Honored Social Butterfly

Trump, The Health Care President

July 28, 2020

Trump vowed to unveil a new health plan by the  end of next week, although he hasn’t provided specifics or an explanation of how he’ll do it. His aides are touting a speech in which Trump will lay out his health care vision. White House counselor to the president Kellyanne Conway has been calling Trump “the health care president.

Honored Social Butterfly

I'm still waiting for the impossible, someone from Trump's Cult to criticize him for failing so miserably in bringing the kind of health care program he promised during his 2016 campaign.

Honored Social Butterfly

they can't and they won't CeeTee, as we know to well. Everything is completely overlooked or they just flat out don't care. That's sad.
Honored Social Butterfly

Trump is to Health Care as a sharp knife is to a ripe tomato.  After he finishes slicing and dicing it, there will be no way to put it back together again.

Honored Social Butterfly

In the Trump Alternate Reality, he can tell his supporters they don't need health insurance and they will believe him. 

Honored Social Butterfly

Tom in poll after poll, the number one issue for voters is health care. Do you think Trump Cult members will reject him because, after 4 years, there is NO Health Insurance plan from Trump World?.

Honored Social Butterfly

Oh no, because in their alternative reality, they probably believe he already has one!!!
Honored Social Butterfly

Of course NH couldn't answer because there is NO Health Care plan from Trump.

Honored Social Butterfly

The only role of the federal government in the Affordable Care Act was to set up the exchanges and the rules. Than PRIVATE HEALTH INSURANCE COMPANIES competed for business on the exchanges.

Conversationalist

@CriticalThinking wrote:

The only role of the federal government in the Affordable Care Act was to set up the exchanges and the rules. Than PRIVATE HEALTH INSURANCE COMPANIES competed for business on the exchanges.

I was forced to use the exchange when a company I was working for moved out of state and I went back to the ranch full time. I did not have an option because if you did NOT have proof of health insurance you were fined by the federal government. Fined for not carrying health insurance - you had no choice. And by that time there were ONLY 2 choices in Arizona in the exchange. When it started there were several, the rest bailed out. I had minimal coverage for what I though was an outrageous price. And then to top it off when I paid taxes for that year we had a decent sell off of cattle and I made more money than anticipated and was then FINED because I underestimated my income. I had a nephew, 20 years old and in good health who told me horror stories about his friends forced to purchase for the same reason. When I was in my 20's and early 30's I did not have health insurance, and did not need it. As was the case of most in that age group. When the legislation was passed but before it was enacted prices increased on a multitude of items - some not even related to medical equipment due to the legislation. 

While Obamacare promised affordable health insurance for every American, and even penalized those who refused to buy it, the law did nothing to control underlying costs.  The very structure of the law which imposed billions of dollars in new, costly regulations also led to higher and higher insurance premiums.  

As a result, when President Trump took office in 2017, average individual market health insurance premiums in states using HealthCare.gov had already doubled when compared to 2013, the year before Obamacare’s main regulations took effect.  Average premiums went up by another 26 percent in 2018. 

These data show how Obamacare created an entirely new class of uninsured individuals, among those with middle to higher incomes who don’t quality for government subsidies and can’t afford coverage because of skyrocketing premiums.

https://www.cms.gov/blog/thank-obamacare-rise-uninsured

I am against the Government telling me that I have to pay for health insurance, and am against the thought of taxpayer funded "medicare for all" including illegals. We are still living in the United States of America in which one of the founding principles was free choice - for better or worse. 

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@AzRancher wrote:

@CriticalThinking wrote:

I was forced to use the exchange when a company I was working for moved out of state and I went back to the ranch full time. I did not have an option because if you did NOT have proof of health insurance you were fined by the federal government. Fined for not carrying health insurance - you had no choice. And by that time there were ONLY 2 choices in Arizona in the exchange. When it started there were several, the rest bailed out. I had minimal coverage for what I though was an outrageous price. And then to top it off when I paid taxes for that year we had a decent sell off of cattle and I made more money than anticipated and was then FINED because I underestimated my income. I had a nephew, 20 years old and in good health who told me horror stories about his friends forced to purchase for the same reason. When I was in my 20's and early 30's I did not have health insurance, and did not need it. As was the case of most in that age group. When the legislation was passed but before it was enacted prices increased on a multitude of items - some not even related to medical equipment due to the legislation. 

While Obamacare promised affordable health insurance for every American, and even penalized those who refused to buy it, the law did nothing to control underlying costs.  The very structure of the law which imposed billions of dollars in new, costly regulations also led to higher and higher insurance premiums.  

As a result, when President Trump took office in 2017, average individual market health insurance premiums in states using HealthCare.gov had already doubled when compared to 2013, the year before Obamacare’s main regulations took effect.  Average premiums went up by another 26 percent in 2018. 

These data show how Obamacare created an entirely new class of uninsured individuals, among those with middle to higher incomes who don’t quality for government subsidies and can’t afford coverage because of skyrocketing premiums.

https://www.cms.gov/blog/thank-obamacare-rise-uninsured

I am against the Government telling me that I have to pay for health insurance, and am against the thought of taxpayer funded "medicare for all" including illegals. We are still living in the United States of America in which one of the founding principles was free choice - for better or worse. 

Everyone in the USA has access to health care and has it for years. Just go to the ER and you will be treated. I call it the ER care part of the total health care system. It is the most expensive and least effective part of the the system.

You do not understand the health care system in the USA. You only had 2 choices in AZ because of AZ, but you really did not need a lot of choices as what is covered is controlled by the ACA, and the State. The State has always controlled what basic coverage you had to have in every health care policy. In Insurance you have to have everyone covered, or there has to be a pre ex in the policy.

The ACA reduced the uninsured and cut the cost of Insurance. One way it did that was require the Carrier to have an 80% loss ratio. Before the the ACA the loss ratio was about 40%.

I would strongly suggest you learn about health Insurance so you always get the best coverage because you are an informed shopper.

Honored Social Butterfly

Trump Cult members always MAKE UP their own version of reality. The Affordable Care Act was NOT the government taking over health care. The facts are there for anyone to see, PRIVATE INSURANCE PLANS provided the coverage. But don't tell a Trump Cult member because he/she will get confused by the Facts and the Truth.

Honored Social Butterfly

The BLM cult thinks they know everything yet they actually know very little.  If those 30 million people were just put on a Medicaid program where NONE of the 300 million were affected, all would have insurance.  How would this work: first put the entire 30 million on Medicaid, none of the already insured are affected, look at all that make more than some minimum income and charge them for the Medicaid insurance, all others would go on the government dime, now all are insured and no one is affected and at minimal cost.  If some (who could afford Medical insurance) wanted to get out of Medicaid, they'd have their chance to prove that they have insurance from one of the private providers.

Just say no to the sock puppet and say no to the BLM cult!

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

The goal of the ALL WHITE REPUBLICAN PARTY is to take away health care from millions of people. Vote for Trump and you will get exactly what you received the last 4 years, NOTHING in terms of health care.

The Affordable Care Act was a great start and Joe Biden wants to make some much needed improvements to the plan. With a few improvements, a good plan could possibly become a great health plan for Americans.

Honored Social Butterfly

The Affordable Care Act was a great start and Joe Biden wants to make some much needed improvements to the plan. With a few improvements, a good plan could possibly become a great health plan for Americans.

The population of the U.S. is approximately 330 million people and 30 million didn't have insurance (less than 10% without insurance).  Biden will continue the work of Obama to decimate the private insurance the 300 million were happy with to make the minority happy (government at its best).

Say no to Joe and say no to government insurance!

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

wrong as usual NH. The private insurance was decimated before Obama even started Obamacare, the rest was left up to the former GOP House and Senate to do that job!! So you have nobody to blame but yourselves. OOOPS!!!!

Oh and I LOVE my "government insurance-Medicare".

Honored Social Butterfly

Where is this great health care plan Not Happening is talking about? 

The only thing Trump has done is attack and damage the Affordable Care Act, trying to take away healthcare from large numbers of Americans

Honored Social Butterfly

First the BLM health care act must be destroyed and then rebuilt - (maybe Joe Biden will build back better)?  I doubt it.

Say no to Joe and "BLM cult"!

0 Kudos
Esteemed Social Butterfly

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

First the BLM health care act must be destroyed and then rebuilt - (maybe Joe Biden will build back better)?  I doubt it.

Say no to Joe and "BLM cult"!

So you're agreeing that IMPOOPUS needs 4 more years to finish the job?  Finish something he promised he would do within his first 100 days in office? 

🤣 Stop, you're killing me!

The wonderful t, out to destroy Medicare and Obamacare, as the all-knowing Medical expert that he isn’t.

200,000 dead from Coronavirus, which he knew was highly contagious yet, he didn’t want to cause a panic (no worse than the flu) or even suggest people wear masks.

Numb🥜 still doesn’t have any idea what to replace Medicare, Obamacare or TriCare with anything. Meanwhile my TriCare and Medicare and ObAmacare DO WORK, and this PO💩 still wants to take it away.

Really people think he is the solution to problems he has caused, not gonna happen.

Think it might be time for his little disciples to give it up, and accept he’s a useless Piece of 💩, in it to build a dictatorship nothing more.

His heroes are Putin who he owes $$$$ to, and Une for running a lovely dictatorship.The Republican Party support fearless leader at anything he does.

Lock up kids no problem, demand their release, we’ll just keep them and ignore any court that says to release them.

Dakota pipeline declared illegal in court, ordered to be shutdown, no problem keep running it. Forget the lives of indigenous people, let it leak , destroy the ground water his nibs doesn’t care or his disciples.

I truly pray that sunny Donnie is replaced really soon by Joe who I at least trust. How’s that for a stupid idea trust in a President regardless of his party.

The Anniversary of 9/11 and ai’m hoping for a President I can trust.

Bin Laden’s daughter/niece in Switzerland thinks t is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

@CriticalThinking 

The trumpcare plan is more dead, with who will send him profits.

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Honored Social Butterfly

No trump healthcare plan

No wall paid by Mexico

No support for SoSec and Medicare

No honest voting by mail

No covid virus

Can we just say that trump is a liar, and the above are just more lies...there is no trump healthcare plan!

Honored Social Butterfly

Trump lied and people died!
Honored Social Butterfly

Tom, remember when Trump promised his gullible supporters the best and most affordable health care plan ever? What happened to it? 

The number one issue for millions of Americans is health care and Trump has been a total failure. Of course, his cult members will never criticize him or hold him accountable for this majestic failure. Throw in over 191,000 Covid-19 deaths and the man has been a major disaster for America.

Honored Social Butterfly

The BLM cult think the best care is provided by the government while the rest of the country thinks NOT.  If true competition set in where you could purchase (even across state lines) the cheapest health care based on your needs (not government needs) then you could pay less and get more.  The BLM cult thinks those that earn more should pay more and those that earn less should pay less for the same government issued policy.

Just say no to the sock puppet and you will pay less for more coverage!

0 Kudos

According to more of Bob Woodard's recorded conversations that are being released, Donnie said:

"Bob, who knew healthcare could be so hard and I know more about it anyone.  I bet you didn't know it could be so hard.  I bet you couldn't come up with a healthcare plan. 

"But I played it UP that I had a healthcare plan because I didn't want the American public to panic that they would not be able to pay for tests or treatment or hospital bills.  But they don't need a test anyway, because if they get a test, then they get the virus.  Then that makes more people panic.  And if they go to the hospital and die, that makes the panic worse.  If they don't have any insurance, then they won't be so quick to go to a doctor and the hospital and then the numbers don't go up because it will be harder to figure out why they died because my supporters... my supporters love me, you know; they say, 'We love Donald tRump'; I have the best supporters... my supporters don't like that contact tracing thing. 

"But somebody told me you can't tell people that you are taking away their health insurance and not replacing it, so I had to play it up.   I still do play it up."

Honored Social Butterfly

@MsStretch wrote:

Bob Woodard's recorded conversations....:

Donnie said:  "Bob, who knew healthcare could be so hard and I know more about it anyone.  I bet you didn't know it could be so hard.  I bet you couldn't come up with a healthcare plan. 

"But I played it UP that I had a healthcare plan because........ it will be harder to figure out why they died because my supporters... my supporters love me, you know; they say, 'We love Donald tRump'; I have the best supporters... my supporters don't like that contact tracing thing. 

"But somebody told me you can't tell people that you are taking away their health insurance and not replacing it, so I had to play it up.   I still do play it up."

tricky.trump PLAYS IT up, down, sideways, over, under, through in and out.  Anything but get the (a) job done.  Republican ACA appeals, an ongoing disgusting joke.  rumply, rather than building on good foundation, (as Medicare's journey does) he kept promising he would tear that foundation down.  So it's my understanding, his health care promise is a major issue in his Hot Spot 2020 rallies?

Honored Social Butterfly

so where's the beef as Clara Peller would say?? LOL!!!!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png