Honored Social Butterfly

Trump Losing 11 Electoral College Votes in AZ

It's payback time for Trump. All the polls currently show him losing the state of Arizona and the 11 electoral college votes he won in 2016. That's a swing of 22 votes because Trump loses 11 and Biden picks up those 11.

I read an article about the dynamics of the electorate and learned the following. 

• Arizona is very upset with how Trump treated John McCain.
  • Arizona is upset with how Trump treated their conservative, Republican Senator, Jeff Flake.
  • Arizona is not happy with Trump issuing a pardon to a criminal thug named Joe Arpaio.
Honored Social Butterfly

I want to remind everyone, it's actually a 22 Electoral College vote swing because Trump will lose 11, while Biden will gain 11.

Honored Social Butterfly

As more Americans get sick and more Americans die while other countries successfully open for business, voters will continue to turn against the GOP in droves.

Honored Social Butterfly

Members of the ALL WHITE REPUBLICAN PARTY of Donald Trump often live and associate only with other white people who think just like them. That gives them a  distorted view of reality, where they believe people outside of the cult who also share their narrow minded view of the world.

But that is not the case.. The majority of decent Americans, who are not part of the cult, do not like and/or hate, the corruption, non-stop insults, and pathological lying of Donald Trump. As for Arizona, many dislike how Trump treated John McCain and conservative Republican Senator Jeff Flake. It also sounds as if many aren't happy with the pardon of thug and criminal, Joe Arpaio.

Honored Social Butterfly

President OBAMA was committed to treating and tackling Ebola as both a national security priority, and an example of how an American President should lead. AND DID.    Joe Biden early January wrote an OP-ED  that Trump wasn't taking the virus seriously.....   Joe Biden has the moral values---the intelligence---the qualifications that Trump NEVER had.     

OBAMA QUOTE :    "Here’s the bottom line. Patients can beat this disease. And we can beat this disease. But we have to stay vigilant. We have to work together at every level — federal, state and local. And we have to keep leading the global response, because the best way to stop this disease, the best way to keep Americans safe, is to stop it at its source — in West Africa."

(President OBAMA was committed to treating and tackling Ebola as both a national security priority, and an example of how an American President should lead. AND DID.)

Honored Social Butterfly

Actually, the polls weren't that far off in 2016. They predicted Hillary would win the national vote by about 3.5% and she won with a margin of about 2.5%. Where the pollsters screwed up was in the Midwest battleground states. 

Let's recall that Trump won 3 key battleground states by a total of approximately only 77,000 votes. That's not 77,000 per state, that was a TOTAL of 77,000 in three states, Michigan, Wisconsin, and Pennsylvania. I'm doing this from memory, but I think it was those states.

In other words, Trump lost the popular vote by almost 3 million and just barely won the electoral colleges in the states mentioned above. Throw in a close 1.2% percentage point victory in Florida and it easily could have been a victory by Hillary. Even though Hillary was hated by millions of Americans, Trump was also hated. In the end, it was a very close election.

So yes, the pollsters were wrong, but not by much. And this time, they learned their lessons, They are paying close attention to the all important battleground states.

Honored Social Butterfly

A quick look at AZ - there are 70K people who have the antigen for covid19 in Maricopa County ( aka Phoenix metro) area.   If they and TX and FL continue to kill people, they would loose in the Census as well.     Should make for an interesting year, as reconfiguration by population is now up for grabs.  

For the whiners:   2038 deaths in AZ from Covid19, 75 in last 24 hours.  

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

the state of Texas and its 38 Electoral College votes as a TIE. Wow! If Biden wins Texas, AZ, and FL, the election is over.

------------------------------------------------------

I was thinking Pennsylvania, Ohio, Michigan and Wisconsin. But your way is fine with me.

Trump is an aperture in the fundament.
Honored Social Butterfly

Polls shmolls - the polls said Hillary would be the winner over Trump and you see how that worked out.

Honored Social Butterfly

that was before Russia interfered.
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Tom, the polls currently show the state of Texas and its 38 Electoral College votes as a TIE. Wow! If Biden wins Texas, AZ, and FL, the election is over.

Honored Social Butterfly

@CriticalThinking wrote:

Tom, the polls currently show the state of Texas and its 38 Electoral College votes as a TIE. Wow! If Biden wins Texas, AZ, and FL, the election is over.

Yup .... That's why I believe Trump will resign .... to avoid a horrendously embarrassing defeat.

And by resigning, Trump will throw Pence under the bus.

(Throwing people under the bus is SOP for Trump when he needs to protect himself.)

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Honored Social Butterfly

good for Arizona! Time to wake up!
Honored Social Butterfly

In addition to the factors CT posted, I would add the sizable number of retirees in sunny Arizona just might be upset with Toad's TOTAL FAILURE to deal with the Corvid19 Pandemic, which kills about 8.6% of those over 70 infected and shortens the life of considerably more due to the damage it can do to your heart and lungs.

But Republicans are all doubling down on the Race Card, hoping enough White Supremacists and Nazis show up at the polls to slither them to re election. Might work - most republicans are white Fox viewers, so the only cure for Covid is going to be a MASSIVE voter turnout to FINALLY defeat "the Southern Strategy".

Honored Social Butterfly

@Olderscout66 wrote:

In addition to the factors CT posted, I would add the sizable number of retirees in sunny Arizona just might be upset with Toad's TOTAL FAILURE to deal with the Corvid19 Pandemic, which kills about 8.6% of those over 70 infected and shortens the life of considerably more due to the damage it can do to your heart and lungs.

But Republicans are all doubling down on the Race Card, hoping enough White Supremacists and Nazis show up at the polls to slither them to re election. Might work - most republicans are white Fox viewers, so the only cure for Covid is going to be a MASSIVE voter turnout to FINALLY defeat "the Southern Strategy".

Just follow how the State is doing on the virus. The worst place in the word to be for getting the virus is in the Tucson area of AZ. Their hospitals are full and they are moving sick people to San Diego, CA, and ABQ., NM to be treated. The Navajo Nation is on total lock down every weekend  to keep people out of the rest of AZ. New Mexico took adds in the AZ papers last weekend. Stay in AZ do not come to NM. The Gov. of AZ is a Trump lackey and followed what Trump told him to do, and look what happened. By election time if Trump and the far right have their way few people will be left in AZ to vote as Trump and the Gov. are reducing the number every day.

Conversationalist

@john258 wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

Just follow how the State is doing on the virus. The worst place in the word to be for getting the virus is in the Tucson area of AZ. Their hospitals are full and they are moving sick people to San Diego, CA, and ABQ., NM to be treated. The Navajo Nation is on total lock down every weekend  to keep people out of the rest of AZ. New Mexico took adds in the AZ papers last weekend. Stay in AZ do not come to NM. The Gov. of AZ is a Trump lackey and followed what Trump told him to do, and look what happened. By election time if Trump and the far right have their way few people will be left in AZ to vote as Trump and the Gov. are reducing the number every day.

That's a total fabrication - where do you get your information?????  No patients have been moved out of Tucson to any other state, much less any other city. As of yesterday in Arizona the inpatient bed use was at 87%, the emergency bed use was at 44% and the ICU bed usage was at 89%. These number have been steady for the last month. And these are not all Covid patients taking up these beds. 

As for loosing the electoral votes, take a trip anywhere out of the Liberal Democratic run cities of Tucson and Phoenix. All you see are Trump 2020 banners, flags and hats. The rural communities are staunch conservative. And the inner city residents are starting to turn away from the liberal policies that have put them out of business and out of work.The continued acceptance and total lack of response to the looting and the protesters by the Liberal administrations of these two cities has started to change minds - and not to the left. And when the mayor of Tucson spent TAX dollars to put a BLM banner on city hall - she infuriated a large percentage of residents with that total waste of their and my monies. So don't count on a "Blue vote" from Arizona.     

Honored Social Butterfly

@AzRancher wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

That's a total fabrication - where do you get your information?????  No patients have been moved out of Tucson to any other state, much less any other city. As of yesterday in Arizona the inpatient bed use was at 87%, the emergency bed use was at 44% and the ICU bed usage was at 89%. These number have been steady for the last month. And these are not all Covid patients taking up these beds. 

As for loosing the electoral votes, take a trip anywhere out of the Liberal Democratic run cities of Tucson and Phoenix. All you see are Trump 2020 banners, flags and hats. The rural communities are staunch conservative. And the inner city residents are starting to turn away from the liberal policies that have put them out of business and out of work.The continued acceptance and total lack of response to the looting and the protesters by the Liberal administrations of these two cities has started to change minds - and not to the left. And when the mayor of Tucson spent TAX dollars to put a BLM banner on city hall - she infuriated a large percentage of residents with that total waste of their and my monies. So don't count on a "Blue vote" from Arizona.     

I live in a border State New Mexico. Our TV has told us we got people from there, and the Mayor of Tucson was on National TV and said the same thing only she added 2 more cities they were flying them to. Flagstaff was shipping people to other hospitals in AZ last week. You better go check you numbers, You will not find Trump nonsense on the Navajo Nation and that is a good part of northern AZ.  Yes the rural areas are home to the Trump supporters everywhere. The experts have told us that and here is who they told us makes up that group. Mostly white, rural, poorly educated, low income, easy to lead plus more. Trump is in the process of wiping out the people who live in AZ through the Reb. Gov.

The far right loves to talk about looting, but the far right has killed more people in AZ than all the demonstrations in the total USA ever will. AZ is the worst place in the USA to go if you do not want the virus. It leads the world. Even beats out China.

My State had an add in the Sunday papers saying stay in AZ do not come here. The Navajo Nation has told tourists do not come into our part of AZ if you have spent time in the other parts.

My hope is the polls are correct and every Trump Reb. (All of them) is thrown out of office in AZ come NOV. due to the fact they have destroyed the State, and hurt every bordering State. I hope AZ then will return as the great State it was before The Far right Reb. took it over.

Time will tell.

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

@john258 wrote:

I live in a border State New Mexico. Our TV has told us we got people from there, and the Mayor of Tucson was on National TV and said the same thing only she added 2 more cities they were flying them to. Flagstaff was shipping people to other hospitals in AZ last week.

I was talking about Tucson - not the rest of the state. And Tucson did not send any patients out of the city for treatment. Just more hysterical misinformation spouted by the radical liberal "mayor" here in Tucson looking for media attention.  

You better go check you numbers, You will not find Trump nonsense on the Navajo Nation and that is a good part of northern AZ. 

I would guess you would be hard pressed to find ANY political advertising on the reservation.

Yes the rural areas are home to the Trump supporters everywhere. The experts have told us that and here is who they told us makes up that group. Mostly white, rural, poorly educated, low income, easy to lead plus more.

I am one of those, whom your party renamed "the deplorables"  in 2016. And look what we accomplished then..... As for poor and uneducated I would have to disagree as my diploma from the U of A would prove different. I live rural for many reasons, the ability to live free is one. I like most of my neighbors chose to live away from the polluted crime ridden liberal cesspools called "cities". I can do what I want when I want on my own property, which has supported my family for generations and will for many more without having to bend a knee to the rules and regulations cities love to enact to control their residents.  

Trump is in the process of wiping out the people who live in AZ through the Reb. Gov.

The far right loves to talk about looting, but the far right has killed more people in AZ than all the demonstrations in the total USA ever will. AZ is the worst place in the USA to go if you do not want the virus. It leads the world. Even beats out China.

And our survival rate from the virus is at 98.3% by the numbers listed today - better than the liberal run cities like New York. Our current rate of infection is 13.5% of all of those tested - yeah we're in dire straits........according to the biased media. 

My State had an add in the Sunday papers saying stay in AZ do not come here. The Navajo Nation has told tourists do not come into our part of AZ if you have spent time in the other parts.

Ok, no problem

My hope is the polls are correct and every Trump Reb. (All of them) is thrown out of office in AZ come NOV. due to the fact they have destroyed the State, and hurt every bordering State. I hope AZ then will return as the great State it was before The Far right Reb. took it over.

Time will tell.

Yes it will, and I think you are going to be surprised by the results. Arizona is not ready to join the Communist Liberal Party, and I believe the majority of the country is not either.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@AzRancher wrote:

@john258 wrote:

I live in a border State New Mexico. Our TV has told us we got people from there, and the Mayor of Tucson was on National TV and said the same thing only she added 2 more cities they were flying them to. Flagstaff was shipping people to other hospitals in AZ last week.

I was talking about Tucson - not the rest of the state. And Tucson did not send any patients out of the city for treatment. Just more hysterical misinformation spouted by the radical liberal "mayor" here in Tucson looking for media attention.  

You better go check you numbers, You will not find Trump nonsense on the Navajo Nation and that is a good part of northern AZ. 

I would guess you would be hard pressed to find ANY political advertising on the reservation.

Yes the rural areas are home to the Trump supporters everywhere. The experts have told us that and here is who they told us makes up that group. Mostly white, rural, poorly educated, low income, easy to lead plus more.

I am one of those, whom your party renamed "the deplorables"  in 2016. And look what we accomplished then..... As for poor and uneducated I would have to disagree as my diploma from the U of A would prove different. I live rural for many reasons, the ability to live free is one. I like most of my neighbors chose to live away from the polluted crime ridden liberal cesspools called "cities". I can do what I want when I want on my own property, which has supported my family for generations and will for many more without having to bend a knee to the rules and regulations cities love to enact to control their residents.  

Trump is in the process of wiping out the people who live in AZ through the Reb. Gov.

And our survival rate from the virus is at 98.3% by the numbers listed today - better than the liberal run cities like New York. Our current rate of infection is 13.5% of all of those tested - yeah we're in dire straits........according to the biased media. 

Ok, no problem

Time will tell.

Yes it will, and I think you are going to be surprised by the results. Arizona is not ready to join the Communist Liberal Party, and I believe the majority of the country is not either.

By the numbers:

1. So the chopper pilot we saw on TV who flew from Tucson to Abq. was telling a lie. I will take the mayor of Tucson  story which was also backed up by other medical people in the area.

2. Not true their is political advertising on the reservation. It is the only sane part of the State right now.

3. Not all the medical experts I have seen or heard from the U of A who thinks what the Gov. did for Trump was good. Fact is the medical people from the Univ. of A said from the day the Gov. followed Trump this would happen, and they were correct.

We have people here who say they like to live free away from the liberal cesspools. We see them every weekend at the malls, stores, movies etc. so by their actions they disprove what they say and join the group who support Trump as out lined by real experts  not from any political party. A lot of the people living free flew the Confederate flag, had hate messages for people, and the last 3 years Trump signs. They also said they could do what they wanted on their own property. The country and State spend a lot of money proving to them they will live by the laws of the county and State. Some have even found a new home for a few years. They always say it is my property and I can do what I want, and even here they still think they can do things to help the virus kill people as they care for no one but themselves.

4. AZ is the best place in the world if you want to catch the virus which cam out yesterday. When Trump had 3,000 people attend his rally at a church look what happened. The day before the church pastors told all they had new air equipment that killed over 90% of the virus so all would be safe. Day of the rally they said they misspoke and that was not true. The evening of the rally the maker of the equipment said they never told them that, and they lied.The far right in action.

5. Since Communist and fascist become the same thing when under a Dictator  the far right in AZ has already  become that. Hurting and killing people has been the mark of the far right for the last thousand years.

Honored Social Butterfly

I worked the polls in 2016, and Putin's Psy Ops Warriors managed to chase a huge number of tRump supporters from under their rocks. They hadn't voted in so long, it was impossible to recognize their signartures as having any relation to the ones they signed the last time they showed up.

Putin is already at it, and Fox has been lying a mile a minute since 2016, so those folks will probably show up again in 2020. But Toad won Michigan and Wisconsin by a total of 33,461, and his killing of Seniors will cost him at least that many votes this time. As for Pennyslvania, Toad's 2016 margin of victory State wide was 20,000 votes LESS than the DECREASE in black votes in Philadelphia, which ain't gonna happen again. Flip those 3 States and Toad is toast in the electoral college, 258 to 273, and unless all the old people he's killed in Florida vote, he'll lose there as well.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png