Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Trump Spikes Interest Rates - Dow Dives 830

Message 21 of 34

@wk8335 wrote:

This is why AARP sucks and is driving members away. This is why I opted out of their BS political emails. Speak for all your members or don't speak at all. We get such stupidity from Hollywood and Sports.

There is no group where everyone agrees completely with everything that the group supports. Do you really think that our President and Congress should not speak at all since they don’t speak for all Americans?

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Trump Spikes Interest Rates - Dow Dives 400

Message 22 of 34
John258 posted...

The rest of AARP membership will use the AARP web site as we are dues paying members so it is our organization.

===================================================

Last I have read ANYONE can post on this board being a member of AARP does not matter. We have people post that admitted they were not only not member of AARP but were in their 20's.
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Trump Spikes Interest Rates - Dow Dives 500+

Message 23 of 34

The stock market (Dow) is now down 831 points. 

It can't be solely because the the treasury yield interest rate went up a little today. It was higher on Friday and that didn't spook the market. There must be more to this story, which I think we'll find out in a day or two. (Insiders already know). Maybe some bad economic numbers coming out soon.

I think, I'm guessing, China is no longer buying our debt. In other words, they're not lending us money to pay our bills. Less buyers, higher rates we have to offer for our bonds, which will increase our debt even more.

Whatever it is, the "Wall Street Wing of the White House" (as I heard it called) must have tipped off their friends about something they now know. That's my suspicions. 

What I read in Woodward's "Fear", the Wall Street Wing is often united against some of Trump's economic policies. I can see those guys leaking to their friends.

We'll see what happens tomorrow....

dow explode.jpg

Is it this?

dow correction.jpg

Or is it this?

dow china.jpg

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Trump Spikes Interest Rates - Dow Dives 830

Message 24 of 34

This is why AARP sucks and is driving members away. This is why I opted out of their BS political emails. Speak for all your members or don't speak at all. We get such stupidity from Hollywood and Sports.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 34

U.S. stocks tumbled the most since February as fresh concern about the impact of the trade war with China roiled technology and industrial shares.

Treasuries rose with the yen amid demand for haven assets.

The broad selloff took the S&P 500 to the lowest in three months, the Dow Jones Industrial Average plunged as much as 836 points and the Nasdaq 100 Index tumbled more than 4 percent for its worst day in seven years.

All 30 members of the blue-chip index retreated, with Boeing and Caterpillar dropping at least 3.8 percent.

Computer companies led the S&P 500 to a fifth straight loss, the longest slide since Donald Trump’s election win.

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 34

@r443030b wrote:

I don't know who posted this, but they are wrong about President Trump. First of all the president doesn't have the authority to raise rates. Secondly he is against racing rates. On 10/9/18, CNBC wrote " "I think we don't have to go as fast," the president answered to a question about the Fed raising rates ... ".

AARP "CLAIMS" to be "100 percent nonpartisan", but their choices of topics, words, phrases and conclusions tell a different story. 

AARP is just as LIBERAL and DIRTY as CNN, ABC, etc.

I hate that I gave them money.

You Don't Know Who Posted This -

Well................. Please Allow Me to Introduce Myself (the other Mick)

my Real Name & Picture is on the First Post - it says Mick Studer

Anyway

I took your advice and asked some Really Really Smart People About the Interest Rates

Here is exactly what they said

Like with Everything Trump.................

The Federal Reserve System is supervised by the Board of Governors.

Located in Washington, D.C., the Board is a federal government agency consisting of

seven members appointed by the President of the United States and confirmed by the U.S. Senate.

That would be the Republican President Trump & the GOP Controlled Majority in the Senate controlled by McConnell R- KY

You Folks Crack Me Up - you want all the power - you get all the power

But you still want to Blame the Democrats for everything Bad

But Take Credit for everything Good

Thats not how it works in the United States - you break it - you own it

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 34

@r443030b wrote:

I don't know who posted this, but they are wrong about President Trump. First of all the president doesn't have the authority to raise rates. Secondly he is against racing rates. On 10/9/18, CNBC wrote " "I think we don't have to go as fast," the president answered to a question about the Fed raising rates ... ".

AARP "CLAIMS" to be "100 percent nonpartisan", but their choices of topics, words, phrases and conclusions tell a different story. 

AARP is just as LIBERAL and DIRTY as CNN, ABC, etc.

I hate that I gave them money.

They are talking about long term interest rates which are market driven for the most part. Right now the market is scared as they see the Trump policies start to take effect. They know how bad his policies are. Short Term rates are used to control inflation and need to be higher by every expert on the subject. Now for your comment on AARP. AARP is an organization set up to lobby for Senior Programs at all levels of Govt. There goal is to have the best programs possible for Seniors so that they can live a good life in old age and stay out of poverty. They employ experts in the fields that effect Seniors to do this. So far AARP has done its job. We have SS, Medi Care, Medicaid, plus local programs which have worked. AARP also advises its members what is going on with senior programs, and tells us how to keep what we have and improve them in the election process. This months AARP Bulletin gives a run down on all the Senior programs and who is helping and who is hurting them so we can vote to preserve them. This time on some items they come right out and say if Congress stays in control of the Reb. the program will end. On other programs they tell what has to be done. By what they say 98% of all Reb. members will have to be voted out, and that is what members should do if they want to keep the programs.

If you do not like AARP drop your membership now. Do not use any of their programs, and that would include the web site. Join a group that would end SS, Medi Care, Medicaid and all the other programs at all levels of Govt. I am sure the Reb have such a group as their goal is to end all Senior Programs now, and has been for years. So drop your membership today if you hate AARP  I will know what you did since you will not answer me on the AARP Web site. The rest of AARP  membership will use the AARP web site as we are dues paying members so it is our organization.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 34

They probably won't even see it unless somebody shows it to them. Most smart Republicans don't trust anything that comes from CNN, and REALLY smart Democrats don't.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 34

They probably won't even see it unless somebody shows it to them. Most smart Republicans don't trust anything that comes from CNN, and REALLY smart Democrats don't.

Tags (2)
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Trump Spikes Interest Rates - Dow Dives 500+

Message 30 of 34
The correct headline from your link...

Stocks keep sliding: Dow falls 500 points