Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Trump Under FBI Investigation - Lock Him Up

Message 1 of 10

What Would Happen to the United States Government if we had a President under a FBI Criminal Investigation?

Here's What Breitbart Had to Say........................

1. The announcement by the FBI that it has reopened the criminal investigation into Hillary’s email server is more than an embarrassment to the Clinton presidential campaign.

It is a ticking time bomb that could do more damage to our country than the Watergate scandal if allowed to explode

The Watergate investigation revealed Nixon’s attempted cover-up of the June 1972 break-in at Democratic National Committee HQ at the Watergate Hotel. It was the cover-up that led to Nixon’s downfall, not the break-in.

The FBI investigation has already revealed Hillary Clinton’s perjury, and a new investigation of additional classified documents shared through her personal email server can lead to criminal indictments—unless the FBI itself wants to fall on its sword in a far more visible and viral cover-up than we have seen to date.

It is not at all clear that the FBI has not already been hopelessly compromised: Did the FBI have knowledge of Barack Obama’s participation in the illegal email server and the president’s lies about it to the public? Who will investigate the investigators?

What happens if Clinton wins the election and is then indicted on criminal charges prior to January 20? What happens if the FBI again fails to recommend criminal charges but the House of Representatives finds her in contempt of Congress and asks the Department of Justice to prosecute her for perjury? What happens if the Congress holds up all presidential appointments and all Democrat legislation until a nonpartisan Special Prosecutor is appointed?

The likelihood of a constitutional crisis grows each day that Clinton continues to lie about her classified emails and continues to avoid criminal penalties for her possible perjury. If Clinton wins the election and is sworn in as President, she can only be removed by impeachment by the House and conviction by the Senate.

If Democrats win majority control of the Senate on November 8, Clinton could defy the Congress and either refuse to appoint a Special Prosecutor or appoint someone who would rubber stamp her criminal behavior.

Source  - http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presidential-race/2016/10/29/tancredo-hillary-clinton-should-step-down...

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 10

What Would Happen to the United States Government if we had a President under a FBI Criminal Investigation?

1. Rep. Louie Gohmert of Texas appeared on Sean Hannity's radio show Monday, where he agreed that a potential Clinton administration is heading towards impeachment and investigations.

"You put your finger on it: we would really have a constitutional crisis," Gohmert said after Hannity said a Clinton presidency would likely be headed towards impeachment. "We've never had anyone under this type of investigation at the top of the election. There's nobody to blame but Hillary."

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 10

1. Days before the presidential election, Marco Rubio asked a crowd in Punta Gorda, "Can this country afford to have a president under investigation by the FBI?"

"No," the audience shouted.

Source - http://miamiherald.typepad.com/nakedpolitics/2017/03/that-time-rubio-asked-can-this-country-afford-t...

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 10

1. New York Rep. Peter King offered a similar response when speaking on Long Island local radio Tuesday morning.

"There's been nothing like this where you can have potential criminal charges," King said on "L.I. in the AM." Asked about impeachment, King responded investigations could drag on into Clinton's term as president.

"You really could have a constitutional crisis here," King said.

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 10

1. Texas Rep. Michael McCaul ‏on Fox News Wednesday explicitly mentioned the possibility of impeachment.

"Assuming she wins, and the investigation goes forward, and it looks like an indictment is pending, at that point in time, under the Constitution, the House of Representatives would engage in an impeachment trial," McCaul said. "They would go to the Senate and impeachment proceedings and removal would take place."

"I would hate to see this country being thrown into a constitutional crisis because of Hillary Clinton's behavior," he added.

Source - http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/02/politics/gop-congressmen-constitutional-crisis/

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 10

1. Trump sees ‘constitutional crisis’ if Clinton elected...............................

Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton could be under a protracted federal investigation that would cause government gridlock and make the United States the laughing stock of other world leaders, including Vladimir Putin of Russia, Republican rival Donald Trump said Monday.

“I’m now convinced that we will be facing the very real possibility of a constitutional crisis with many dimensions and deleterious … consequences should Secretary Clinton win the election,” he said.

Source - http://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/politics/2016/10/31/trump-michigan/93056768/

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 10

When Comey was speaking yesterday, he made it clear that he hadn't said anything about Trump back in July because this was an ongoing investigation.  He said he spoke about Hillary because that investigation was closed.  However, he did come out and say her e-mail case was being reopened, which I found, and still find, well, curious.

Sixty days in--the country is in chaos and thanks to the idiot in charge is more divided than ever.

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 10

Your point about the Republicans rushing to confirm Gorsuch came up in the hearings today.  It was brought up that Trump had said Rupubs had to hurry to seat Gorsuch because he would adhere to Trumps agenda.  Gorsuch said he would rule by the law--but his past is worrisome--very worrisome.

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 10
Chuck Schumer: Senate Shouldn’t Vote On Neil Gorsuch While FBI Investigates Trump “There ought to be a delay,” the Democratic leader said.

WASHINGTON ― Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) wants the Senate to delay a vote on President Donald Trump’s Supreme Court pick as long as Trump’s campaign remains under investigation by the FBI.

Democrats have struggled to come up with a cohesive strategy on how to handle the vote to confirm Neil Gorsuch, whom Trump picked in January to fill Justice Antonin Scalia’s vacant seat on the high court.

On Monday, FBI Director James Comey confirmed in his testimony to Congress that his agency is investigating ties between the Trump campaign and the Russian government.

“There is a cloud now hanging over the head of the president, and while that’s happening, to have a lifetime appointment made by this president seems very unseemly and there ought to be a delay,” Schumer told reporters on Tuesday.  

The only reason Gorsuch has a chance to win confirmation now is because Republicans refused to even hold a hearing for President Barack Obama’s nominee after Scalia died in February more than a year ago.

Obama’s pick, Merrick Garland, went through all the motions of meeting senators, but Republicans refused to consider him because Obama was going to leave office in a little less than a year.

Schumer now seems to be holding out for the possibility that Trump’s problems with the FBI could be so grave that he might have to leave office.

“I’d like to point out that it is the height of irony that Republicans held this Supreme Court seat open for nearly a calendar year while President Obama was in office, but are now rushing to fill the seat for a president whose campaign is under investigation by the FBI,” Schumer said on Senate floor.

“You can bet that if the shoe was on the other foot ― and a Democratic president was under investigation by the FBI ― that Republicans would be howling at the moon about filling a Supreme Court seat in such circumstances,” Schumer added.

“After all, they stopped a president who wasn’t under investigation from filling a seat with nearly a year left in his presidency.”

Source - http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/chuck-schumer-gorsuch-trump_us_58d189b3e4b0be71dcf8da7c?

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views
Replies

Trump Under FBI Investigation - Lock Him Up

Message 10 of 10

I've been waiting to hear the Republicans or even the Democrats Point this out - but so far I guess it doesn;t concern anyone - but - Donald Trump - The President of the USA is Under a Federal Criminal Investigation

No Chants of Lock Him Up Though - How Peculiar?

Here is the Biggest Question I Have - The FBI started Investigating Trump back in July way before the Election - but there was no Special Director of the FBI Comey Statement About it - Right Before the Election - How Come?

One of the Reasons I felt like I had to Hold My Nose and vote for Hillary because I beleived then and I still do today that she was really a Little Crooked

Even before Comeys announcement yesterday - I knew Donald Trump was a Lot Crooked

From Richard Nixon to Bill Clinton, (AND NOW DONALD TRUMP) history suggests that it is never a good thing for a president to have the FBI, with its nearly infinite resources and sweeping investigative powers, on his tail.

FBI Director James Comey’s promise to the House Intelligence Committee on Monday to “follow the facts wherever they lead” in the bureau’s investigation into possible collusion between Donald Trump’s presidential campaign and Russia during last year’s election amounted to an ominous guarantee, barely two months into Trump’s term, that institutional forces beyond any president’s control will force the facts of the case to light, whatever they are.

Source - Every Main Stream Media Across the Entire Globe

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

This AARP gamer plays to get back her art and identity after a health scare. Read Regan C.’s story, available now.

gamer Regan C.

Top Authors