Honored Social Butterfly

Trump Has No Empathy

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/09/politics/americans-grief-and-pain-trump-empathy-missing/index.html

Trump's difficulty with empathy has been well-chronicled throughout his presidency. But it has been on display in a sometimes breathtaking fashion in the midst of the pandemic, notably so on Friday as the President was forced to address the worst jobs report in history, with a US death toll that surpassed 77,000 by end of the day.
That missing trait in Trump's arsenal is even more notable now that the President is facing an adversary in Joe Biden, the former vice president and presumptive Democratic presidential nominee who counts empathy and his ability to connect with struggling Americans among his greatest strengths.
The Friday morning figures were head-spinning, showing 20.5 million jobs lost in April, the worst month since the government began tracking the data in 1939. But rather than addressing the people (or the pain) behind those statistics, Trump's instinct was to immediately leap to his own defense as the numbers were released midway through his telephone interview with "Fox and Friends."
"It's fully expected," he said of the 14.7% unemployment rate, the highest on record since the Bureau of Labor Statistics began its monthly series. "There's no surprise. ... Even the Democrats aren't blaming me for that."
Instead of offering words of reassurance for Americans whose lives are in upheaval, the President showered praise on his earlier successes -- how the economy was the "best we've ever had" before the coronavirus became the "invisible enemy."

My Comments:  A President who is more interested in himself rather than the people he was elected to lead.
Honored Social Butterfly

Trump only cares about 3 things.

1. Himself

2. Money

3. Power

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

The only thing Trump has to fear is TRUTH itself!

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

.... When highly psychopathic participants imagined pain to themselves, they showed a typical neural response within the brain regions involved in empathy for pain.... The increase in brain activity in these regions was unusually pronounced, suggesting that psychopathic people are sensitive to the thought of pain.

But when participants imagined pain to others, these regions failed to become active in high psychopaths. Moreover, psychopaths showed an increased response in the ventral striatum, an area known to be involved in pleasure, when imagining others in pain.

This atypical activation combined with a negative functional connectivity between the insula and the ventromedial prefrontal cortex may suggest that individuals with high scores on psychopathy actually enjoyed imagining pain inflicted on others and did not care for them.

https://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2013-09/f-anb092313.php

There is no doubt in the fact that psychopath tRump absolutely enjoys inflicting pain on others.  It's not just part of his show, it is who he is at his core.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

oceanedge2 wrote:

There is no doubt in the fact that psychopath tRump absolutely enjoys inflicting pain on others.  It's not just part of his show, it is who he is at his core.

************************************************************************************

I am truly starting to believe this.

Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
Honored Social Butterfly

ChasKy, I never paid attention to trump other than seeing his sleazy publicity in the tabloids at check-out lines and was totally grossed out with his birtherism garbage.  After he began his presidential campaign I couldn't ignore him an longer.  When the grab **bleep** tape was outed, I knew then this man enjoys his power to inflict pain.... and that evidence never has abated to this day.  He is a bloody black plague all by himself.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Oceanedge2 wrote:

ChasKy, I never paid attention to trump other than seeing his sleazy publicity in the tabloids at check-out lines and was totally grossed out with his birtherism garbage.  After he began his presidential campaign I couldn't ignore him an longer.  When the grab **bleep** tape was outed, I knew then this man enjoys his power to inflict pain.... and that evidence never has abated to this day.  He is a bloody black plague all by himself.

Yep, tRump is a "bloody plague" alright. Moscow Mitch, most Washington Republicans and part of our electorate also suffer from it.

Social Butterfly

Trump lacks empathy BUT what about the Republicans who enable him.

What's their excuse for their lack of leadership?  Are they afraid?---of what?

Honored Social Butterfly

mimi0000 wrote:

Trump lacks empathy BUT what about the Republicans who enable him.

What's their excuse for their lack of leadership?  Are they afraid?---of what?

********************************************************************************

tRump getting elected has uncovered how vile and spineless the vast majority of the Washington Republicans truly are. McConnell isn't sitting on and blocking the House Anti-Corruption Bill for nothing.

Social Butterfly

Take your posts all together and you have an excellent description of a sociopath.

Honored Social Butterfly

Trump always lives up to what educated people have been saying about him for years now. Trump destroys everything and everyone who comes in contact with him. Right now he is doing that to the USA.

Honored Social Butterfly

@TxGrandpa2 

A very important attribute of any leader. 
Also interesting is that when I listen to Presidential Historians, they will point out the Great Presidents are the ones who possess a sense of empathy towards their constituents. 
I think it was best put by a citizen after FDR passed away. When asked why he was crying by a reporter, did he know FDR, the man replied “No, I didn’t know him, but He knew Me”!

That’s empathy from a real Leader. 

Esteemed Social Butterfly

IMPOTUS is absolutely incapable of showing empathy.  (I doubt he can even spell it, much less know what it means).  Even when a former president put out a message of unity and encouragement to all Americans, IMPOTUS groused about "where was he when I was getting impeached?"

Honored Social Butterfly

MsStretch wrote:

IMPOTUS is absolutely incapable of showing empathy.  (I doubt he can even spell it, much less know what it means).  Even when a former president put out a message of unity and encouragement to all Americans, IMPOTUS groused about "where was he when I was getting impeached?"

That's a great question that Trump should be asking of himself .... where was he while he was getting impeached .... AND THE COUNTRY WAS BREAKING OUT WITH THE CORONAVIRUS???!!!

As ALL Americans should know .... Trump was attending rallies for himself and chasing balls around a golf course!

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Honored Social Butterfly

My Comments:  A President who is more interested in himself rather than the people he was elected to lead.

I agree, Trump doesn't get the idea of public service.

Honored Social Butterfly

TxGrnadpa2 wrote:

"My Comments:  A President who is more interested in himself rather than the people he was elected to lead."

gruffstuff wrote:

"I agree, Trump doesn't get the idea of public service."

*********************************************************************************

You both are right.  Trump cares about no one but himself.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png