Eye scans and gene editing are among the new frontiers in Alzheimer’s research! Learn more in AARP’s report on medical breakthroughs.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Trump Signs Infrastructure Executive Order

Message 1 of 14

RE:   As there is no EO to read- then someone is trying to sell the Trust Me story.    Well okey doke: The super duper Infrastructure panel that was to consist of 15 really great people - he disbanded it on the day that he was supposed to talk about his EO, but instead decided to anger many with his support for the KKK, Neo-Nazi and White nationalist / separatists / supremists folks.   

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-08-17/trump-is-said-to-abandon-plan-for-council-on-infr...

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 14

@rker321 wrote:

Having lived in Ca. most of my life, would look up at the mountains, and see all of those houses hanging from the side of the hills, and wonder what kind of stupid person would build a house there. Every year, floods would make those houses come down or fires. and every year, they would build those houses over and over again. 

Any explanation to that?

Same here.  In the Houston area people would build homes on the San Jacinto river, then when the floods came - most every year the people would stick their faces in front of TV cameras and cry their eyes out.  The state and federal government finally started buying them out creating parks which would serve as flood containment areas.

Last year we had minor flooding of about a foot deep which was the first we have experienced in the forty years we've been here.  We're about a mile from the river.  We've noticed one benefit which is that our lime and orange trees had a bumper crop last fall with the fertilization from the flooding.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 14

@Richva wrote:

@gruffstuff wrote:

President Obama's E.O. made it far more difficult to rebuild a business or a residential home in a flood plain.

Yeah well DUH, don't build in a flood plain. How does revoking that save taxpayers money if they have federal flood insurance? 

I can understand farms in a flood plain, because that is where the farm land is.  I can understand why towns were built in flood plains over a hundred years ago, because rivers were the best, maybe the only roads then. Now we have cars and trucks, railroads, the knowledge to avoid property damage, why not use it?

Man made global warming seems to be, once again, at play with our nations rivers.  Towns built in flood plains and experienced a "100 year flood" every 100 years are now finding them to be  a regular occurance. 

Having lived in Ca. most of my life, would look up at the mountains, and see all of those houses hanging from the side of the hills, and wonder what kind of stupid person would build a house there. Every year, floods would make those houses come down or fires. and every year, they would build those houses over and over again. 

Any explanation to that?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 14

@gruffstuff wrote:

President Obama's E.O. made it far more difficult to rebuild a business or a residential home in a flood plain.

Yeah well DUH, don't build in a flood plain. How does revoking that save taxpayers money if they have federal flood insurance? 

I can understand farms in a flood plain, because that is where the farm land is.  I can understand why towns were built in flood plains over a hundred years ago, because rivers were the best, maybe the only roads then. Now we have cars and trucks, railroads, the knowledge to avoid property damage, why not use it?

Man made global warming seems to be, once again, at play with our nations rivers.  Towns built in flood plains and experienced a "100 year flood" every 100 years are now finding them to be  a regular occurance. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 14

@gruffstuff wrote:

Because,  I don't want the big bad governemt to tell me what to do.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 14

Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 14

RE:KidBoy2: Your post reminded of a Sixty Minute story I saw several years ago. I will try to remember it correctly which at my age gets harder every day, hopefully some of you will remember it better than I do. The Mississippi river had flooded again wiping out farms and a near by town. A young first term Republican congressman looked at the situation and said this is crazy to rebuild in the same place so this can happen again. He told the people living there he wasn't being hard harted, just stating the obvious. Of course that didn't go over very well. He told them he had an idea, if he could get the Federal government to agree to move the entire town one mile out of the floodplain and rebuild their homes and businesses, and pay the farmers for their land a fair and honest price which would allow them to start over, would they do it? They said come with an offer from the government. He convienced the government agency, in charge that it would save money in the long run. They agreed, with stipulations. If the the town and local farmers agreed to the move and agreed that they understood that once they moved the old town and farms would be destroyed and this land would become a Federal flood relief plain to never be built on or lived on again. After some time talking it over thay accepted. Now if we could just get people to be that smart today. It took people willing to sit down listen to each other and work out a commen sense solution, people willing to comprise and a congressman with a head on his shoulders and a desire to help the people .I happen to be a Democrat , who can say  a Republican congressman did a fine job he could be proud of. Maby if we stopped being so hard on the other side and gave them credit where credit is due and tried to work together to get things done as in the past we could make things better. John McCain was right and he said it best. Just so no one thinks I am closed minded, I have voted a split ticket in the past, but lets just keep that between us, I wouldn'twant it to get out. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 14

ct posted..

Unbelievable! This has nothing to do with political parties. By the way, I don't have a political party because I always disliked both of them. Having said that, Having said that, your boy Trump i is making it easy for businesses and home owners to constantly rebuild homes and/or businesses which were flooded out because they were located in flood plains. How is that a good thing?

===============================================

"Having said that, your boy Trump "

FYI I do not have a "boy" I have two and they are men.    I think that using "boy" is a rasist term. 

If you would have been reading my posts you would know I am not a fan of Trump. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 14

@CriticalThinking wrote:

"I am sure that even when Trump tries to do a good thing for our country that will save all of us money the few true and blue Trump haters will try to bash it. It shows that some care more about their political party than the good of our country..very sad but true "

Unbelievable! This has nothing to do with political parties. By the way, I don't have a political party because I always disliked both of them. Having said that, your boy Trump is making it easy for businesses and home owners to constantly rebuild homes and/or businesses which were flooded out because they were located in flood plains. How is that a good thing?

President Obama's E.O. would have saved the taxpayers hundred of millions of dollars by making that far more difficult. Trump just made the Obama E. O, extinct, which will cost the taxpayers hundreds of millions of wasted dollars rebuilding structures in flood plains over and over.

And that could be Bammon's plan to destroy FEMA.  remember he is the man that wants to deconstruct government.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Trump Signs Infrastructure Executive Order

Message 10 of 14

"I am sure that even when Trump tries to do a good thing for our country that will save all of us money the few true and blue Trump haters will try to bash it. It shows that some care more about their political party than the good of our country..very sad but true "

Unbelievable! This has nothing to do with political parties. By the way, I don't have a political party because I always disliked both of them. Having said that, your boy Trump is making it easy for businesses and home owners to constantly rebuild homes and/or businesses which were flooded out because they were located in flood plains. How is that a good thing?

President Obama's E.O. would have saved the taxpayers hundred of millions of dollars by making that far more difficult. Trump just made the Obama E. O, extinct, which will cost the taxpayers hundreds of millions of wasted dollars rebuilding structures in flood plains over and over.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Roundtable Discussion:
Ask questions and get advice from fellow entrepreneurs
Now through Nov. 22