Explore your flexible work options with AARP's Flexible Work Online Expo from 2-5 p.m. ET Tuesday! Register now.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Trump Offers A 'Dreamers' Deal For Border-Money Proposal

Message 131 of 156

the Democrats have been offering Trump many deals without border funding and he has not taken them. NOW it is on the Democrats to accept the ONE thing they said they would not accept?  

Just because Trump finally stopped demanding that Pelosi and Schumer save him does not make it an acceptable deal.  Give him time. Trump is just inexperienced as a president. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 132 of 156

@gruffstuff wrote:

Trump Offers A 'Dreamers' Deal For Border-Money Proposal

It's not much of a deal.

It's only for three years.

Trump has shown himself to be a completely unreliable negotiator, continually shifting positions and moving the goal posts.

Trump can't be trusted.

Personally .......  I would say we don't negotiate with terrorist, as long as you hold children hostage we won't touch it. 

But it would be a step forward. It would end the partial shutdown and provide three years to develop a much needed revision to our immigration laws.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 133 of 156

@nctarheel wrote:

INDIVIDUAL-1 offered nothing new in his phony baloney speech today that was rife with his usual falsehoods, phony statistics, and fear mongering rhetoric.

He doesn't understand, because of his stupidity, that repeating the same things over and over are NOT moving negotiations along. In fact, these aren't negotiations at all. They are demands that he, his family, and a couple of Cabinet members came up with behind closed doors.

He still asked for 5.7 Billion for a vanity wall. HE AIN'T GETTING THAT.

He offered "Dreamers" temporary protections. Permanent protections is what has been on the table.

His stupid stupid comment about 50% of crime being cut with a wall is laughable.

He needs to re-open the government, negotiate in good faith, and we may get somewhere.

And Nancy saying, "no" over and over will not solve the impasse. So, what is the answer??

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 134 of 156

@williamb39198 wrote:

What trump did today was to rewarm food that he ate out of last week, and then expected the Dems to eat it...offers nothing new, and now wants more money. Dems will tell trump to eat it!

But, I would also say that he really blew it by not talking about the shutdown, and specifically did not speak to any of the out of work folks that trump put out of work...steven miller writes your speeches, doesn’t he!

Never Forget

What has steven miller (or even Stephen Miller) to do with the posts??

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 135 of 156

@CriticalThinking wrote:

Trump Cult members dream about his vanity wall when they go to sleep at night. When they wake up, they visit poltical sites and defend the wall all day long. This wall is more important to them than all of the international failures Comrade Trump has executed.

Real Americans know there's no crisis at the border. Equally important, there are much better solutions than Trump's Vanity Wall. That's the same wall Republicans refused to fund during the 2 years they controlled the House, the Senate, and the White House. Why blame the Dems?

But whatever Trump wants, his minions repeat like puppets.

It is true - on this topic border security is more important to us "minions" than NATO or Putin.

To others, the day is filled with the obsessive hatred for the President. It is the main element of any topic.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 136 of 156

@Olderscout66 wrote:

Kid posted ip : WASHINGTON (AP) — In a bid to break the shutdown impasse and fund his long-promised border wall, President Donald Trump on Saturday offered to extend temporary protection for young people brought to the U.S. illegally as children. But while Trump cast the move as a "common-sense compromise," Democrats were quick to dismiss it at a "non-starter."

The courts have already granted the Dreamers "temporary" protection by invalidating lil donny's deportation plans, so as usual, donny has NOTHING to offer.

lil donny cannot do anything for poor brown people or he will lose his base, and he's counting on them to forment rebellion as his only hope of avoiding serious jail time. Saying he'll do what the Courts have already ORDERED him to do is not an offer, it's a recognition of reality, so why would the Dems give him anything in return for the NOTHING he's offered?

How do you know that all DACA individuals are "poor brown people". Sounds a bit racist to me. I've seen some that are quite successful.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 137 of 156

@MIseker wrote:
Like trump did when he turned down legislation giving money for the wall for dreamer protection?

no - like there is an offer on the table

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 138 of 156

A few decades ago, I called a guy about a pickup truck for sale.  It was very inexpensive and I was curious.  I got some information and told him that truck did not meet my needs, which was true.  He called me every couple of days with a new offer on that **bleep** thing. He began to get angry. 

Reminds me of Trump.  Not interested in buying what he is selling but he desperately needs to make the sale. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 139 of 156

Actually Trump offers his Cult another dream in a Faux attempt at making himself the reason for celebrating this weekend instead of the real Leaders like MLK

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 140 of 156

kidboy,

Why did you post this? Trump's commitment to anything is not worth the time it takes to hear it. His word means nothing. His hand on anything is worth even less.

Reasonable? Trump is a Prince of Lies. You know that. So I will ask again. Why did you post this?

Kudos
Views