Trump Sets Judicial Confirmation Record

Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Trump Sets Judicial Confirmation Record

Message 1 of 21

@rk9152 wrote:

Well, since we do not want those nasty ol' Conservatives interpreting the Constitution, shall we have only neoMarxists rewriting it?

We should have a secular interpretation of the Constitution. Just like the Founders intended.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 21

Trump is so sad when he tries to brag.  He was claiming on Twitter that he had signed more bills into law than anyone and the fact checkers pointed out:

1. He had signed fewer laws than Obama, Dubya, or Clinton in the same period. 
  2. He had only ONE major bill signed into law. The rest were normal keep-the-lights-on bills and name-the-building-after-some-doofus bills. 

Of course, the RWNJs will assume his word is golden (like the showers he so much enjoys or was his toilet golden?) and will believe it. 

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: When Is a Half-Truth worse than a LIE: Trump Sets Judicial Confirmation Record

Message 3 of 21

@rk9152 wrote:

@bkohatl wrote:

Chuck GRASSLEY blocks Obama's Nominess out of  racism. this is something to be proud of and brag about. jesus 3.jpg

A totally off-topic, offensive and inaccurate "cartoon". Christ instructed us, as individuals to help and respect the poor. He did not instruct the government to do wealth redistribution to relieve us of that responsibility.

I would not accept the word of a Cult Member who has very little credibililty, to tell others what Jesus meant....in any shape or form.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: When Is a Half-Truth worse than a LIE: Trump Sets Judicial Confirmation Record

Message 4 of 21

@bkohatl wrote:

Chuck GRASSLEY blocks Obama's Nominess out of  racism. this is something to be proud of and brag about. jesus 3.jpg

A totally off-topic, offensive and inaccurate "cartoon". Christ instructed us, as individuals to help and respect the poor. He did not instruct the government to do wealth redistribution to relieve us of that responsibility.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 21

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

“The Supreme Court hears between 100 and 150 cases each year out of the more than 7,000 it’s asked to review,” she said. “But in 2015 alone, more than 55,000 cases were filed in federal appeals courts. … In a way, circuit courts serve as the de facto Supreme Court to the vast majority of individuals who bring cases. They are the last word.”

But for the Trump Administration, the swelling number of lifetime-appointed judges marks a major — and lasting — victory."

http://time.com/5066679/donald-trump-federal-judges-record/

MAGA

Hopefully they're far more qualified than this trump choice.

A forlorn hope - this ninny is just one that got caught with his stupid showing. Hundreds of others will now skate thru because Republicans realize they can't actually question THEIR nominees and since they control the approval process, no meaningful questions will be asked.

Did you Hillary Haters simply FORGET POTUS gets to make all those nominations, or was your hatred so blinding you just didn't care? Either way, hope you will have come up with an explanation for your grandkids when they ask why only poor people go to jail in America.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 21

@ChasKy53—Good point, Chas!

This is one of the many reasons why the Republicans came to be known as the obstructionist party under Mr. Obama. They obstructed everything they could on the orders of one slimy Mitch McConnell, who on the night of the first inaugural ball, drew Repubs. aside told them that they must block this president at all costs and to make sure that he never was reelected.( Can you say racism??)

Would anyone like to tell me where putting America first was when McConnell spoke those words and the Republicans followed through with their obstructionism.

Gee, I miss having a real president!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 21

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Funny, but no one has mentioned a truth in all of this.  The Republicans held up so many judicial appointments during Obama's last year that it made this happen.

So actually, the Republicans set this record, not trump. 

Or one might argue that by refusing to support their party's candidate, the Hillary Haters caused SCOTUS to remain in Fascist control and is now extending that to the lower courts.

Gee- sure hope there really is no difference between Der Trumper and Hillary - the consequences of having an infantile egomaniac set the tone of our entire Judiciary for the next 50 years (Federal Judges are for LIFE) is a tad depressing, unless it would've happened anyway.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 21

Funny, but no one has mentioned a truth in all of this.  The Republicans held up so many judicial appointments during Obama's last year that it made this happen.

So actually, the Republicans set this record, not trump. 

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

When Is a Half-Truth worse than a LIE: Trump Sets Judicial Confirmation Record

Message 9 of 21

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 21

@umbarch64 wrote:

I chided a Born Again Evangelical I know for his support of and vote for 'the donald',.  He said, " I know who Trump will name to the Court, so I just held my nose and voted."  That was it.  Nothing more of substance in response. He knew his priorities were 'right'.  Pun intended.

That was the meat.  That's what the RRRR got.  All else is gravy.

This fellow teaches religion [and politics] to youth and adults every Sunday at the Sunday School of his church.  When he travels in his 'fifth wheel', not as much as he used to, he teaches at each associated congregation across the country with similar views, wherever he happens to be as guest lecturer.  He even manages to do that when hung-over from too many gin gimlets the night before.  He loves 'em.  I know that to be fact.  He said so and I made 'em.

My wife  has banned him and his wife from our house and our presence.  She will no lopnger tolerate the continual diatribe and the role they loudly proclaim for women in our society. He is a witty, funny guy when he is not "engaged".   Peddled pills you've all grown fond of... from his own business, so he did.  He is not dumb...at least not that way.  He does say, without a pause, that those who oppose his "mission" are his enemy, that he serves God, not man.  Pretty vehement about what he considers 'just consequences' too.

I suspect you may know a person like that.  He's not a monster, he's a man.  Not a very well man anymore I'd say, but a man, nevertheless.  Since he now views what I am as his enemy, I guess that makes him mine as well.  I'm more than a bit sad about that.  I responded to his last 'epistle' in defense of 'the donald' by saying, "You bought it, you own it.  Just so you understand, God forgives.  I don't!"  Like I said, I'm more than a bit sad about that...but it's the truth.

Due to the way the neoMarsist judges have been rewriting the Constitution rather than interpreting it, anyone interested in supporting the Constitution would hope to have Conservative Justices.

But, that was not his entire agenda. There was tax cuts, protect our borders, restore our political place in the world, and free up the free market all of which are important items.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Jeopardy!® for AARP Tournament! Play now until Jan. 17 for a chance to win up to $500 from AARP. See Rules.

jeopardy for aarp logo

Top Authors