There's always more to explore with your AARP membership. Explore your member benefits today.
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

FDR saw people's homes STOLEN by Bankers after 1929 CRASH

Message 11 of 15

FDR saw homeless 70, 80 and 90-year-olds and said this is wrong. Social Security was designed to make sure no one ever had to face that situation again. FDR NEVER SAID Social Security was not designed as a supplement to other old age pensions/investments. He viewed it as a pension and a floor under which no elderly person should fall. Republicans invented this gimmick line about Social Security not being a Old Age Pension. 

A recent study found that 50% of the American People could NOT COME UP WITH $400 CASH IN AN EMERGENCY. How the hell are they supposed to afford an IRA? 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Trump/Ryan $1 Trillion Dollar Deficit, STEAL FROM GRANNY

Message 12 of 15

@KidBoy2said SS was never intended to be your pension..it was to supplement it.

True, but does that then mean it's OK for Ryan to be taking it away from us, because it's suppose to be a supplement?.

We worked for it, we deserve it. If you want Ryan to keep yours go for it, a lot of us want our Soc Sec. so we do feel Ryan should leave it alone. He's just never satisfied being rich, it's always more, more ,more, take, take, take.

Trouble is The Rep. take, but it's the ones low on the Totem Pole they take from.

Live For Today, No One is Guaranteed a TOMORROW !
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 15

@KidBoy2 wrote:
I think when the 71 year old told Ryan that was his pension it was telling of the mindset of our country. Do not save "big brother" has to take care of me and owes me a good pension...the Democrats are great at that which you should know.

SS was never intended to be your pension..it was to supplement it.

Get real..please!

ah the Conservative Compassion. Is is OK to take from poverty stricken pensioners because they are poor. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 15
I think when the 71 year old told Ryan that was his pension it was telling of the mindset of our country. Do not save "big brother" has to take care of me and owes me a good pension...the Democrats are great at that which you should know.

SS was never intended to be your pension..it was to supplement it.

Get real..please!

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

Trump/Ryan $1 Trillion Dollar Deficit, STEAL FROM GRANNY

Message 15 of 15

We all knew kids who stole from their parents when we were kids, they grew up to be Republicans. paul ryan social security.PNG

Kudos
Views
Replies