Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 21 of 97

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Don't ask for the truth if you can't stand it or don't want to accept it. Trump ordered his workers to do something illegal, whether it ended up being done or not. You defending him in the way you are doesn't change that.

Read my post again and be specific about the ADA when passed and please leave opinions and partisan remarks out of it.  Was Trump's remarks illegal at the time?

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 97

@MIseker wrote:

Yes tx..exempt the wealthy from the law..because they are wealthy. I see now why you argue against investigating Trumps shenanigans. You were born low, he was born high, and his rights supercede a low class person. Thats a pretty submisive attitude, but its typical among snowflakes on the right.

That wasn't in my post nor question....it was "Leaving one's opinion of Trump out of this, does the ADA Act specifically require that existing structures must have signs in Braille be posted?".

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 97

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@BigLib wrote:

Instead of expecting everyone else to do your homework, try Google.

I have already did my homework and researched this.  I was just looking for what others have come up with.  And the ADA doesn't just apply to NYC, so that is superfluous to my question.  I asked if the initial ADA applied to existing buildings or those that went into effect after it was passed.

Apparently what I got was attempting to justify their opinions in this discussions.  That is what I felt I would get here. 

Don't ask for the truth if you can't stand it or don't want to accept it. Trump ordered his workers to do something illegal, whether it ended up being done or not. You defending him in the way you are doesn't change that.

Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 97

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

It's amazing the lengths that trump supporters will go to in trying to defend the bigotry, ignorance, and immorality of trump.

Not as much as the lengths liberals will go to avoid answering something.  In spite of what someone CLAIMS Trump said decades ago, can you answer if the Trump Tower has Braille letters on its elevators? What matters is that trump ordered his workers to do somehting against the law. Whether the braill went in later doesn't nullify that. You don't know, and it matters more than repeating an accusation about something that is supposed to  happened decades ago without any basis of proof...  Tic toc closer totrump, tic toc closer to trump, tic toc closer totrump ........

Can it be proved that she is telling the truth about this? Trump hasn't said it isn't true, can you prove it isn't?  It's strange that lately many are coming out  lately on accusations about things that happened decades ago with no proof. Strange that you don't seem to mind if right wingers do that in reference to Hillary or Obama. 

You never evidence of your accusations you post about others.  So where's all of your "evidence of your accusations you post about others"? Not so strange since you have consistently supported liberal matters for years. Yep, and I haven't flipped to the far right supporting a racist and fascist psycho boy like trump,

Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 97

@BigLib wrote:

I have already did my homework and researched this.  I was just looking for what others have come up with.  And the ADA doesn't just apply to NYC, so that is superfluous to my question.  I asked if the initial ADA applied to existing buildings or those that went into effect after it was passed.

Apparently what I got was attempting to justify their opinions in this discussions.  That is what I felt I would get here. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 97

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@angeleyes64 wrote:

Then this Bozo, 1/2 wit  who can't read, decides NO BRAILLE ON most likely his Trump Tower, he bought it with who knows money,  on his   Bleeping   elevators.

Its his building, upper class and expensive on rent.  I would suppose that anyone patronizing the building couldn't or wouldn't have someone assisting them. 

I doubt anyone here would have any business in the building nor could afford the rent.

Is your posts about this mostly because you don't like Trump?

Yes tx..exempt the wealthy from the law..because they are wealthy. I see now why you argue against investigating Trumps shenanigans. You were born low, he was born high, and his rights supercede a low class person. Thats a pretty submisive attitude, but its typical among snowflakes on the right.

So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 97

@BigLib wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@BigLib wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

There is quite a junk box of "Oh how I hate Trump" out there for the petty to rummage around in.

This from a claim of something almost 40 years ago. What would cause Barbara Res to suddenly remember this and go public?

Chances are Barbara Res never forgot this incident. Just like women who are sexually assaulted at work, or where ever (#MeToo movement) never forget what they experienced. And just like the #MeToo women, there comes a time when it's impossible for them to keep their mouths shut about it anymore. And, as is typical for the MAGATS, they blame the messenger.

This seems to be a pattern for Trump. Refused to comply with the law for those with a disability, and then mocks a disabled reporter on the presidential campaign trail. Guess nothing's changed in those 40 years concerning Trump's hatred for disabled people.

I have never been raped but I would think it would be more traumatic then being told what buttons to put in an elevator.

Who said it had to be traumatic for Res? I would certainly remember someone insisting that I break the law, particularly a law designed to assist disabled people.

It shows pettyness. its a law, its not that expensive, its a no brainer.  Trump just likes to order people to do things they shouldnt. ahole.

So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 97

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

Leaving one's opinion of Trump out of this, does the ADA Act specifically require that existing structures must have signs in Braille be posted?  Is this requirement grandfathered for existing structures?  If so, please give specific link to the requirement. 

I see it required in the existing law only for new buildings after it was passed.

The factory i worked in or 15 years had braille signs posted at the rest rooms. It was a pretty big plant, and the question was...how do blind people get to the find their way to the restroom period? I think its a one size fits all solution..because locations that need them would raise a stink if *everybody* didnt have to do it.

So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Esteemed Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 97

The Chrysler Building in New York City is certainly way older than Trump Tower and the Americans with Disabilities Act, and guess what - there is braille on the elevator control panel.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/88/Chrysler_lift_panel.jpg

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/statements/byruling/false/ (13 pages of lies and growing)
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Esteemed Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 97

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

Leaving one's opinion of Trump out of this, does the ADA Act specifically require that existing structures must have signs in Braille be posted?  Is this requirement grandfathered for existing structures?  If so, please give specific link to the requirement. 

I see it required in the existing law only for new buildings after it was passed.

Unless your facility is less than three stories tall, or has fewer than 3,000 square feet per floor, your elevators must conform to the guidelines set forth by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)

• Elevator hall and car buttons that are mounted at certain heights (42 inches).
  • Call buttons that are a minimum of 0.75 inches in diameter.
  • Certain illumination levels for buttons.
  • Braille plates next to buttons and at entrance jambs.
  • Two-way communication in elevator cabs that deaf/blind users can utilize.
  • Chimes/verbal announcements that indicate floor passing and the next arrival floor.
  • A cab large enough to accommodate a wheelchair and a 360-degree turn.
  • Hall lantern fixtures that are mounted with their centerlines at least 72 inches from the floor.
  • Door protective/reopening devices that will reopen the door without physical contact.
  • Emergency controls that are grouped at the bottom of the elevator control panel and have their centerlines no less than 35-inches above the finish floor.
  • Handrails at specific heights (30 inches).

Read the rest for yourself here

New York City can also enforce its own building codes.

Plenty of contact information on those pages to see what's grandfathered, and what's mandatory compliance.

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/statements/byruling/false/ (13 pages of lies and growing)
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

September is Emergency Preparedness month.

Do you have an emergency plan in place?

Share or ask questions today.

Emergency preparedness kit

Top Authors