have happened.

AJC 08/28/2020 - Double-voting and election irregularities alleged in Long County, Ga. 

This all came out when a local man decided to test the system on a whim - he had some suspicions.  He had voted absentee in the election (early voting).  He took his wife to the voting place on election day to vote.  He decided that he was gonna see if they would let him vote again and they did - He immediately went to the Sheriff's office and filed a complaint.

A video of an interview with him can be found in this Investigative Reporting (I-Team) segment at a local news outlet.

FOX5 Atlanta - Election investigations of absentee ballots and double voting in southeast Georgia un... 

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Gail wrote:  Evans voted again and immediately left to tell the sheriff why he voted twice.

It's easy to see how this man obtained two ballots.  His registered ID checked out.  I think the article is misleading though.  I don't think election volunteers checking ID and registration data are also tasked to look up each individual's voting record before giving them a ballot.

When his second ballot was recorded I believe it would have been identified, tossed out and he would have been contacted with - possibly felony charges and fines.  I don't know what state does not allow you to see your record.  Evans assumed election fraud and immediately contacted the sheriff.  He did not allow time - to get caught - and the article does not say if both of his votes were or were not counted.  There is multiple state, federal, and state + federal legislation combating voter fraud.  That is why it RARELY happens.

Social Butterfly

Trump is planting the seeds, once again, to contest an election he knows he will lose.

Gerryrig the Post Office

Create fear and doubt

Take a minute example and conflate it to mass problem in America, before it happens.

Then sue every state for his losses.

Blame America and our voting system because he lost.

The Federalist system does not allow him to control the States in voting.

Esteemed Social Butterfly

You mean this isn't from the Onion?! 😲

I wouldn't have believed he really said vote twice unless I had seen the video. 🤦

Social Butterfly

Well, then people in Florida should vote 4 times, with their shaggy hanging chads and Banana Republic voting centers. They never get it right and always a contested state.

Trump cant dictate how and what method and when people vote by state, and Congress should censure him.

He is tipping an election with doubt before it happens, and that is tampering.

Esteemed Social Butterfly

Even a Fox News host called IMPOOPUS out on this one saying it's illegal and "not smart".

Again, McEnany is saying, "That's not what he meant".  She has to say that a lot these days. 🙄

Social Butterfly

I think is it criminal for a President to influence a specific states election procedures to seed doubt and preemtively cause chaos that would overwhelm that states true vote.

North Carolina is going to be a battleground state, he knows it, and wants to screw it up.

Pre-meditated vote tampering.

He is a dyed in the wool Cheater.

Social Butterfly

Trump is also double diddling with North Carolinas vote as there is Senate seat up for gabs against a Republican whose loss will change the US Senate Chamber.

Also, there is a Governor race.

Honored Social Butterfly

Nothing like breaking the law, since he IS THE Law and Order President!!! LOL!!! What a joke!
Honored Social Butterfly

@Tom5678 

What a joke that trump is...and all of his law and order bull doo. 
Once again, trump says that his supporters should openly break the law!

And barr says he’s not sure if this is against the law!

These are the people running Our Country? And trump supporters love these people...I wonder if they keep in mind that they are really supporting putin!

Social Butterfly

The electors in North Carolina need to sue Trump and send a cease and desist letter to the White House. 

We don't tolerate election rigging in this state or this nation.

This is the stupidest and most unlawful thing he has done to this election.

Honored Social Butterfly

@PhilipT605548 wrote:

The electors in North Carolina need to sue Trump and send a cease and desist letter to the White House. 

We don't tolerate election rigging in this state or this nation.

This is the stupidest and most unlawful thing he has done to this election.

The Washington Republicans are silent and tRump's core supporters cheer. The Washington Republicans and tRump's core supporters have gone nuts.

I think that Congress should censor trump, but they have no gonads.

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

In a new cyber world, and absentee Covid 19 world, Trump needs to keep his campaign distance from the" polls" in individual states, which are now peoples living rooms.

We have electors in each State to certify the vote, and he should not be pre-emtively cherry picking and giving advice to voters in states he knows will be tight.

Prior to this, he said that Florida was ok for absentee voting, because they have experience in it.

He needs to stay out of the Electoral  Process and certification of each state, which establishes their own guidelines. He does not get to approve nor disaprove of any States voting processes, or offer advice therin.

It is what the Electoral process is all about, letting states choose their own winner, irrespective of any Federal leader telling them how to vote.

Honored Social Butterfly

he is a good obsfucator isn't he???
Social Butterfly

They should have had Congress vote twice on the impeachment removal process for Trump, a heckuvalot more leaga.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png