Kudos
Views

Re: Trump Tries Cages Tear Gas Now Killing Immigrants

Message 21 of 78

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

The wall is your friend.

The - BERLIN WALL - The barrier included guard towers placed along large concrete walls,[4] accompanied by a wide area (later known as the "death strip") that contained anti-vehicle trenches, "fakir beds" and other defenses

The - BERLIN WALL - was only 27 Miles Long and was located inside a populated City

The - BERLIN WALL - was built in appox.1960 was taken down in approx. 1990

Even with all the Guards - Machine Guns - Barbed Wire - Concrete Barriers - over a 30 year Period - at least 10,000 people tried to get over under through the - BERLIN WALL

More than 5000 succeeded - Walls Do Not Work

Source - https://www.nytimes.com/1989/11/10/world/camor-east-berlin-wall-monument-cold-war-triumphs-tragedies...

The Berlin Wall didn't work and it was only, like you stated, 27 miles long. Yet, trump supporters suffering from blind hatred believe that a wall across our entire southern border (almost 2000 miles) will be "successful".     ?????????????

The Berlin Wall was 87 miles long - totally encircling West Berlin, was equipt with anti-personnel mines designed to maim and Stazi guards who would then watch the attempted escapee bleed to death, or shoot those who missed the mines. AND STILL IT FAILED TO HALT THE EXODUS FROM THE WORKERS PARADISE!

Only nincompoops and lovers of Trump think a 2000 mile long wall will do ANYTHING except waste billions of dollars and harm poor brown refugees, but those are the only things Der Trumper has managed to do (aside from commit dozens of felonies, hand $1.2 Trillion to Corporate Oligarchs, speed the destruction of our environment and ship 5000 more brave Americans off to be targets for Taliban nutjobs) since he slithered into the White House thanks to Putin rigging the election.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 78

May none of them ever feel the gut wrenching pain OF LOOSING A CHILD, no matter What, Where, How, When, or WHY. 

Live For Today, No One is Guaranteed a TOMORROW !
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 78
Mick posted..

The Berlin Wall Did Not Work - Thousands of People pentetrated both it's physical and human defenses

It also did not work because the Concept was Morally and Ethically Corrupt - just like Trump Walls

This Border Wall is also a wonderful example of Classic American Arrogance - Americans think if they build it - it will work and No One Else in the World is smart enough to circumvent it's purpose

Americans are simply humans and like all humans - where there is a Will they will find a Way
====================================================================

So Mick you seem to say, if I read you correct is whats the use just let them in...everything will be fine...OMG!!!

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 78

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

The Berlin Wall didn't work and it was only, like you stated, 27 miles long. Yet, trump supporters suffering from blind hatred believe that a wall across our entire southern border (almost 2000 miles) will be "successful".     ?????????????

To the contrary the Berlin Wall did work.  But it was to keep people in, not out.  There are claims that 5,000 people fled over the 28 years it was up; think of that along with the millions trapped behind it .  Add that to the chain link fence called the Iron Curtain which extended from Finland to Greece.  Very few made their way across it alive.  Both the Berlin Wall and the Iron Curtain worked the way they were designed with explosives and guards with instructions to kill.

There is no comparison to any border designed to keep people out.

Now here we have a Classic Example of Trump Cult Logic

The Berlin Wall did Work because it was designed to keep people In - Not Out

Ok lets examine this Logic

What are the Components of a - WALL - that are integral to it performing a useful purpose for which it was designed

In our Border Wall

1. It must have/offer some kind of a strong physical barrier - capable of deterring humans from penetrating from one side of the Wall to the other

2. It must be capable of withstanding attacks from Natural Environmental Elements and Nominal Attempts by Humans to interrupt it's integrity by Physical Force

Does this Wall satisfy those requirements - forget the Dimensions for purposes of this illustration?

Brick Wall.png

Ok Hopefully - So Far - We are all in Agreement.......................

Now if I take the Wall and all of it's Security accessories - Barbed Wire - Armed Guards - Cameras - etc

AND

I rotate it approx. 90 degrees - like this

Brick Wall 1.png

Does it change any of the effectiveness of the wall - just because it's pointing in a different direction or more plainly stated - we are now looking at using the other side for the exact same purpose as when it was oriented in the other Direction?

I Don't Think So - but this is the Logic we in the Trump Resistance are confronted with Daily

The Berlin Wall Worked Because it was designed to keep people in not out

Truth is Not Really Truth

The Berlin Wall Did Not Work - Thousands of People pentetrated both it's physical and human defenses

It also did not work because the Concept was Morally and Ethically Corrupt - just like Trump Walls

This Border Wall is also a wonderful example of Classic American Arrogance - Americans think if they build it - it will work and No One Else in the World is smart enough to circumvent it's purpose

Americans are simply humans and like all humans - where there is a Will they will find a Way

Source - Logic

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 78

@ChasKy53 wrote:

The vast majority of experts believe that a wall is a waste of money. Sorry if it offends you but I'll take the word of experts, not you.

I'm not offended.  I just posted here because while I never saw the Berlin Wall, I did get up close to the Iron Curtain and observe from the Western side how it was mostly failsafe to prevent people from escaping.  Of course from your comments I doubt you have any idea of how effective it was in keeping people in.

I have never expressed my opinion about a wall along our southern border, so without doubt you have no idea of whether it offends me or not.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 78

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

To the contrary the Berlin Wall did work.  But it was to keep people in, not out.  There are claims that 5,000 people fled over the 28 years it was up; think of that along with the millions trapped behind it .  Add that to the chain link fence called the Iron Curtain which extended from Finland to Greece.  Very few made their way across it alive.  Both the Berlin Wall and the Iron Curtain worked the way they were designed with explosives and guards with instructions to kill.

The vast majority of experts believe that a wall is a waste of money. Sorry if it offends you but I'll take the word of experts, not you.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 78

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

This US Representative Knows What It's Like To Escape Violence & Poverty in Central America

She Did It!

A 7-year-old migrant girl from Guatemala died while in CBP custody after not receiving medical care for 90 minutes.

The Trump administration blames her father,

SHE went several days without 

food or water.

Shall we blame our government or our President???

Well, the way you all blamed Obama for everything, it seems like you would hold trump responsible.

Same erroneous point - same response - examples????

Just asking ......

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 78

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Yet the "reasonable people" you speak of blamed Obama for everything.  Just sayin' .....

I do recall reasonable people questioning Obama's vision of America and his agenda - but killing kids and gassing people???

Possibly you have examples to offer. Just asking ......

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 78

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 78

@KidBoy2 wrote:
RK poated..

How does that long and colorful rant relate to the wild claim about "now killing immigrants"? The Wapo didn't say that.

And, as always - "Fox"????

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mick posted...

No - I said that & once the Democrats in the House Investigate - most reasonable people will agree - this was Murder & it will be added to all the other High Crimes & Misdemeanors Trump will be convicted of

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

Mick...Reasonable people do not try to blame Trump for everything...like you do...day after day with threads that are not true.

Using your logic (sic) FDR would have been convicted for locking up Japanese that were US Citizens during WW2. Remember that? I do.

Yet the "reasonable people" you speak of blamed Obama for everything.  Just sayin' .....

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

This AARP gamer plays to get back her art and identity after a health scare. Read Regan C.’s story, available now.

gamer Regan C.

Top Authors