From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Trump Seems 2 Say Police State Would Have Helped

Message 1 of 34

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

Trumps sending 800 Armed US Military to the Border to possibly shoot Hondurans who try to seek Asylum

Where did you find that "shoot Hondurans" jazz. Except for self-defense they are not authorized to shoot.

800 active-duty troops to be sent to Mexican border

Source - https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-air-force/2018/10/25/800-more-troops-to-be-sent-to-mexican-b...

Sounds like a Police State to Me

Protecting our border is a "Police State"?? Where did you find that definition?

Who's Going to Pay for all this? - Social Security & Medicare Recipients that's who

Can you substantiate that is where the funding will come from? If not, it's just another one of "those" facts

If you could direct me to even a single post where you've sourced any of your commentary on any subject - I'd find that very interesting & informative

I think it's fair to draw a comparison between Trump & the GOP guaranteeing that the 1 Trillion dollar Tax Break for the Already Rich & Famous would pay for itself & then in the same breath & in the same Congressional Session tell the American People that the Budget Deficit and the National Debt have ballooned out of control and the Culprits are entitlements which must be cut

I think it's fair to draw a correlation between those blatant lies from Trump & McConnell & Ryan & once again Trump just throwing out some pie in the Sky unfunded proclamation about Armed Guards eveywhere the Public Might Gather

What has any of that to do with a "police state" and/or troops shooting Hondurans? Or SS paying for the troops on the border?

Pittsburgh mayor to Trump: Armed guards are not the answer

"We should try to stop irrational behavior from happening at the forefront," Bill Peduto tells "Meet the Press" in the wake of Saturday's deadly shooting.

WASHINGTON — Pittsburgh Mayor Bill Peduto said Sunday that he disagrees with President Donald Trump's call for more armed guards at places of worship in order to prevent shootings like the one that claimed the lives of 11 congregants at a synagogue in the city on Saturday.

Instead, Peduto told NBC's "Meet the Press," he believes that gun-control measures would go further to help stop these shootings.

"I belong to an organization, a bipartisan organization, called Mayors Against Illegal Guns," Peduto said. "I don't think that the answer to this problem is solved by having our synagogues, mosques and churches filled with armed guards or schools filled with armed guards."

He added: "We should try to stop irrational behavior from happening at the forefront. And not try to create laws around irrational behavior to continue."

Mayors Against Illegal Guns is a part of Everytown for Our Safety, a group started by former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg. It calls for gun-control policies including mandating background checks for all gun sales and stiffening penalties for gun sellers who intentionally break the law.

Source - https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/pittsburgh-mayor-trump-armed-guards-are-not-answer-n92...

What has that to do with, " What has any of that to do with a "police state" and/or troops shooting Hondurans? Or SS paying for the troops on the border?" - the post you are responding to.

Trump said - Armed Guards - would have prevented the Mass Shooting at the Synagogue

Do you disagree?

There were 4 Dozen Armed - Highly Trained - Police Swat Members along with Highly Trained Patrol Officers Inside The Building Engaging The Shooter

Yes - after the fact.

4 of them ended up shot and in the Hospital some with critical life threatening injuries

How does that relate to "police state" or shooting Hondurans or SS paying for troops on the border (the post you are responding to).

Trump doesn't understand any of that - he just blabs out some incoherent baloney unsupported by any facts

What does he not understand?

This is the same man who is the Commander & Chief of the most powerful military force on the planet

How is that connected to the shooting under discussion?

Anyone who cannot exhibit the patience or interest to become totally informed about the facts before suggesting solutions is not fit to be President

What facts does he not understand?

He is not capable of ordering any kind of coherent fact-based response to a serious issue on our Southern Border never mind half way around the world

How is that related to the shooting under discussion? Your blind hatred seems to be taking you far afield - as usual.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 34

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

Trumps sending 800 Armed US Military to the Border to possibly shoot Hondurans who try to seek Asylum

Where did you find that "shoot Hondurans" jazz. Except for self-defense they are not authorized to shoot.

Source - https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-air-force/2018/10/25/800-more-troops-to-be-sent-to-mexican-b...

Who's Going to Pay for all this? - Social Security & Medicare Recipients that's who

Can you substantiate that is where the funding will come from? If not, it's just another one of "those" facts

If you could direct me to even a single post where you've sourced any of your commentary on any subject - I'd find that very interesting & informative

I think it's fair to draw a comparison between Trump & the GOP guaranteeing that the 1 Trillion dollar Tax Break for the Already Rich & Famous would pay for itself & then in the same breath & in the same Congressional Session tell the American People that the Budget Deficit and the National Debt have ballooned out of control and the Culprits are entitlements which must be cut

I think it's fair to draw a correlation between those blatant lies from Trump & McConnell & Ryan & once again Trump just throwing out some pie in the Sky unfunded proclamation about Armed Guards eveywhere the Public Might Gather

What has any of that to do with a "police state" and/or troops shooting Hondurans? Or SS paying for the troops on the border?

"We should try to stop irrational behavior from happening at the forefront," Bill Peduto tells "Meet the Press" in the wake of Saturday's deadly shooting.

WASHINGTON — Pittsburgh Mayor Bill Peduto said Sunday that he disagrees with President Donald Trump's call for more armed guards at places of worship in order to prevent shootings like the one that claimed the lives of 11 congregants at a synagogue in the city on Saturday.

Instead, Peduto told NBC's "Meet the Press," he believes that gun-control measures would go further to help stop these shootings.

"I belong to an organization, a bipartisan organization, called Mayors Against Illegal Guns," Peduto said. "I don't think that the answer to this problem is solved by having our synagogues, mosques and churches filled with armed guards or schools filled with armed guards."

He added: "We should try to stop irrational behavior from happening at the forefront. And not try to create laws around irrational behavior to continue."

Mayors Against Illegal Guns is a part of Everytown for Our Safety, a group started by former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg. It calls for gun-control policies including mandating background checks for all gun sales and stiffening penalties for gun sellers who intentionally break the law.

Source - https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/pittsburgh-mayor-trump-armed-guards-are-not-answer-n92...

What has that to do with, " What has any of that to do with a "police state" and/or troops shooting Hondurans? Or SS paying for the troops on the border?" - the post you are responding to.

Trump said - Armed Guards - would have prevented the Mass Shooting at the Synagogue

There were 4 Dozen Armed - Highly Trained - Police Swat Members along with Highly Trained Patrol Officers Inside The Building Engaging The Shooter

4 of them ended up shot and in the Hospital some with critical life threatening injuries

Trump doesn't understand any of that - he just blabs out some incoherent baloney unsupported by any facts

This is the same man who is the Commander & Chief of the most powerful military force on the planet

Anyone who cannot exhibit the patience or interest to become totally informed about the facts before suggesting solutions is not fit to be President

He is not capable of ordering any kind of coherent fact-based response to a serious issue on our Southern Border never mind half way around the world

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 34

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 34

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

Trump laments 'hate in our country' after

synagogue murders, says armed guards

would have helped

Could that not be a true statement?

So the solution to violence is always more violence?

So protecting people is not a bad thing.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 34

@mickstuder wrote:

An American President Bends to the Demands of Terror

After the attack in Pittsburgh, Trump again expressed his inclination to meet violence with the machinery of a police state.

President Donald Trump responded. “Something has to be done,” he told reporters as he boarded Air Force One on his way to Indiana. The president denied that America’s gun laws had anything to do with this act of gun violence. He suggested that the victims would have averted disaster by arming themselves. “If they had protection inside, the results would have been far better,” Trump said. With that, he expressed a position common in his responses to violence over the past two years: that the only way to combat terror is to yield to it.

Trump continues to argue that his casual bigotry and xenophobia, his exhortations of extralegal measures against political opponents, and his delegitimization of the media are inconsequential to the violence.

Instead, Trumpism demands that violence be solved by local militarization: increased security at schools, the arming of teachers, and now, the adoption of guns in places intended quite literally to be sanctuaries from the scourges of the world.

Taken altogether, what Trumpism seems to intend is the creation—or perhaps the expansion—of the machinery of a police state.

Source - https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2018/10/trump-synagogue-police-state/574189/

What is the police state - trying to prevent killings or not trying to prevent killings or "I don't know - whatever Trump does".

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 34

@john258 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

Those on the right who don't think there's any danger from sending 800 Troops to the border should explain how Kent State happened if there's "no danger" using armed troops to deal with protests.

More important, what is so terrifying about a bunch of starving women and children when we accept over 1,000,000 immigrants EACH YEAR with no apparent ill effect?

Besides the normal grousing, what is your point - should we only have non-military armed personnel guarding our borders??

We only have non-military armed personnel guarding our borders. The National Guard which has been there for some time works as support. Paper work, repair of equipment, etc. The 800 regular army will join them in doing that.

As it should be. I'm just wondering what scout is grousing about now.

you

Could be. He/she/it does tend to get personal.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 34

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 34

@gordyfl wrote:

Synagogue Rabbi Blasted Lack of Gun Control Months Before Deadly Shooting

He saw it coming.

Writing for the synagogue’s blog last July, he said, ‘’unless there is a dramatic turnaround in the mid-term elections, I fear that the status quo will remain unchanged, and school shootings will resume."

https://nypost.com/2018/10/27/synagogue-rabbi-blasted-lack-of-gun-control-months-before-deadly-shoot...

Almost makes me feel that if I or anyone vocally and publicly stands up advocating gun control that we could get murdered by a gun advocate.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 34

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

Trump laments 'hate in our country' after

synagogue murders, says armed guards

would have helped

Could that not be a true statement?

So the solution to violence is always more violence?

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 34

An American President Bends to the Demands of Terror

After the attack in Pittsburgh, Trump again expressed his inclination to meet violence with the machinery of a police state.

President Donald Trump responded. “Something has to be done,” he told reporters as he boarded Air Force One on his way to Indiana. The president denied that America’s gun laws had anything to do with this act of gun violence. He suggested that the victims would have averted disaster by arming themselves. “If they had protection inside, the results would have been far better,” Trump said. With that, he expressed a position common in his responses to violence over the past two years: that the only way to combat terror is to yield to it.

Trump continues to argue that his casual bigotry and xenophobia, his exhortations of extralegal measures against political opponents, and his delegitimization of the media are inconsequential to the violence.

Instead, Trumpism demands that violence be solved by local militarization: increased security at schools, the arming of teachers, and now, the adoption of guns in places intended quite literally to be sanctuaries from the scourges of the world.

Taken altogether, what Trumpism seems to intend is the creation—or perhaps the expansion—of the machinery of a police state.

Source - https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2018/10/trump-synagogue-police-state/574189/

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors