AARP's caregiver resource center can help you navigate your role as a family caregiver. Try it today.

Reply
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
365
Views

Re: Trump Praises Beating Up Reporters At Montana Rally

365 Views
Message 11 of 38

@rk9152 wrote:

@BigLib wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@BigLib wrote:

 

 


Getting a reporter out of your face is not the same as shooting a Member of Congress. Try to calm your anger and look at the subject realistically


You and this "calm your anger" stuff is pretty cute. Project much? Advocating and excusing an assault against another person really kind of speaks as to whose unrealistic anger needs calming.

 

Now, about - "Getting a reporter out of your face is not the same as shooting a Member of Congress".


What about it? Both are crimes. Gianforte was charged with a crime. Assault is a crime. That's what he was charged with. And he pleaded guilty to it (even though he'd first lied about it). He had to take anger management classes because he clearly has violent anger issues.

 

Why are you so against republicans being held accountable for their crimes?

 

There is nothing I posted that would indicate I am opposed to anyone being held accountable. However, if to you "shoving" is equal to "shooting" a reasonable discussion is not possible.


A reasonable discussion with a person that thinks shoving is the same as body slamming is not possible (don't forget, Gianforte lied about it until the witnesses and audio came forward). It takes a great deal of force to break a pair of glasses, and Gianforte broke Jacobs' glasses. I know plenty of people that have gone face-first into their car's airbags, and their glasses have survived intact. Glasses are designed like that. So to break a pair of glasses, while the person is wearing them, takes a good amount of force.

 

I'm not sure how anyone can claim the level of rage and anger a person harbors that would drive them to violently assault someone to the point of breaking their glasses, is greater than the rage and anger it takes to shoot someone. Had Gianforte snapped the guy's neck, you'd no doubt excuse it as a tragic accident. There but for the grace of god, right?

 

 

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/statements/byruling/false/ (13 pages of lies and growing)
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
365
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
349
Views

Re: Trump Praises Beating Up Reporters At Montana Rally

349 Views
Message 12 of 38

@Panjandrum wrote:

rk9152:  Getting a reporter out of your face is not the same as shooting a Member of Congress. Try to calm your anger and look at the subject realistically

 

 

Gianforte was charged with assault for "getting a reporter out of his face". And no, it's not the same at all as shooting someone, so stop using the silly comparison.

Ps.....you might have noticed that no one on the left has beclowned themselves by trying to make excuses for the shooting. It never should have happened and the guy that did it needs to be locked up.

 

Nope - no beclowning by excusing it, just trying to make it go away be refusing to accept how much worse it is than shoving a reporter out of your way by insisting, "that's different". 


 

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
349
Views
Silver Conversationalist
0
Kudos
360
Views

Re: Trump Praises Beating Up Reporters At Montana Rally

360 Views
Message 13 of 38

Some of you are missing the point here. Ben Jacobs of The Guardian went up to Greg Gianforte to get his opinion on the Congressional Budget Office's analysis of the American Health Care Act. Gianforte didn't want to answer his question, so Jacobs repeated it. Gianforte then said, "I'm sick and tired of you guys. The last guy who came in here . . . did the same thing. Get the hell out of here." He then slammed Jacobs to the floor, breaking the journalist's glasses in the process, and started screaming at him and hitting him. And this action, folks, is what the leader of the United States praised to thousands, and eventually millions, once it got on TV, radio, and the newpapers.

 

Journalists are doing their job when they ask hard questions that politicians don't want to answer. I'm not talking about those slanted, opinionated Cable shows: Fox and Friends, Cuomo Prime Time, Maria in the Morning, Morning Joe . . . I'm talking about true journalism - what's being called "The enemy of the people." The President wants his free speech, but he also wants to take it away from others, and he's convincing lots of people that this is the right thing to do. It's a slippery slope we don't want to go down. 

 

In an interview with Leslie Stahl in 2016, Trump said he constantly railed against the “fake news” to discredit you all and demean you all, so when you write negative stories about me, no one will believe you.” 

 

As educated adults, we must openly condem these types of despotic actions.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
360
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
366
Views

Re: Trump Praises Beating Up Reporters At Montana Rally

366 Views
Message 14 of 38

rk9152:  Getting a reporter out of your face is not the same as shooting a Member of Congress. Try to calm your anger and look at the subject realistically

 

 

Gianforte was charged with assault for "getting a reporter out of his face". And no, it's not the same at all as shooting someone, so stop using the silly comparison.

Ps.....you might have noticed that no one on the left has beclowned themselves by trying to make excuses for the shooting. It never should have happened and the guy that did it needs to be locked up.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
366
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
353
Views

Re: Trump Praises Beating Up Reporters At Montana Rally

353 Views
Message 15 of 38

rk9152:  It is where we were driven to by the antifa thugs of the left and the support they receive from people of the left as they stop the exercise of free speech.

 

 

*uses coaxing voice* It's ok rk, we can't hear you properly you can come out from under the bed now, I promise there's no antifa here. LOL

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
353
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
357
Views

Re: Trump Praises Beating Up Reporters At Montana Rally

357 Views
Message 16 of 38

@BigLib wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@BigLib wrote:

 

 


Getting a reporter out of your face is not the same as shooting a Member of Congress. Try to calm your anger and look at the subject realistically


You and this "calm your anger" stuff is pretty cute. Project much? Advocating and excusing an assault against another person really kind of speaks as to whose unrealistic anger needs calming.

 

Now, about - "Getting a reporter out of your face is not the same as shooting a Member of Congress".


What about it? Both are crimes. Gianforte was charged with a crime. Assault is a crime. That's what he was charged with. And he pleaded guilty to it (even though he'd first lied about it). He had to take anger management classes because he clearly has violent anger issues.

 

Why are you so against republicans being held accountable for their crimes?

 

There is nothing I posted that would indicate I am opposed to anyone being held accountable. However, if to you "shoving" is equal to "shooting" a reasonable discussion is not possible.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
357
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
328
Views

Re: Trump Praises Beating Up Reporters At Montana Rally

328 Views
Message 17 of 38

@rk9152 wrote:

@BigLib wrote:

 

 


Getting a reporter out of your face is not the same as shooting a Member of Congress. Try to calm your anger and look at the subject realistically


You and this "calm your anger" stuff is pretty cute. Project much? Advocating and excusing an assault against another person really kind of speaks as to whose unrealistic anger needs calming.

 

Now, about - "Getting a reporter out of your face is not the same as shooting a Member of Congress".


What about it? Both are crimes. Gianforte was charged with a crime. Assault is a crime. That's what he was charged with. And he pleaded guilty to it (even though he'd first lied about it). He had to take anger management classes because he clearly has violent anger issues.

 

Why are you so against republicans being held accountable for their crimes?

 

 

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/statements/byruling/false/ (13 pages of lies and growing)
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
328
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
333
Views

Re: Trump Praises Beating Up Reporters At Montana Rally

333 Views
Message 18 of 38

@BigLib wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@BigLib wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@LydiaN586309 wrote:

@lj9807492 wrote:

What in God's name is this country coming to when people clap and cheer when someone not only condones, but praises the act of  one person commiting violence on another individual? I'm beginning to believe that mental illness is contageous.


I am also wondering about our fellow citizens who are so enamoured with this man,  that they blinded go along with his advocacy of physical violence.   It may or may not be mass mental illness, but for sure we have a big bully in the White House who is an expert at whipping a crowd up into joining him in his thirst for blood as it were and dominance over his enemies. Dangerous!


I expect there was blood when Bernie's staffer shot Scalise and there is no doubt blood when your antifa thugs attack.

 

Yes, we have a violence problem in out politics. But it is not resolve by only referring to "those guys". 


I expect there was blood when a man embracing hateful right wing ideologies shot Giffords and killed a kid, and there is no doubt blood when your white supremacist thugs run people over with a car.

 

Yes, we have a violence problem in our politics. And it will not be resolved as long as the president uses his bully pulpit as a means to promote further violence.

 

 


Getting a reporter out of your face is not the same as shooting a Member of Congress. Try to calm your anger and look at the subject realistically


You and this "calm your anger" stuff is pretty cute. Project much? Advocating and excusing an assault against another person really kind of speaks as to whose unrealistic anger needs calming.

 

Now, about - "Getting a reporter out of your face is not the same as shooting a Member of Congress".

 

 


 

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
333
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
345
Views

Re: Trump Praises Beating Up Reporters At Montana Rally

345 Views
Message 19 of 38

@rk9152 wrote:

@LydiaN586309 wrote:

@lj9807492 wrote:

What in God's name is this country coming to when people clap and cheer when someone not only condones, but praises the act of  one person commiting violence on another individual? I'm beginning to believe that mental illness is contageous.


I am also wondering about our fellow citizens who are so enamoured with this man,  that they blinded go along with his advocacy of physical violence.   It may or may not be mass mental illness, but for sure we have a big bully in the White House who is an expert at whipping a crowd up into joining him in his thirst for blood as it were and dominance over his enemies. Dangerous!


I expect there was blood when Bernie's staffer shot Scalise and there is no doubt blood when your antifa thugs attack.

 

Yes, we have a violence problem in out politics. But it is not resolve by only referring to "those guys". 


****************************************

 

The President must be held to a higher standard of conduct.  Trump is without any standards. Period!  He leads by a terrible example and his supporters follow without question.  Sad.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
345
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
367
Views

Re: Trump Praises Beating Up Reporters At Montana Rally

367 Views
Message 20 of 38

@rk9152 wrote:

@BigLib wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@LydiaN586309 wrote:

@lj9807492 wrote:

What in God's name is this country coming to when people clap and cheer when someone not only condones, but praises the act of  one person commiting violence on another individual? I'm beginning to believe that mental illness is contageous.


I am also wondering about our fellow citizens who are so enamoured with this man,  that they blinded go along with his advocacy of physical violence.   It may or may not be mass mental illness, but for sure we have a big bully in the White House who is an expert at whipping a crowd up into joining him in his thirst for blood as it were and dominance over his enemies. Dangerous!


I expect there was blood when Bernie's staffer shot Scalise and there is no doubt blood when your antifa thugs attack.

 

Yes, we have a violence problem in out politics. But it is not resolve by only referring to "those guys". 


I expect there was blood when a man embracing hateful right wing ideologies shot Giffords and killed a kid, and there is no doubt blood when your white supremacist thugs run people over with a car.

 

Yes, we have a violence problem in our politics. And it will not be resolved as long as the president uses his bully pulpit as a means to promote further violence.

 

 


Getting a reporter out of your face is not the same as shooting a Member of Congress. Try to calm your anger and look at the subject realistically


You and this "calm your anger" stuff is pretty cute. Project much? Advocating and excusing an assault against another person really kind of speaks as to whose unrealistic anger needs calming.

 

 

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/statements/byruling/false/ (13 pages of lies and growing)
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
367
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Roundtable Discussion:
Ask questions and get advice from fellow entrepreneurs
Now through Nov. 22

Top Authors