Is your 'stuff' stressing you out? TV personality Matt Paxton has tips for downsizing and decluttering in our free, two-part webinar! Register now.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Trump/Russia Hack Dem. Sen. McCaskill Senate Offices

Message 1 of 6

@rker321 wrote:

My error  I thought that she was a Republican Senator. well, is still is hacking our government and it will not stop.

Doesn't really matter anyway - does it? The only point is to question the legitimacy of President Trump's election.

I't sorta like the first post that threw in, "Trump is Complicit at the very least By Being Unresponsive to Russian Hacking" and "Trump and the GOP thinks he's a Great Friend" as if they were parts of the reports being posted - but they weren't.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 6

Yes, I agree with you, the hacking will not stop. In fact, Russia is most likely an equal opportunity hacker. They want anything on anyone that they can find and use for nefarious purposes. While they mostly want to ruin the election chances of D's, they could also use compromising information to manipulate R's. 

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 6

My error  I thought that she was a Republican Senator. well, is still is hacking our government and it will not stop.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 6

@rker321 - Claire McCaskill is a D-Senator, not R.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 6

This is one of Trump's  games.  By starting that the Russians wanted to have the Democrats win the elections now with the hacking of a Republican Senator it gives credence to his claim

I wouldnt' doubt that he actually told Putin to hack some of the republican sthat he doesn't like to actually make his claim  a truthful one.

They are really interfering in the election process in this country. but many don't want to accept that.
 is anyone now, begining to think and accept election results.?

Get it !!!!!! they are destroying your Democracy and you don't notice?

He has done this before, remember when he said as a candidate that were a lot of things coming about Hillary and then the meeting at the Tower took place.? How does all of that sounds to you?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views
Replies

Trump/Russia Hack Dem. Sen. McCaskill Senate Offices

Message 6 of 6

Washington (CNN)Missouri Democratic Sen. Claire McCaskill said Thursday that Russians unsuccessfully attempted to hack her Senate computer network.

McCaskill's acknowledgment was in response to a report from The Daily Beast that there was a phishing attempt against her office last year mirroring the tactics used successfully against John Podesta, Hillary Clinton's campaign chairman in the 2016 presidential election. The US intelligence community has accused Russia of perpetrating the hack against Podesta and others in an effort to sway the election in favor of President Donald Trump.

"While this attack was not successful, it is outrageous that they think they can get away with this," McCaskill said in a statement. "I will not be intimidated. I've said it before and I will say it again, (Russian President Vladimir) Putin is a thug and a bully."

Trump and the GOP thinks he's a Great Friend

Thursday's report said hackers sent forged emails to targets in the Senate with malicious links as part of an effort that Microsoft picked up. It said there was nothing to suggest the hacking attempt was successful.

CNN has rated the Missouri Senate contest a "toss-up," as the Democratic senator seeks re-election in a state that went for Trump in 2016.

At the Aspen Security Forum last week, Microsoft corporate vice president for customer security and trust Tom Burt said Russia had attempted to hack into the online accounts of staffers on three congressional campaigns ahead of the midterm elections this year.

The allegation from Microsoft in addition to The Daily Beast report marked the first major public accusations of attempted interference by Russia in the 2018 elections.

Top US national security officials have sounded the alarm about potential threats to the US in cyberspace. Director of National Intelligence Dan Coats said earlier this month that the situation was critical and went as far as comparing the "warning signs" to those faced ahead of the attacks on September 11, 2001.

Trump is Complicit at the very least By Being Unresponsive to Russian Hacking

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark

Top Authors