Learn how to spot and avoid common scams with AARP's Fraud Resource Center. Try it today!

Reply
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
87
Views

Re: Trump Shutdown - Longest in US History and Bogus

87 Views
Message 1 of 27

@KidBoy2 wrote:
LydiaN586309 posted...
...But due to Trump's urgency to thwart his claimed "emergency," we find ourselves at an impass. And so in his great "show" of strength (NOT), 45 decided to "SHUT DOWN THE GOVERNMENT!!!" Wow! The bully has spoken! The only problem with this plan is, the only people he's hurting are the ones he claims he wants to defend--Americans! It's Americans who are going without pay. It's Americans who are finding needed services cut off. It's Americans who are being inconvenienced due to politics and due to the enormous ego of The Bully in the White House. This is Trump's mess to clean up! Afterall, Trump said he'd be proud to own the government shutdown. So it's on him to fix it! The only problem is, the main part of that "fix" must include Trump's dirty little word........
"COMPROMISE!"
=================================================
When you posted..."We all know that Trump's only "real" reason for wanting to build his WALL is to stop, not so much the flow of drugs, as it is to stop the influx of Hispanic or brown people from coming into the country." Posting that shows again that you do not want to be objective.

FYI It takes people to "COMPROMISE!" . Ms Pelosi and Mr Schmer do not want to "COMPROMISE!" . So it fair to call it the Pelosi and Schmer government shutdown.
*************************************************
In my commentary, I was not "trying" to be "objective."  I was stating my opinion which I believe to be fact!  And as far as compromise taking "people," let me again state, as I have on several forums,  Mr. Trump is NOT interested in compromise!  Period!  He just wants the Democrats to rubberstamp his 5.7 billion dollar WALL and be done with it.  It is 45 who doesn't "want" to come to the table and reason together.  He is forever the big schoolyard bully.  It's just this time, he's blow-hard methods aren't cutting it with these two seasoned politicians who aren't threatened by Trumps rants or his never-ending tweets!  And if the Baby in Chief cared two hoots about the 800,000 plus people "HE" has put out of work and denied a paycheck for the past three weeks, he would open the government and get together with the Democrats and compromise "something" that resembles a win-win for both sides and for the American people as a whole.  


 

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
87
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
89
Views

Re: Trump Shutdown - Longest in US History and Bogus

89 Views
Message 2 of 27

@rk9152 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

 

Funding border security is an important part of the funding legislation. The Dems are stopping it. 

 

The Republicans will not pass legislation without border security. The Dems will not permit funding for border security. Hence, a bipartisan problem.


The Democrats have offered many times to fund border security. Trump does not care about that, he wants his wall. Senate Republicans do not care about the security of this country, they are bowing down to Trump.

 

If Trump and the Republicans cared about the security of this country they would want those who provide that security to get paid for their work and those who support them back at work supporting them.


Watch my lips - "physical barriers".


Moats & Dragons too...................

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
89
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
99
Views

Re: Trump Shutdown - Longest in US History and Bogus

99 Views
Message 3 of 27
LydiaN586309 posted...

We all know that Trump's only "real" reason for wanting to build his WALL is to stop, not so much the flow of drugs, as it is to stop the influx of Hispanic or brown people from coming into the country. The WALL is a barrier to people--many of whom are NOT drug dealers, or gang members, or murders, or rapists. Many (probably the majority) are just people seeking a better life. But due to Trump's urgency to thwart his claimed "emergency," we find ourselves at an impass. And so in his great "show" of strength (NOT), 45 decided to "SHUT DOWN THE GOVERNMENT!!!" Wow! The bully has spoken! The only problem with this plan is, the only people he's hurting are the ones he claims he wants to defend--Americans! It's Americans who are going without pay. It's Americans who are finding needed services cut off. It's Americans who are being inconvenienced due to politics and due to the enormous ego of The Bully in the White House. This is Trump's mess to clean up! Afterall, Trump said he'd be proud to own the government shutdown. So it's on him to fix it! The only problem is, the main part of that "fix" must include Trump's dirty little word........

"COMPROMISE!"

=================================================

When you posted..."We all know that Trump's only "real" reason for wanting to build his WALL is to stop, not so much the flow of drugs, as it is to stop the influx of Hispanic or brown people from coming into the country." Posting that shows again that you do not want to be objective.

FYI It takes people to "COMPROMISE!" . Ms Pelosi and Mr Schmer do not want to "COMPROMISE!" . So it fair to call it the Pelosi and Schmer government shutdown.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
99
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
106
Views

Re: Trump Shutdown - Longest in US History and Bogus

106 Views
Message 4 of 27

We all know that Trump's only "real" reason for wanting to build his WALL is to stop, not so much the flow of drugs, as it is to stop the influx of Hispanic or brown people from coming into the country.  The WALL is a barrier to people--many of whom are NOT drug dealers, or gang members, or murders, or rapists.  Many (probably the majority) are just people seeking a better life.  But due to Trump's  urgency to thwart his claimed "emergency,"  we find ourselves at an impass.  And so in his great "show" of strength (NOT), 45  decided to "SHUT DOWN THE GOVERNMENT!!!"  Wow!  The bully has spoken!  The only problem with this plan is, the only people he's hurting are the ones he claims he wants to defend--Americans!  It's Americans who are going without pay.  It's Americans who are finding needed services cut off.  It's Americans who are being inconvenienced due to politics and due to the enormous ego of The Bully in the White House.  This is Trump's mess to clean up!  Afterall, Trump said he'd be proud to own the government shutdown.  So it's on him to fix it!  The only problem is, the main part of that "fix" must include Trump's dirty little word........

"COMPROMISE!" 

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
106
Views
Info Seeker
0
Kudos
112
Views

Re: Trump Shutdown - Longest in US History and Bogus

112 Views
Message 5 of 27

I will be so glad if and this shut down is over and plus there need too be a solution once and for all.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
112
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
116
Views

Re: Trump Shutdown - Longest in US History and Bogus

116 Views
Message 6 of 27

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

 

Funding border security is an important part of the funding legislation. The Dems are stopping it. 

 

The Republicans will not pass legislation without border security. The Dems will not permit funding for border security. Hence, a bipartisan problem.


The Democrats have offered many times to fund border security. Trump does not care about that, he wants his wall. Senate Republicans do not care about the security of this country, they are bowing down to Trump.

 

If Trump and the Republicans cared about the security of this country they would want those who provide that security to get paid for their work and those who support them back at work supporting them.


Watch my lips - "physical barriers".

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
116
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
120
Views

Re: Trump Shutdown - Longest in US History and Bogus

120 Views
Message 7 of 27

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

This President - Trump & his Republican Party Controlled the Entire US Government - US House - US Senate & the Supreme Court for the last 2 years

 

If Not Having A Trump Memorial Wall is such a National Security Crisis

 

Why didn't Trump & the Republican Controlled Congress Make it a Priority all during 2017 & 2018

 

Trump talked about it everyday during 2015 & 2016

 

Were they Simply Incompetent for 2 Entire Years?

 

Democrats didn't want Kavanaugh - Trump & the GOP got him in

 

Democrats didn;t want a Tax Bill that benefitted only the Richest Americans & the Most Profitable Multi-national Corporations - Trump & the GOP got it passed

 

Why wasn't the Wall - the Catalyst for the Current History Making Government Shutdown & a Threatened Declaration of a National Emergency

 

A Priority for Trump & The Republicans for TWO WHOLE YEARS?

 

Again, Incompetence or simply another Trump Lie

 

 As has been pointed out several times, it was Congressional rules, not incompetence.

 

 


 


What Congressional rule is it that says Republicans must not do anything?


There is none.


Correct - that RULE comes frome the Whitehouse & the Entire Republican Congress Capitulated

 

The Whitehouse - Golden Rule - now that the Democrats control the House will be modified and it will follow the Trump Lifetime Method of Operation

 

Tie them up in the Courts until 2020 so the Truth Never Is Known until after Trump wins a Second Term

 

There is the real possibility - Trump will lose no sleep continuing holding 800,000 American Workers Hostage regardless of all the Collateral Damage to even more American Small Businesses who depend on Governement Workers for their Livelihoods until that time

 

The Guy is a Cruel Incompetent Buffoon who lacks even the most basic Human Characteristics

 

It me & only me & all the time

 

As long as the Lemmings in the Trump Cult are willing to sacrifice themselves and their own familes futures swearing allegiance regardless of the cost - the Chaos will continue & get even worse

 

 The workers are not working because of a bipartisan impasse.

 

 

 

 

 

 


 


Another Blatant Purposeful Mischaracterization

 

The Democratic Controlled House has passed several Bills

 

One to Fund all the Current Agencies shut down

 

The other to fund each shut down agency seperately - a la carte

 

McConnell refuses to allow either or any of the Bills to Vote on in the Senate

 

Those are the facts

 

The Constitution Lies out the Process for Legislation - the President was given Veto Power if he does not accept the Legislation from the Congress

 

McConnell is obstructing Congress - Put the Bills on the Floor and let the people see who Votes for what and then what the Presidents does

 

Thats how The Constitution envisioned the Process - Transparent Government so Voters can make informed choices

 

McConnell is obstructing Congress and obfuscating the REal Issue in a effort to Shield Trump from the Vision of the American People & his Constitutional Duty to the American People 

 

Funding border security is an important part of the funding legislation. The Dems are stopping it. 

 

The Republicans will not pass legislation without border security. The Dems will not permit funding for border security. Hence, a bipartisan problem.


The Democrats have offered many times to fund border security. Trump does not care about that, he wants his wall. Senate Republicans do not care about the security of this country, they are bowing down to Trump.

 

If Trump and the Republicans cared about the security of this country they would want those who provide that security to get paid for their work and those who support them back at work supporting them.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
120
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
133
Views

Re: Trump Shutdown - Longest in US History and Bogus

133 Views
Message 8 of 27

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

 

 

A President holding firm on the needs of America for secure borders is the "kinds" of WIN we should all be cheering for. 

 


 


The Trump Shutdown. A shining example of Republican governance in action. Once again, they  are demanding the Democrats clean up the mess they left. 


There is no Trump Shutdown. There is a Bipartisan Shutdown. A shining example of how far the Dems will go to disrupt an Administration they do not like.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
133
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
137
Views

Re: Trump Shutdown - Longest in US History and Bogus

137 Views
Message 9 of 27

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

This President - Trump & his Republican Party Controlled the Entire US Government - US House - US Senate & the Supreme Court for the last 2 years

 

If Not Having A Trump Memorial Wall is such a National Security Crisis

 

Why didn't Trump & the Republican Controlled Congress Make it a Priority all during 2017 & 2018

 

Trump talked about it everyday during 2015 & 2016

 

Were they Simply Incompetent for 2 Entire Years?

 

Democrats didn't want Kavanaugh - Trump & the GOP got him in

 

Democrats didn;t want a Tax Bill that benefitted only the Richest Americans & the Most Profitable Multi-national Corporations - Trump & the GOP got it passed

 

Why wasn't the Wall - the Catalyst for the Current History Making Government Shutdown & a Threatened Declaration of a National Emergency

 

A Priority for Trump & The Republicans for TWO WHOLE YEARS?

 

Again, Incompetence or simply another Trump Lie

 

 As has been pointed out several times, it was Congressional rules, not incompetence.

 

 


 


What Congressional rule is it that says Republicans must not do anything?


There is none.


Correct - that RULE comes frome the Whitehouse & the Entire Republican Congress Capitulated

 

The Whitehouse - Golden Rule - now that the Democrats control the House will be modified and it will follow the Trump Lifetime Method of Operation

 

Tie them up in the Courts until 2020 so the Truth Never Is Known until after Trump wins a Second Term

 

There is the real possibility - Trump will lose no sleep continuing holding 800,000 American Workers Hostage regardless of all the Collateral Damage to even more American Small Businesses who depend on Governement Workers for their Livelihoods until that time

 

The Guy is a Cruel Incompetent Buffoon who lacks even the most basic Human Characteristics

 

It me & only me & all the time

 

As long as the Lemmings in the Trump Cult are willing to sacrifice themselves and their own familes futures swearing allegiance regardless of the cost - the Chaos will continue & get even worse

 

 The workers are not working because of a bipartisan impasse.

 

 

 

 

 

 


 


Another Blatant Purposeful Mischaracterization

 

The Democratic Controlled House has passed several Bills

 

One to Fund all the Current Agencies shut down

 

The other to fund each shut down agency seperately - a la carte

 

McConnell refuses to allow either or any of the Bills to Vote on in the Senate

 

Those are the facts

 

The Constitution Lies out the Process for Legislation - the President was given Veto Power if he does not accept the Legislation from the Congress

 

McConnell is obstructing Congress - Put the Bills on the Floor and let the people see who Votes for what and then what the Presidents does

 

Thats how The Constitution envisioned the Process - Transparent Government so Voters can make informed choices

 

McConnell is obstructing Congress and obfuscating the REal Issue in a effort to Shield Trump from the Vision of the American People & his Constitutional Duty to the American People 

 

Funding border security is an important part of the funding legislation. The Dems are stopping it. 

 

The Republicans will not pass legislation without border security. The Dems will not permit funding for border security. Hence, a bipartisan problem.


Why do you keep lying about the facts?

 

No Matter How Many Times You Repeat These Falsehoods - they dont become truths

 

Democrats won't fund a Trump Memorial Wall -

There is legislation sitting in both Houses of Congress that funds Repairs to Existing Fencing - funds for Drones Cameras Agents - Helicopters - Lighting - X-Ray & Acoustics

 

The Only Thing - Not Funded is a Trump Memorial Wall & mostly because Trump.has provided No Evidence - No Supporting Documentation to justify the Expense

 

There isn't a Company in the World that would approve a 5.6 Billion Capital Expenditure on the Gut Instincts of the CEO or some SONG Lyrics the CEO wrote for his Children

 

 


There IS no "memorial wall" that IS just the Party line put out by the MSM. But you ARE right, it should be changed to "memorial physical barriers" either wall, the spiked thing or the fence that the Dems used to like.

 

And yes, a physical barrier IS just one element in any case of establishing a secure area - home, building, airport, nation or the oft MENTIONED porta potty.

 

It IS only the physical barrier that HAS BECOME the sticking point - for strictly partisan purposes.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
137
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
153
Views

Re: Trump Shutdown - Longest in US History and Bogus

153 Views
Message 10 of 27

@rk9152 wrote:

 

 

A President holding firm on the needs of America for secure borders is the "kinds" of WIN we should all be cheering for. 

 


 


The Trump Shutdown. A shining example of Republican governance in action. Once again, they  are demanding the Democrats clean up the mess they left. 

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
153
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Are you new to the online community? Say Hi and tell us a bit about yourself, your interests, and how we can help make this community a great experience for you!


close-up group of seniors smiling at camera

Top Authors