The AARP Fraud Resource Center can help you spot and avoid common scams. Visit today!

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Trump Says California Needs To Rake Their Forests

Message 11 of 24

@Panjandrum wrote:

Rakes will now come with stickers saying "Only You Can Prevent Forest Fires".

vkdq4robrqus35qphfgh.jpg

DsYI1YoVsAIE85Z.jpg

DsXCE_-VsAAjmOT.jpg

Finns Mock President Trump by Posting 'Forest Raking' Photos Online

Scroll down after the article for pictures - and a video - mocking trump...

A poster in Canada says they have a "Forest Roomba" - wonder if they will sell any of them to Americans....

He (tRump) is useless on top of the ground - he should be under it - inspiring the cabbages...
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 24

Rakes will now come with stickers saying "Only You Can Prevent Forest Fires".

Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 24

@retiredtraveler wrote:

@Panjandrum wrote:

"....If Finland can do it, so can America. Send in the Boy Scouts and have them rake the forests clean. Or maybe give the troops on the border a useful task....".

Heck no. Bring in the migrants and let them do it. Asylum, a job, problem solved........

No, no, no!  I have the perfect worker for this vital task.  Let Trump's "poorly educated" supporters whom he loves do it.  I'm sure they'd be more than happy to follow their fearless leader into the forests of deepest, darkest California with rakes in hand.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 24

@LydiaN586309 wrote:

Well, as usual, Donald Trump has lied again!

According to an article in Politico, the President did Not talk to Trump about "raking" anything.

Here's an exerpt from the article entitled:  

Finnish president denies ever discussing ‘raking’ with Trump

The leader of Finland denied on Sunday that he’d ever told President Donald Trump that the small Nordic nation relies upon “raking” its forests to prevent wildfires — even though Trump promoted the dubious conservation method during a visit to flame-ravaged California over the weekend.

“You look at other countries where they do it differently, and it’s a whole different story,” Trump said Saturday, standing alongside Gov. Jerry Brown and Gov.-elect Gavin Newsom of California among the charred ruins of the Skyway Villa Mobile Home and RV Park in the town of Paradise.

“I was with the president of Finland, and he said, ‘We have a much different — we’re a forest nation.’ He called it a forest nation,” Trump continued. “And they spent a lot of time on raking and cleaning and doing things, and they don’t have any problem. And when it is, it’s a very small problem. So I know everybody’s looking at that to that end. And it’s going to work out, it’s going to work out well.”

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/11/18/trump-raking-wildfires-california-finland-1002526

I think Trump just canNOT tell the truth. Consistent lying would be the oddity for most people.  But in Trump's case, truth-telling is the abnormality.

I Just Read This Online

Trump is just so Obtuse - Does He think a Leader of a Country is going to just sit there and let the American President say something the Leader of Finland knows his Citizens know is completely False

I'm sure every Finlander unlike Trump Cult Members in the USA knows and reacts Negatively if they think their Leader is lying

Obviously Every Finlander knows if they have a National Program of Raking Forests

Trump is just a Pathetic Buffoon - this isn't even Humorous Anymore - it's Pathetic and as a American Patriot it's upsetting and embarrassing

Once Again - Trump Lies About All Things Big & Small and in this case for No Good Reason

Just for the sake of Lying to try & make himself look Knowledgeable & someone else look bad

It's Just Insane That Republicans Allow this to go on

If you can't Trust the American President to telll the truth about National Disasters were possibly hundreds of Americans are going to Die

He cannot be trusted on anything

How many Californians are going to wake up and read tomorrow how Trump was trying to use the death of their Loved Ones to Score Poltical Points on Fabricated Information................

Unfit to Govern

( " If I do not believe as you believe, it proves that you do not believe as I believe, and this is all that it proves. Sam Adams )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 24

Trump just keeps those fact checkers working. Good to know that they'll always have job security while he's in office.

Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 24

Well, as usual, Donald Trump has lied again!

According to an article in Politico, the President did Not talk to Trump about "raking" anything.

Here's an exerpt from the article entitled:  

Finnish president denies ever discussing ‘raking’ with Trump

The leader of Finland denied on Sunday that he’d ever told President Donald Trump that the small Nordic nation relies upon “raking” its forests to prevent wildfires — even though Trump promoted the dubious conservation method during a visit to flame-ravaged California over the weekend.

“You look at other countries where they do it differently, and it’s a whole different story,” Trump said Saturday, standing alongside Gov. Jerry Brown and Gov.-elect Gavin Newsom of California among the charred ruins of the Skyway Villa Mobile Home and RV Park in the town of Paradise.

“I was with the president of Finland, and he said, ‘We have a much different — we’re a forest nation.’ He called it a forest nation,” Trump continued. “And they spent a lot of time on raking and cleaning and doing things, and they don’t have any problem. And when it is, it’s a very small problem. So I know everybody’s looking at that to that end. And it’s going to work out, it’s going to work out well.”

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/11/18/trump-raking-wildfires-california-finland-1002526

I think Trump just canNOT tell the truth. Consistent lying would be the oddity for most people.  But in Trump's case, truth-telling is the abnormality.

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 24

Make California Like Finland Again, because Trump knows Climate like he rakes forest floors

On the emergency response to the Camp Fire: Trump Says

“Law enforcement’s been beyond anything that anybody could have believed.

To see what’s happened here, nobody ever thought this could have happened. So the federal government is behind you, we’re all behind each other.”

“(Governor) Jerry (Brown) and I have been speaking, and (Governor-elect) Gavin (Newsom) and I have now gotten to know each other. We’re all going to work together and we’ll do a real job.”

“We have the greatest people in the world looking and helping. Law enforcement, always. They never let us down. They never let us down.”

Addressing McCarthy: “Kevin, anything we can do, you know we’re here. You just bring it over to the office, okay?”

OK - WE NEED A LOT BIGGER RAKES & ABOUT 8000 HONDURANS TO DO THE RAKING & FIRE FIGHTER FIGHT FIRES - MR DOOFUS - NOT LAW ENFORCEMENT!

Source - https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2018/11/17/1813655/-If-only-California-were-Finland-because-Trump-k...

( " If I do not believe as you believe, it proves that you do not believe as I believe, and this is all that it proves. Sam Adams )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 24

@Panjandrum wrote:

"....If Finland can do it, so can America. Send in the Boy Scouts and have them rake the forests clean. Or maybe give the troops on the border a useful task....".

Heck no. Bring in the migrants and let them do it. Asylum, a job, problem solved........

"...Why is everyone a victim? Take personal responsibility for your life..."
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 24

Apparently Donald has never had to rake anything but possibly his mane or possbily a putting green.  One of the many problems with fighting fires is the terrain, especially mountainous areas.    The firefighters could not get into parts of either recent fires in CA because of the terrain.   

Next, he will probably authorize Agent Orange to be sprayed to keep down the brush,  sigh.   

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 24

Just like TRUMP THE CHUMP always does....

COMES UP WITH THE REMEDY FOR THE PROBLEM BUT GIVES NO DETAILS!!!!!!

Are they to use bow rakes, thatch rakes, hay rakes, ash rakes, or leaf rakes?

Are the heads of the rake to be made of bamboo, plastic, or steel?

Should the tines be flexible metal or plastic?

Should the handle be aluminum, wood, fiberglass, or steel?

And finally, should the rakes have cushioned grips, non-slip grips, and be rust resistant?

As usual, a TRUMP FIX creates more questions than answers.

EVERYONE KNOWS WHY...................

Because his FIX is one that only an IDIOT would suggest.

Comedians don't have to write their material anymore; TRUMP THE CHUMP writes it for them.

Kudos
Views