Take control of your brain health with Staying Sharp! Try it today.

Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Trump: If U.S. and Britain negotiate, British universal health coverage is on the table

Message 1 of 14

MsStretch:   I don't think he knew what NHS stood for. That's what happens when you start rambling off-script.

I think Trump is so used to gaslighting everyone around him and no pushback that he forgets himself and assumes everyone else is as gullible as his base.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Trump: If U.S. and Britain negotiate, British universal health coverage is on the table

Message 2 of 14

Richva:   What he did was put the British on notice that he would be negotiating their (superior) health care system as well.  The British love their health care system.  

If there isn't a rake anywhere to be stepped on, he will provide one. The man is a fool.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 14

@rker321 wrote:

I still fail to understand as to why Trump wants to destroy the British health care system. it doesn't make any sense to me.

Please explain?

This article explains it fairly well. They fear having their health care system opened up to American for-profit industries. Instead, they want better funding for the NHS post-Brexit since some funding going to the EU would be freed up from the budget.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2019/06/04/brits-are-fiercely-protective-their-health-care-syst...

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 14

I still fail to understand as to why Trump wants to destroy the British health care system. it doesn't make any sense to me.

Please explain?

The only thing that is worrying me is the fact that even CNN just publish that 54% of the population will vote for Trump in  2020 and he will win the elections.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 14

@Richva wrote:

I actually had not thought about Russia being behind Trump's attempt to scuttle a U.S./British free trade agreement until RK brought it up.  Makes sense to me. 

Cannot come up with an alternative explanation - Who will benefit more from the US and UK entering into mutually destructive trade agreement to further exacerbate Brexit than our mutual adversary Russia and Cadet Bonespur's personal banker, Vlad the Stumpy.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 14

@Richva wrote:

I actually had not thought about Russia being behind Trump's attempt to scuttle a U.S./British free trade agreement until RK brought it up.  Makes sense to me. 

Pretty much all of Trump's misadventures into trade are working to Russia's advantage. Putin told Xi that Russia's got you're back, we'll supply the soybeans, etc. Russia is looking to pick up the slack anywhere and everywhere it can, and UK would be one more market after Brexit.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 14

During the press conference, Trump was asked if the NHS would be part of trade negotiations and he answered yes, the NHS and everything else.  Later, in an interview with Piers Morgan, he walked it back by saying no, their National Health Service is not something he "would not see as part of trade. That’s not trade".  Ergo, Trump had no clue what NHS stood for.  Open mouth.  Insert foot.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 14

He had to walk it all back this morning. Even the most conservative Brits love their public healthcare.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 14

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 14

@rk9152 wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

@MsStretch wrote:

I don't think he knew what NHS stood for.  That's what happens when you start rambling off-script.

IMHO, Cadet Bonespurs was signaling his base he intended to talk Britian out of their health care system as part of a deal for access to American markets.

Yes, I know it's absurd, but I also know his base thinks he is a successful businessman and not a Russian puppet.

Why would Russia care about the British NHS??

Why do you make up stuff and then ask a question about your fantasy?

Kudos
Views