Prevention is the best medicine when it comes to avoiding surprise medical bills! Learn more.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Trump OK's Printing of 3D Guns at home

Message 11 of 43

@alferdpacker

Had a little experience with weapons myself.

Have a good day Alferd with your whatever anyone can do  you can do better.   I'll wait for your autobiography with confirmed experiences.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 43

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

So does your computer and intelligence related military service make you knowledgeable regarding firearms that are newer than the obsolete firearms you were trained in many decades ago?

My computer and related military service has nothing to do with this discussion but of course the bait was dangled, but the fish are not biting.

Small Arms Expert Marksmanship Ribbon

As far as the 'obsolete' firearms on which I qualified as EXPERT (have the Air Force Small Arms Marksmanship Ribbon - pictured above - as proof) years ago I would still take the M1 carbine over any further advancements.  My brother-in-law is an avid deer hunter and uses one during deer season.

Good for you.

Qualified expert both rifle and pistol during the month after initial boot camp firearms training - had been shooting predators and hunting for meat for the family for 12+ years at that point...

Are you referring to the M1 Carbine (30 carbine) - a round that is only barely as powerful as the average 44 Magnum pistol, about half as powerful as the 120 year old 30-30, and only about a third as powerful as the 30-06 Garand cartridge?

It would be a very good thing that the M1Carbine was a semi-auto with a fifteen or thirty round magazine - given the possibility that one might encounter a wild pig with a firearm that's less powerful than the venerable 30-30... 

I'm fond of obsolete (but much more powerful) cartridges - 45-110-550 (1876) and 375 H&H Magnum (1912)

Usually hunt with either the geat-great's 1897 vintage Browning High Wall in 45-110-550(yes using black powder or Pyrodex), or a Ruger No 1 Tropical Rifle in 375 H&H Magnum, given that many shots up in the high mountains are often at longer distances at larger animals than the M1 Carbine was intended for.

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 43

I would say that the injunction about posting programs/blueprints to 3d print various firearms came too late.  I just came across a site where they can be downloaded.  There are various models available.

Now if one had the huge amounts for the equipment to follow through...doubt Office Depot would carry that.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 43

@alferdpacker wrote:

So does your computer and intelligence related military service make you knowledgeable regarding firearms that are newer than the obsolete firearms you were trained in many decades ago?

My computer and related military service has nothing to do with this discussion but of course the bait was dangled, but the fish are not biting.

Small Arms Expert Marksmanship Ribbon

As far as the 'obsolete' firearms on which I qualified as EXPERT (have the Air Force Small Arms Marksmanship Ribbon - pictured above - as proof) years ago I would still take the M1 carbine over any further advancements.  My brother-in-law is an avid deer hunter and uses one during deer season.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 43

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

Yes TxGrandpa2 - here are some links to other similar bowling ball firearms...

Just something else that was mentioned and you claim some personal connection.   Doesn't mean a thing in relation to the topic.

There's no doubt you could still manage to fire one of those aged and obsolete weapons you were used to...

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 43

@alferdpacker wrote:

Just something else that was mentioned and you claim some personal connection.   Doesn't mean a thing in relation to the topic.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 43

@mickstuder wrote:

I just looked into this wack job Wilson who's publishing 3D Gun Plans on the internet - his case already went to the Supreme Court - they told him to take a hike ......... he decided to publish them anyway and Obama stopped him - Trump told his justice dept to back off - in fact the US Government is defending Wilson against the states 

Bad Juju

Better do a little more research on this Mick....this didn't go as far as the Supreme Court.  If it did the there wouldn't be a controversy over it now.  Back in 2013 he sued the government (State and Justice Department) on behalf of First and Second amendment rights.  Those two departments withdrew their objections.  Go back and read the links I've posted about this in this thread.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 43

alfredpacker 

Cool video.  Better than Forged in Fire..... Nancy 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 43

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

for my homemade black powder cannon that fires a bowling ball over 2 miles - necessary for hunting T-Rex, doncha know...

Sure Alferd, sure.

Bowling Ball Cannon Shoot | American Guns - YouTube

Trying to blow up a bowling ball mortar - YouTube

TO BUILD A BOWLING BALL CANNON HOWITZER - YouTube

Homemade Cannon Shoots Bowling Ball 2 Miles - YouTube

Mine uses five acetylene gas tanks - four with the tops and bottoms cut off as barrel liners, and inch and a half steel plate heated, rolled, and welded around the liners for strength and rigidity. 

I use two and a half pounds of single f(cannon) black powder to make use of the long barrel.

Mine is a black powder only muzzle loader to comply with firearms law for firearms(other than shotguns) with a larger than one half inch bore...

It uses truck coil springs to allow it to recoil, and car coil springs to "soften" the return to battery - and, yeah, it does oscillate a bit after firing...

it now resides and is occasionally fired in Utah, since the former Camp Hale site was restricted after some unexploded munitions were found...

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 43

I just looked into this wack job Wilson who's publishing 3D Gun Plans on the internet - his case already went to the Supreme Court - they told him to take a hike ......... he decided to publish them anyway and Obama stopped him - Trump told his justice dept to back off - in fact the US Government is defending Wilson against the states 

Bad Juju

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark

Top Authors