Trump Sets Judicial Confirmation Record

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Trump Sets Judicial Confirmation Record

Message 11 of 21

@phyllisc6781 wrote:

trump’s judicial seatings—closed minded hypocrites—AKA conservatives. Another blot on America.

Gee, I miss having a real president!

Well, since we do not want those nasty ol' Conservatives interpreting the Constitution, shall we have only neoMarxists rewriting it?

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 21

@jfpinlvn wrote:

"As of Thursday, Trump set a record for the most ever federal appeals judges confirmed during the first year of a presidency, Axios reports. Trump has successfully appointed 12 so far; President Barack Obama confirmed just three in his first year, and President George W. Bush confirmed six. He beat out presidents Richard Nixon and John F. Kennedy, who each confirmed 11."

<snip>

"For Democrats, filling so many open seats with conservative jurists is worrisome. Senate Judiciary Committee Ranking Member Dianne Feinstein, a Democrat from California, explained the significance in a statement Thursday.

“The Supreme Court hears between 100 and 150 cases each year out of the more than 7,000 it’s asked to review,” she said. “But in 2015 alone, more than 55,000 cases were filed in federal appeals courts. … In a way, circuit courts serve as the de facto Supreme Court to the vast majority of individuals who bring cases. They are the last word.”

“The speed at which these judges are being rammed through the process,” she continued, “is stunning.”

Liberal advocacy group Alliance for Justice warned on Twitter that Trump’s nominees, which it dubs “extreme,” are quickly filling the courts:

But for the Trump Administration, the swelling number of lifetime-appointed judges marks a major — and lasting — victory."

http://time.com/5066679/donald-trump-federal-judges-record/

MAGA

Hopefully they're far more qualified than this trump choice.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 21

I chided a Born Again Evangelical I know for his support of and vote for 'the donald',.  He said, " I know who Trump will name to the Court, so I just held my nose and voted."  That was it.  Nothing more of substance in response. He knew his priorities were 'right'.  Pun intended.

That was the meat.  That's what the RRRR got.  All else is gravy.

This fellow teaches religion [and politics] to youth and adults every Sunday at the Sunday School of his church.  When he travels in his 'fifth wheel', not as much as he used to, he teaches at each associated congregation across the country with similar views, wherever he happens to be as guest lecturer.  He even manages to do that when hung-over from too many gin gimlets the night before.  He loves 'em.  I know that to be fact.  He said so and I made 'em.

My wife  has banned him and his wife from our house and our presence.  She will no lopnger tolerate the continual diatribe and the role they loudly proclaim for women in our society. He is a witty, funny guy when he is not "engaged".   Peddled pills you've all grown fond of... from his own business, so he did.  He is not dumb...at least not that way.  He does say, without a pause, that those who oppose his "mission" are his enemy, that he serves God, not man.  Pretty vehement about what he considers 'just consequences' too.

I suspect you may know a person like that.  He's not a monster, he's a man.  Not a very well man anymore I'd say, but a man, nevertheless.  Since he now views what I am as his enemy, I guess that makes him mine as well.  I'm more than a bit sad about that.  I responded to his last 'epistle' in defense of 'the donald' by saying, "You bought it, you own it.  Just so you understand, God forgives.  I don't!"  Like I said, I'm more than a bit sad about that...but it's the truth.

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 21

@phyllisc6781 wrote:

trump’s judicial seatings—closed minded hypocrites—AKA conservatives. Another blot on America.

I started college at Trump U, finished my degree in Politics and Socities at Glenn Beck U, and got my Juris Doctor at Koch Indiustries Constitutional Institue. My Thesis explained why it constitutional to weigh peoples votes by race, gender, and income. Trump just appointed me .

So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 21

@alferdpacker wrote:

@Epster wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

May they all burn in hell.

Hey @alferdpacker  Let us know when/if they get there.

Smiley Happy

I've long ago applied and been accepted for a position as an imp - after a "training period", of course... 

Have I sold my soul?  

Don't be silly - there never has been any such thing. 

The competition for positions is intense - what with all the republicans - fortunately, they mostly don't realistically plan ahead...

Chuckle, chuckle.  Made my day.  Rationality, like epsom salts, sure will cure what ails you.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 21

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 21

@Epster wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

Smiley Happy

I've long ago applied and been accepted for a position as an imp - after a "training period", of course... 

Have I sold my soul?  

Don't be silly - there never has been any such thing. 

The competition for positions is intense - what with all the republicans - fortunately, they mostly don't realistically plan ahead...

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 21

alferdpacker:  May they all burn in hell.

The 1% is smirking and high fiving, and the rest who cheer about it will find out why in good time.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 21

@alferdpacker wrote:

Smiley Happy

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 21

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Now until February 11, play this classic game online at AARP. Get in the game and play now.

jeopardy for aarp logo

Top Authors