Have questions about your Social Security benefits? The AARP Social Security Resource Center can help.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: ‘Trump Happens When a Political Party Abandons Ideas’

Message 1 of 12

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Mr. Bartlett makes some good points. President Trump was elected because he ran against a bad candidate and had help from the Russians.  Financial, as well as propaganda. No, it was as I stated it. No, yours is a pro-trump opinion and void of any facts.  What I posted is an objective opinion based on facts. No, my post is factual, yours is biased. of the Republican Party's refusal to balance the Dems leftward path. Nope....because he appealed to the worst of Americans and the greedy wealthy. No, he appealed to the natural Conservative sentiments of many Americans A few Americans....the others were Repubs who would never vote Democrat no matter if there lives depended on it. And there are similar Dems. Bottom line - he won, grow up and accept it.  In effect, the Rs deserted Conservatism. Nope, Conservatism is a part of the GOP, not it's ideal; just as Liberals are a part of Democrats, not their ideal. And they abandoned the ideology. And, by comparison to where the Rs had drifted, his quasi-Conservatism does seem extreme.  Because he has the support of the right-wing extremists. He's not all that Conservative - only comparatively. Agreed.

But he goes astray in several areas. Nato for example - it was badly in need of updating. Extremists forget a group of countries make that determination; not just one.  I bet these people make for lousey team mates. The only think needing "updating" was the cost sharing. Reasonable people remember that the President represents the interests of the US. Except for this one....it's all about his interests.  Improving NATO is in our interest and in his interests, as an American. His approach is quite forceful but he is not a pol. Pols like to lay out "20 year plans". And keep their allies. We will. He prefers to just "get 'er done". And to heck with everyone else....most see it for what it is.....he's a bully.  Always has been....always will be. It's all business negotiations as opposed to the politician negotiations we are used to. Agreed and is why many of his businesses fail.  He's a bully, not a business man.  Claimed he only received 1 million from his daddy. That changes nothing in my comments about his approach to negotiations. Business vs political.

Trump fired Comey. Bartlett interprets Correctly. that but remember the Dems wanted him fired So? So??- Yep!  So? So??until Trump actually did it. Nope!  Until they learned about trumps work with the Russians and that Comey was leading the investigation..... Actually, it was discovered how politicized he had allowed the FBI to become So trump culties claim.....him, if trump lies to you three times, he say's you'll believe it.  How many times has trump told THAT lie????  Hundreds? What lie?  which is why trump fired him. Which is why he was fired You forget trump sang Comey's praises until he learned Comey was investigating him. Sunnovagun - politics. Suno**bleep**un, a liar! Did you have a thought you'd like to express here? But as is often the case, you twist the facts and history to fit your political bias. No facts twisted in my words.

The bottom line is that he was not happy with the evolution of the Republican Party. It wasn't HIS party.  He, like Sanders, should have run as Independents. But the Reps nominated him. The election of President Trump seems to show that a lot of Americans agreed with him. Yes, racists, bigots and the uneducated.  Not something to boast about. I voted for him, I am none of your cliches.  Based solely on what I've read of your posts, I d disagree. Any specifics?

Education, Not Income, Predicted Who Would Vote For Trump

Trump Won Because Voters Are Ignorant, Literally

Economic Anxiety Didn't Make People Vote Trump, Racism Did

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 12

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:
Chasky 53 wrote: (in blue text)

Mr. Bartlett makes some good points. President Trump was elected because of the Republican Party's refusal to balance the Dems leftward path. In effect, the Rs deserted Conservatism. And, by comparison to where the Rs had drifted, his quasi-Conservatism does seem extreme.  Alternate reality. Do you have an alternate opinion to that of Mr. Bartlett?

But he goes astray in several areas. Nato for example - it was badly in need of updating. His approach is quite forceful but he is not a pol. Pols like to lay out "20 year plans". He prefers to just "get 'er done". "get 'er done" doesn't mean alientaing our allies. If necessary it does.

Trump fired Comey. Bartlett interprets that but remember the Dems wanted him fired - until Trump actually did it. trump fires anyone he can't control. Maybe he'll pardon the pipe bomber and put him on his staff, looks like he can control him. Mr. Bartlett was not referring to the bomber. Try to focus.

The bottom line is that he was not happy with the evolution of the Republican Party. The election of President Trump seems to show that a lot of Americans agreed with him.  4 million more Americans that voted disagreed with him. If you do not like a Constitutionally conducted election change the Constitution. But in the meantime, grow up - he won.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 12

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Mr. Bartlett makes some good points. President Trump was elected because he ran against a bad candidate and had help from the Russians.  Financial, as well as propaganda. No, it was as I stated it. No, yours is a pro-trump opinion and void of any facts.  What I posted is an objective opinion based on facts.  of the Republican Party's refusal to balance the Dems leftward path. Nope....because he appealed to the worst of Americans and the greedy wealthy. No, he appealed to the natural Conservative sentiments of many Americans A few Americans....the others were Repubs who would never vote Democrat no matter if there lives depended on it.  In effect, the Rs deserted Conservatism. Nope, Conservatism is a part of the GOP, not it's ideal; just as Liberals are a part of Democrats, not their ideal. And they abandoned the ideology. And, by comparison to where the Rs had drifted, his quasi-Conservatism does seem extreme.  Because he has the support of the right-wing extremists. He's not all that Conservative - only comparatively. Agreed.

But he goes astray in several areas. Nato for example - it was badly in need of updating. Extremists forget a group of countries make that determination; not just one.  I bet these people make for lousey team mates. The only think needing "updating" was the cost sharing. Reasonable people remember that the President represents the interests of the US. Except for this one....it's all about his interests.  His approach is quite forceful but he is not a pol. Pols like to lay out "20 year plans". And keep their allies. We will. He prefers to just "get 'er done". And to heck with everyone else....most see it for what it is.....he's a bully.  Always has been....always will be. It's all business negotiations as opposed to the politician negotiations we are used to. Agreed and is why many of his businesses fail.  He's a bully, not a business man.  Claimed he only received 1 million from his daddy.

Trump fired Comey. Bartlett interprets Correctly. that but remember the Dems wanted him fired So? So??- Yep!  So?until Trump actually did it. Nope!  Until they learned about trumps work with the Russians and that Comey was leading the investigation..... Actually, it was discovered how politicized he had allowed the FBI to become So trump culties claim.....him, if trump lies to you three times, he say's you'll believe it.  How many times has trump told THAT lie????  Hundreds? which is why trump fired him. Which is why he was fired You forget trump sang Comey's praises until he learned Comey was investigating him. Sunnovagun - politics. Suno**bleep**un, a liar! But as is often the case, you twist the facts and history to fit your political bias. No facts twisted in my words.

The bottom line is that he was not happy with the evolution of the Republican Party. It wasn't HIS party.  He, like Sanders, should have run as Independents. But the Reps nominated him. The election of President Trump seems to show that a lot of Americans agreed with him. Yes, racists, bigots and the uneducated.  Not something to boast about. I voted for him, I am none of your cliches.  Based solely on what I've read of your posts, I d disagree.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 12

@rk9152 wrote:
Chasky 53 wrote: (in blue text)

Mr. Bartlett makes some good points. President Trump was elected because of the Republican Party's refusal to balance the Dems leftward path. In effect, the Rs deserted Conservatism. And, by comparison to where the Rs had drifted, his quasi-Conservatism does seem extreme.  Alternate reality.

But he goes astray in several areas. Nato for example - it was badly in need of updating. His approach is quite forceful but he is not a pol. Pols like to lay out "20 year plans". He prefers to just "get 'er done". "get 'er done" doesn't mean alientaing our allies.

Trump fired Comey. Bartlett interprets that but remember the Dems wanted him fired - until Trump actually did it. trump fires anyone he can't control. Maybe he'll pardon the pipe bomber and put him on his staff, looks like he can control him.

The bottom line is that he was not happy with the evolution of the Republican Party. The election of President Trump seems to show that a lot of Americans agreed with him.  4 million more Americans that voted disagreed with him.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 12

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Mr. Bartlett makes some good points. President Trump was elected because he ran against a bad candidate and had help from the Russians.  Financial, as well as propaganda. No, it was as I stated it. of the Republican Party's refusal to balance the Dems leftward path. Nope....because he appealed to the worst of Americans and the greedy wealthy. No, he appealed to the natural Conservative sentiments of many Americans In effect, the Rs deserted Conservatism. Nope, Conservatism is a part of the GOP, not it's ideal; just as Liberals are a part of Democrats, not their ideal. And they abandoned the ideology. And, by comparison to where the Rs had drifted, his quasi-Conservatism does seem extreme.  Because he has the support of the right-wing extremists. He's not all that Conservative - only comparatively. 

But he goes astray in several areas. Nato for example - it was badly in need of updating. Extremists forget a group of countries make that determination; not just one.  I bet these people make for lousey team mates. The only think needing "updating" was the cost sharing. Reasonable people remember that the President represents the interests of the US. His approach is quite forceful but he is not a pol. Pols like to lay out "20 year plans". And keep their allies. We will. He prefers to just "get 'er done". And to heck with everyone else....most see it for what it is.....he's a bully.  Always has been....always will be. It's all business negotiations as opposed to the politician negotiations we are used to.

Trump fired Comey. Bartlett interprets Correctly. that but remember the Dems wanted him fired So? So??- until Trump actually did it. Nope!  Until they learned about trumps work with the Russians and that Comey was leading the investigation..... Actually, it was discovered how politicized he had allowed the FBI to become which is why trump fired him. Which is why he was fired You forget trump sang Comey's praises until he learned Comey was investigating him. Sunnovagun - politics. But as is often the case, you twist the facts and history to fit your political bias. No facts twisted in my words.

The bottom line is that he was not happy with the evolution of the Republican Party. It wasn't HIS party.  He, like Sanders, should have run as Independents. But the Reps nominated him. The election of President Trump seems to show that a lot of Americans agreed with him. Yes, racists, bigots and the uneducated.  Not something to boast about. I voted for him, I am none of your cliches. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 12

@Olderscout66 wrote:

The GOP abandoned morality in favor of winning when Nixon rolled out his Southern Strategy and it WORKED! Ever since then, Republicans have welcomed support from whoever offered it - Der Trumper's inability to say bad things about the Saudi's regarding their killing and (by?) dismembering opponents is simply the culmination of this "speak no evil of an ideological ally" philosophy.

But the way this childish,ego-maniacal, psychopathic pathology has totally pervaded the top leadership is more than Nixon welcoming the KKK back in 1968.

Back in the early 1950's, a group of prominent businessmen decided to integrate blacks into society by integrating them into leadership positions in business. No "affirmative action", just "equal opportunity", but the plan was abandoned when MLK civil rights crusade "alerted" the racists and created major disruptions in the workplace whenever a black received a promotion into a management role.

Still wanting to promote Meritocracy in America, those forward thinking folks decided to turn to the white middle class, and began selecting the "best and brightest" for scholarships to the elite prep schools and thence to the Ivy League and the "Fast Track" of the Old Boy Network.

That worked beyond their wildest dreams which became OUR darkest nightmare.

Admit it or not, as a general rule, the scions of the very rich had been raised with a sense of "duty" to use their power and position for the good of the Nation. Sometimes the notion of "good" was a tad perverted, like the BrosKoch who were raised to support the goals and objectives of the John Birch Society, but mostly they were encouraged to act in moving society forward with a better life for everyone - call it "a rising tide raises all boats" outlook.

Problem was those "meritorious interns" they culled for rapid advancement did not share any of that "Nobless Oblige nonsense" and saw their new powers as nothing more than a means to increase their own wealth.

Instead of getting a new group like the one that crafted Glass-Seagall and Bretton Woods, they got the inventors of the Reagan taxscam, Derivatives, Credit Default Swaps, sub-prime mortgages.

While the "Old Guard" Republicans were very willing to work with Democrats because they knew, while Republican Governments lowered their taxes, Democratic ones grew the entire economy, and the best way to forestall a "peasants revolt" was to keep making the peasant's more comfortable. The New Guard said to blazes with that nonsense - grab it all for ourselves and build gated communities to protect us from the peasants.

Der Trumper and the current Republican Caucus is the unintended yet inevitable consequence of that decision back in the  late 1950's to usher the best and brightest into the Old Boy Network.

Want your country back? VOTE OUT THE NRAGOP IN NOVEMBER.

Did you read the article in cent's post??

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 12

@nctarheel wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

The election of President Trump seems to show that a lot of Americans agreed with him.

It was a bunch alright.

Less than half that voted and less than 27% that were eligible to vote.

That won't happen again, I assure you.

Do you want to discuss the content of cent's post or do you want to go off the deep end with that stuff?

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 12

@rk9152 wrote:

Mr. Bartlett makes some good points. President Trump was elected because he ran against a bad candidate and had help from the Russians.  Financial, as well as propaganda.  of the Republican Party's refusal to balance the Dems leftward path. Nope....because he appealed to the worst of Americans and the greedy wealthy. In effect, the Rs deserted Conservatism. Nope, Conservatism is a part of the GOP, not it's ideal; just as Liberals are a part of Democrats, not their ideal.  And, by comparison to where the Rs had drifted, his quasi-Conservatism does seem extreme.  Because he has the support of the right-wing extremists.

But he goes astray in several areas. Nato for example - it was badly in need of updating. Extremists forget a group of countries make that determination; not just one.  I bet these people make for lousey team mates. The only think needing "updating" was the cost sharing.  His approach is quite forceful but he is not a pol. Pols like to lay out "20 year plans". And keep their allies.  He prefers to just "get 'er done". And to heck with everyone else....most see it for what it is.....he's a bully.  Always has been....always will be.

Trump fired Comey. Bartlett interprets Correctly. that but remember the Dems wanted him fired So? - until Trump actually did it. Nope!  Until they learned about trumps work with the Russians and that Comey was leading the investigation.....which is why trump fired him.  You forget trump sang Comey's praises until he learned Comey was investigating him.  But as is often the case, you twist the facts and history to fit your political bias.

The bottom line is that he was not happy with the evolution of the Republican Party. It wasn't HIS party.  He, like Sanders, should have run as Independents.The election of President Trump seems to show that a lot of Americans agreed with him. Yes, racists, bigots and the uneducated.  Not something to boast about.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 12

The GOP abandoned morality in favor of winning when Nixon rolled out his Southern Strategy and it WORKED! Ever since then, Republicans have welcomed support from whoever offered it - Der Trumper's inability to say bad things about the Saudi's regarding their killing and (by?) dismembering opponents is simply the culmination of this "speak no evil of an ideological ally" philosophy.

But the way this childish,ego-maniacal, psychopathic pathology has totally pervaded the top leadership is more than Nixon welcoming the KKK back in 1968.

Back in the early 1950's, a group of prominent businessmen decided to integrate blacks into society by integrating them into leadership positions in business. No "affirmative action", just "equal opportunity", but the plan was abandoned when MLK civil rights crusade "alerted" the racists and created major disruptions in the workplace whenever a black received a promotion into a management role.

Still wanting to promote Meritocracy in America, those forward thinking folks decided to turn to the white middle class, and began selecting the "best and brightest" for scholarships to the elite prep schools and thence to the Ivy League and the "Fast Track" of the Old Boy Network.

That worked beyond their wildest dreams which became OUR darkest nightmare.

Admit it or not, as a general rule, the scions of the very rich had been raised with a sense of "duty" to use their power and position for the good of the Nation. Sometimes the notion of "good" was a tad perverted, like the BrosKoch who were raised to support the goals and objectives of the John Birch Society, but mostly they were encouraged to act in moving society forward with a better life for everyone - call it "a rising tide raises all boats" outlook.

Problem was those "meritorious interns" they culled for rapid advancement did not share any of that "Nobless Oblige nonsense" and saw their new powers as nothing more than a means to increase their own wealth.

Instead of getting a new group like the one that crafted Glass-Seagall and Bretton Woods, they got the inventors of the Reagan taxscam, Derivatives, Credit Default Swaps, sub-prime mortgages.

While the "Old Guard" Republicans were very willing to work with Democrats because they knew, while Republican Governments lowered their taxes, Democratic ones grew the entire economy, and the best way to forestall a "peasants revolt" was to keep making the peasant's more comfortable. The New Guard said to blazes with that nonsense - grab it all for ourselves and build gated communities to protect us from the peasants.

Der Trumper and the current Republican Caucus is the unintended yet inevitable consequence of that decision back in the  late 1950's to usher the best and brightest into the Old Boy Network.

Want your country back? VOTE OUT THE NRAGOP IN NOVEMBER.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 12

@rk9152 wrote:

The election of President Trump seems to show that a lot of Americans agreed with him.

It was a bunch alright.

Less than half that voted and less than 27% that were eligible to vote.

That won't happen again, I assure you.

Kudos
Views