Trump Mute as 1 Million Species Become Extinct

Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Trump Mute as 1 Million Species Become Extinct

Message 1 of 9
Again... both.

Our resident lefties only focus on blaming, accusing and preparing the gallows for a hanging. Eventually we'll be extinct.... you know, people with a brain.

Justice, mercy or grace... you pick
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 9

@afisher wrote:

Apparently, the ignobler ds - seem to not comprehend how the environment works.   Perhaps that is to be expected as witnessed by the non-scientist that they continue to rely on for their nonsense.    

They have idiot Pompeo grifting about sailing the Artic...but to where, because at the current level of permafrost thawing, where will they find / locate  stable ground on which to build anything.   https://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/permafrost-melting-1.5119767

Oh wait, they will proclaim that everything will be good, they will just buy goats! 

I believe that I qualify for your laudable title "ignobler" and I gotta tell ya, I understand that the environment has been around longer than me and it has gone through many changes and will continue to do so. 

And, I understand that when one tries to assume that massive changes can be the result of one US President's short (on the grand scale of things) term of office, that person is either incredibly naive or just hate filled and having no interest in the real world.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 9

Apparently, the ignobler ds - seem to not comprehend how the environment works.   Perhaps that is to be expected as witnessed by the non-scientist that they continue to rely on for their nonsense.    

They have idiot Pompeo grifting about sailing the Artic...but to where, because at the current level of permafrost thawing, where will they find / locate  stable ground on which to build anything.   https://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/permafrost-melting-1.5119767

Oh wait, they will proclaim that everything will be good, they will just buy goats! 

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 9

The left has a plan to deal with all the species that will die out: just give me all your money and the planet will be saved!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 9

It is, again, amazing what that "mute" fella has done just since January 2017.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 9

@gruffstuff wrote:

TRUMP HAS - NO PLAN

Sure he does, extinctions lead to fossils, fossils lead to coal, coal makes America great again.

See , it's all connected.

Very True

But - Can Humans Eat Coal - because the Species Scientists are most concerned about becoming extinct aren't the rare exotic kinds of plants & animals that we find in Zoos & Botanical Gardens

They are the ones that are the basis of the Food Chain that supports Human Life

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 9

TRUMP HAS - NO PLAN

Sure he does, extinctions lead to fossils, fossils lead to coal, coal makes America great again.

See , it's all connected.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 9
really sad. Seen this all over the net today. I feel sorry for the young people today. But the good news is many are now becoming very active and vocal on climate change. I think they will be the ones calling for change now.
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

Trump Mute as 1 Million Species Become Extinct

Message 9 of 9

Humans are driving one million species to extinction

TRUMP HAS - NO PLAN

Up to 1 million of the estimated 8 million plant and animal species on Earth are at risk of extinction — many of them within decades — according to scientists and researchers who produced a sweeping U.N. report on how humanity's burgeoning growth is putting the world's biodiversity at perilous risk.

Some of the report's findings might not seem new to those who have followed stories of how humans have affected the environment, from shifts in seasons to the prevalence of plastics and other contaminants in water. But its authors say the assessment is the most accurate and comprehensive review yet of the damage people are inflicting on the planet. And they warn that nature is declining at "unprecedented" rates and that the changes will put people at risk.

"Protecting biodiversity amounts to protecting humanity," UNESCO Director-General Audrey Azoulay said at a news conference about the findings Monday morning.

The report depicts "an ominous picture," says Sir Robert Watson, chair of the Intergovernmental Science-Policy Platform on Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services (commonly called the IPBES), which compiled the assessment.

"The health of ecosystems on which we and all other species depend is deteriorating more rapidly than ever," Watson says. He emphasizes that business and financial concerns are also threatened. "We are eroding the very foundations of our economies, livelihoods, food security, health and quality of life worldwide," he says.

The report lists a number of key global threats, from humans' use of land and sea resources to challenges posed by climate change, pollution and invasive species.

"Insect pollinators are unfortunately an excellent example of the problems caused by human activities," Scott McArt, an entomology professor at Cornell University, says in a statement about the report.

Source - https://www.npr.org/2019/05/06/720654249/1-million-animal-and-plant-species-face-extinction-risk-u-n...

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Now until February 11, play this classic game online at AARP. Get in the game and play now.

jeopardy for aarp logo

Top Authors