Take control of your brain health with Staying Sharp! Try it today.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Trump Spends 14 Mil. Tax Payers $$ 4 Two Hires

Message 1 of 14

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

When the problems developed with the systems roll out in Obama Care we saw the President step in and bring in a Computer expert and put him in charge of the entire system and that expert fixed it and it has worked. In this case Trump has done nothing because Trump does not have the mentally to handle  such a problem. This is what happens when  you elect a President with mental problems.

Fixing software glitches can be a challenging task but it is doable - it's all ones and zeros.

But the bureaucratic government procurement process is composed of generations and generations of processes and procedures. And - no one is ever chastised for anything but not following the procedure.

Oh Yes - More - Ya But's & Whataboutism's & Too Big To Fail Logic

Correct Me - if I'm Wrong - Hasn't Trump Been the President for Almost Two Years?

Hasn't Both the US House & the US Senate Been Under Majority Control of the Republicans

We should also throw in the Supreme Court to be fair

How Come We Are Still Having All these Problems with Procurement - Hiring Experienced Competent People - Providing 5 Star Services to our Veterans - Reducing the National Debt - Balancing the Budget - Fixing Immigration & the Countries Infrastructure - Providing Americans a Better Cheaper Healthcare & Drug System

The Republican Controlled Congress & Trump Can't even Pass a US Government Budget - we are still operating under a Continuing Resolution with the Threat of Shutting Down the Government - Eliminating my only Source of Income - Social Security - Eliminating my Health Insurance - Medicare - Eliminating my already abhorrent Veterans Services

WHY?

Well part of the Reason is Trump said if we Elect Clinton the Federal Government & the Presidency would be consumed with Investigations & Litigations

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha - Do You See The Irony - Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha

That starts with a suggestion that a President for two years should have fixed a screwed up government contracting process of many generations length, ends with childish giggling, and the rest is off topic non-sequiturs.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 14

@rk9152 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

When the problems developed with the systems roll out in Obama Care we saw the President step in and bring in a Computer expert and put him in charge of the entire system and that expert fixed it and it has worked. In this case Trump has done nothing because Trump does not have the mentally to handle  such a problem. This is what happens when  you elect a President with mental problems.

Fixing software glitches can be a challenging task but it is doable - it's all ones and zeros.

But the bureaucratic government procurement process is composed of generations and generations of processes and procedures. And - no one is ever chastised for anything but not following the procedure.

Oh Yes - More - Ya But's & Whataboutism's & Too Big To Fail Logic

Correct Me - if I'm Wrong - Hasn't Trump Been the President for Almost Two Years?

Hasn't Both the US House & the US Senate Been Under Majority Control of the Republicans

We should also throw in the Supreme Court to be fair

How Come We Are Still Having All these Problems with Procurement - Hiring Experienced Competent People - Providing 5 Star Services to our Veterans - Reducing the National Debt - Balancing the Budget - Fixing Immigration & the Countries Infrastructure - Providing Americans a Better Cheaper Healthcare & Drug System

The Republican Controlled Congress & Trump Can't even Pass a US Government Budget - we are still operating under a Continuing Resolution with the Threat of Shutting Down the Government - Eliminating my only Source of Income - Social Security - Eliminating my Health Insurance - Medicare - Eliminating my already abhorrent Veterans Services

WHY?

Well part of the Reason is Trump said if we Elect Clinton the Federal Government & the Presidency would be consumed with Investigations & Litigations

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha - Do You See The Irony - Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 14

@john258 wrote:

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 14

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 14

@GailL1 wrote:

@mickstuder

Here is the actual report from the IG

https://www.oig.dhs.gov/sites/default/files/assets/2018-12/OIG-19-13-Nov18.pdf

Even with all the mess up's, they are giving the CBP until the end of March 2019 to rectify their oversite and get this contract on the right track - maybe, hopefully.

just another government misstep, yes, it is costing us money -like when the firms hired to design the Marketplaces (FFS and some of the state's own) of Obamacare - turned into a ton of law suits against the companies involved.

All contractors are only as good as their continuing oversite in what they are suppose to do, how they do it and the promised results.  Like that in the private sector and government too - you contract for something, they don't deliver in a timely manner and then you sue them to recoup some of what was paid or void the contract.  

Repeat - Rinse.

This company evidently has a lot of government contracts - dating back to 2001.

Wonder if there is any government database that rates these type of contractors?  

Personally, I think we give them too many chances - they should know what they are doing and have a good and detailed plan BEFORE the contract is finalized and work begins.  

Don't know if this will be the case here but many times government just pays for cost overruns or a certain % is built into the contract - So perhaps we spoil these contractors in thinking they can actually get more so what difference does the contract state.

I agree that all these various Depts in government need to do a much better job in planning, oversite and performance and money watching.  I'd say that perhaps we should just hire our own government (whatever) to take care of Personel, IT, etc. But as we can see in other government departments when the Personel is their own even when they do a poor job - government finds it hard to get rid of them.

So Trump owns this one just like Obama owned the marketplace launch misstep  - but why do we even have to keep score, seems the problem needs to be rectified by better people in government keeping tabs of what's going on - regardless of Administration - Oh, well - the way of politics.

Privitization is the problem. Let the govt do its job, because this is what happens all too often when you involve a 3rd party.

So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 14

Mick , pray for the wilfully blind my brother !!

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 14

@GailL1 wrote:

@mickstuder

If you read the actual report, you would see what the IG reported and what the CBP reported and then they came to an agreement to get the things straightened out by March 2019 when the IG would take another look.  If they don't - time to sue.

Sorry I didn't look into the reason why they needed this many Border Patrols - 

Yes, my comparison was to point out that when outside contractors screw up, they have to be sued to get back any funds that were used but didn't deliver.

Yes, whatever the company (would have to look it up) was that worked on the Federal Marketplace in Obamacare was sued and several states with their own marketplace sued their own private contractors because of not meeting the demands of the contract and screwed up the launch.

I think you, others here and many news media outlets feel that all roads in government lead to Trump -  I think government is just as inept as usual regardless of who's administration it might be at the time - 

And to the Point - About the Issues with the Roll-out of a Brand New Federal/State National Healthcare Insurance Program Offering Healthcare for the First time to Millions of Americans being Equivalent to a Corrupt Scheme to Pay a Company 14 Million Dollars over a 1 year time frame resulting in the Hiring of only Two Customs & Border Patrol Agents ?

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 14

@mickstuder

If you read the actual report, you would see what the IG reported and what the CBP reported and then they came to an agreement to get the things straightened out by March 2019 when the IG would take another look.  If they don't - time to sue.

Sorry I didn't look into the reason why they needed this many Border Patrols - 

Yes, my comparison was to point out that when outside contractors screw up, they have to be sued to get back any funds that were used but didn't deliver.

Yes, whatever the company (would have to look it up) was that worked on the Federal Marketplace in Obamacare was sued and several states with their own marketplace sued their own private contractors because of not meeting the demands of the contract and screwed up the launch.

I think you, others here and many news media outlets feel that all roads in government lead to Trump -  I think government is just as inept as usual regardless of who's administration it might be at the time - 

* * * * It's Always Something . . . Roseanne Roseannadanna
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 14

@GailL1 wrote:

@mickstuder

Here is the actual report from the IG

https://www.oig.dhs.gov/sites/default/files/assets/2018-12/OIG-19-13-Nov18.pdf

Even with all the mess up's, they are giving the CBP until the end of March 2019 to rectify their oversite and get this contract on the right track - maybe, hopefully.

just another government misstep, yes, it is costing us money -like when the firms hired to design the Marketplaces (FFS and some of the state's own) of Obamacare - turned into a ton of law suits against the companies involved.

All contractors are only as good as their continuing oversite in what they are suppose to do, how they do it and the promised results.  Like that in the private sector and government too - you contract for something, they don't deliver in a timely manner and then you sue them to recoup some of what was paid or void the contract.  

Repeat - Rinse.

This company evidently has a lot of government contracts - dating back to 2001.

Wonder if there is any government database that rates these type of contractors?  

Personally, I think we give them too many chances - they should know what they are doing and have a good and detailed plan BEFORE the contract is finalized and work begins.  

Don't know if this will be the case here but many times government just pays for cost overruns or a certain % is built into the contract - So perhaps we spoil these contractors in thinking they can actually get more so what difference does the contract state.

I agree that all these various Depts in government need to do a much better job in planning, oversite and performance and money watching.  I'd say that perhaps we should just hire our own government (whatever) to take care of Personel, IT, etc. But as we can see in other government departments when the Personel is their own even when they do a poor job - government finds it hard to get rid of them.

So Trump owns this one just like Obama owned the marketplace launch misstep  - but why do we even have to keep score, seems the problem needs to be rectified by better people in government keeping tabs of what's going on - regardless of Administration - Oh, well - the way of politics.

Whoa - hold you're Horses here Gail

I see no Equivalency of any kind here between Obamacare & 14 Million of Tax Payers Money spent on hiring two Customs & Border Patrol Agents

I don't care what level you want to pick for the Equivalency

Financial - Technical - Moral - Incompetence - Illegality or Corruption

Obamacare was National Healthcare Program being offered to Millions of Americans

A Computerized System trying to Interface with Multiple Agencies within both the Federal & State Governments where Turf Wars were rampant

The only commonality was they were both a waste of Tax Payers money but in the end this CPB issue will be also Investigated by a Democratic House & I'm betting it will be more about Corruption than Incompetence 

However I still I don't think you're making any kind of a fair comparison

Unless your making the Argument that it cost the Tax Payers 14 Million Dollars to Register 2 Americans into a Obamacare Health Insurance Policy

Here is a significant difference - the Complaint with Obamacare was Americans supported it - wanted to use it & could not get the Website or local Federal & State Bureaucracies to meet their needs

In this Case - it's only the needs of a Single American that are not being met - Trump wants more Custom & Border Patrol Agents because he can't get his WALL through a Republican Majority Controlled US Government and a Private Human Resources Firm using Trumps own Government Infrastructure won't even get him what he wants

No One Cares About a Wall - Americans Want Health Insurance

The Overwhelming Majority of illegal Immigrants currently in the USA - came legally through a US Port of Entry and Simply Overstayed Visas - Walls Don;t Stop This Problem - More CPB Agents won't Stop this Problem -

This is a ICE Problem -

Trumps not even wasting the 14 Million in the right place - he simply wants to establish a Trump SS

I can't find a IG Investigation into the Obamacare Roll Out - I can find several Partisan Investigations by Republicans in the Congress

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 14

@GailL1 wrote:

All Presidents make mistakes. and if this one is the least harmful of all of his mistakes. in that case, I forgive him.

Kudos
Views