From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Trump Offers A 'Dreamers' Deal For Border-Money Proposal

Message 111 of 156

@rker321 wrote:

Gee Tx,  I completely agree with you. and unfortunately I have been shot down many times in this message board for saying something similar.

The minute that you differentiate an individual by race like calling anyone  African Americans, Cuban Americans, MexicanAmericans, Jewish America you are actually already differentiating those individuals and not making them equals to any Caucasian if they happen to be from those countries mentioned. I happen to know Caucasians born in China, India. Africa. Latin America, the EU and any country. and yet. I don't think that people know the difference between nationality and race.  And not, if it not them that love that differentiation is many here that love to differentiate by race and nationality.

I was actually referring to referring to people by the color or their skin as has been done here in referring to these migrants. Without doubt it has been done here to create bias and racial prejudice.  It's noteworthy to point out that it has been done by those leaning towards liberalism.

Referring to nationality, etc., isn't necessarily bringing in racism.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 112 of 156

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

How are you being considered a 'white' person know if it's racist or not?  How are you to know if it isn't racist?  Continually bringing up a person's skin color is a form of racism.  Calling these migrants 'brown people' is nothing but an attempt to make this into a racial thing.

Gee Tx,  I completely agree with you. and unfortunately I have been shot down many times in this message board for saying something similar.

The minute that you differentiate an individual by race like calling anyone  African Americans, Cuban Americans, MexicanAmericans, Jewish America you are actually already differentiating those individuals and not making them equals to any Caucasian if they happen to be from those countries mentioned. I happen to know Caucasians born in China, India. Africa. Latin America, the EU and any country. and yet. I don't think that people know the difference between nationality and race.  And not, if it not them that love that differentiation is many here that love to differentiate by race and nationality.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 113 of 156

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Pointing out a person's color is not "racist", no matter how many times you try and indicate that it is.

How are you being considered a 'white' person know if it's racist or not?  How are you to know if it isn't racist?  Continually bringing up a person's skin color is a form of racism.  Calling these migrants 'brown people' is nothing but an attempt to make this into a racial thing.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 114 of 156

Most people support citizenship for dreamers. Why didn’t Trump offer that? 

I’d give him $5 billion for that. 

Because of Stephen Miller....you’ll never see it. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 115 of 156

@KidBoy2 wrote:
rker posted..

"stupid wall"

===================================

FYI Wall have and are working...it sounds like you are getting your misinformation from the Ms Pelosi and MSNBC.

There are areas of our southern border without walls that illegals are coming through many with children. We need more walls and Pelosi and Schumer were for walls before Trump...not had for anyone with the ability to think that its about the hate for Trump and to hxxx with keeping our country safe and also keeping the illegals from dying in our desserts.

High tech technology would secure our borders today in a far more effective way than a WALL.

Continuing to use the "dying in the desert" rant accomplishes nothing. Time would be far better spent educating one's self on the technology available today that could be used for border security.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 116 of 156

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Due tp the fact that there  is too much distrust  in both parties, the government should not be opened until there is a signed proposal by Trump and approved by both houses.

I can tell you right now that Ann Couter and Limbaugh   would have heart failure and mos of his base if he took the money for his wall and gave permanent status to the Daca kids and extend the time allowed for those with protective status.

YOu need to break the cult, you need to make that crack. is imperative for any cult. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 117 of 156

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@KidBoy2 wrote:
rker posted..

Really!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

Extension for 3 Years LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

Been there done that remember LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

==================================================

Trump proposed a very reasonable solution ..reasonable is not a word that Trump Haters would want to understand.

Reasonable to fools ........... and trump supporters.

Would you care to offer what you see as unreasonable - or would you prefer to talk about fools and giggle?

An antiquated idea of walls for border security is "unreasonable", an so is offering a temporary extension to things that the courts have already directed him to do with DACA. High tech technology is available today which would secure our border much better that a WALL.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 118 of 156

@rker321 wrote:

Nancy   be the intelligent woman that you are.

ACCEPT HIS PROPOSAL WITH THE FOLLOWING  EXCEPTIONS.

AMNESTY FOR DACA

6 YEAR PROTECTIONS FOR THOSE WHOSE PROTECTIONS EXPIRE.

If he accepts, he will have betrayed his base.  and that is what you would want to do.  I bet he would be stupid enough to accept in exchange for his stupid wall.

The wall is a "stupid wall", you are right about that. Why spend money on a wall and then end up spending more money for the high-tech technology for border security that we actually need? That seems short sighted and a waste of taxpayer money, $5 Billion to be exact. 

Say no to the wall and his temporary stuff on DACA that is what the courts have already ordered trump to do .............. and then offer a plan using modern and more effective high-tech technology for border security with a plan for immigration reform to be negotiated on.

Trump needs to open the governent  first.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 119 of 156
@rk9152

@rk9152 wrote:

@rker321 wrote:

Nancy   be the intelligent woman that you are.

ACCEPT HIS PROPOSAL WITH THE FOLLOWING  EXCEPTIONS.

AMNESTY FOR DACA

6 YEAR PROTECTIONS FOR THOSE WHOSE PROTECTIONS EXPIRE.

If he accepts, he will have betrayed his base.  and that is what you would want to do.  I bet he would be stupid enough to accept in exchange for his stupid wall.

Do you really think she reads our posts?

I am already seeing many on TV  saying the same thing that I am suggesting  so it seems that is not so crazy  after all.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 120 of 156

@rk9152 wrote:

@gruffstuff wrote:

Trump Offers A 'Dreamers' Deal For Border-Money Proposal

It's not much of a deal.

It's only for three years.

Trump has shown himself to be a completely unreliable negotiator, continually shifting positions and moving the goal posts.

Trump can't be trusted.

Personally .......  I would say we don't negotiate with terrorist, as long as you hold children hostage we won't touch it. 

But it would be a step forward. It would end the partial shutdown and provide three years to develop a much needed revision to our immigration laws.

It would be a step backwards. The courts orders have already dealt with how trump has to deal with DACA for the time being.  Opening the government and then developing a plan of compromise using high tech technology instead of an antiquated wall and negotiating comprehensive immigration reform is the answer.  Trump seems incapable of both.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Are you new to the online community? Say Hi and tell us a bit about yourself, your interests, and how we can help make this community a great experience for you!

close-up group of seniors smiling at camera

Top Authors