Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Trump EPA set to undo Obama era rule protecting wetlands, rivers.

Message 1 of 86

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@williamb39198 wrote:

@john258 

Very correct. 

Hard to say if the crazy pastor and followers ever made to the spaceship, they all committed suicide...and I mean crazy! If someone wants to take their own life, that’s one thing. But why do they feel the need to take others with them?

Suppose that trump spoke with South Florida residents concerning the reasons for the large algae blooms. 

Or to those that make their living off of harvesting seafood from rivers, bays, lakes, or oceans about how they feel about have more “crap” dumped into the waters?...or how consumers feel about it?

Florida algae blooms are the result of overuse of fertilizers and not "Climate Change".

Look at the title of this thread, and then look at your answer. The fertilizers get to the ocean by streams which is what the rule tries to prevent. Nothing to do with climate change in this thread.

I point out that the algae blooms are not from Climate Change because that's the way Progressive regressives think!  According to the left, everything hinges on Climate Change.  Where else will you rob the earners and give to the beggers?

You blame the algae on fertilizer run-off yet claim that it is good for trump to overturn executive orders prohibiting that run-off. Amazing. Where else will you give to "the earners" and kill the "beggars" with cancers caused by farm and coal industry run-off?

The so called "experts" say so (regarding algae bloom), not me and I never said I agreed with or disagreed with Trump on any executive orders.  I approve of clean water and rules to keep it clean.

Yet you applaud Truump's deregulations allowing our waters to be polluted.

Quite the contradiction NOTHAPPENING!

I neither applauded or disapproved of Trump's deregulating EPA rules so where did you dream this up?  Myexper is hallucinating again.

Nope ..... but you are contradicting yourself once "again" NOTHAPPENING.

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 86

The Federal Government MUST be the one to subsidize the new energy system that will halt Global Warming for the same reason they HAD to subsidize the canals, locks and dams, rail roads, highways and airports - IT IS NOT PROFITABLE IN THE BEGINNING, hence Capitalism will NEVER accomplish the task on its own.

For immediate use, we have a totally fail-safe Nuclear Reactor that's been available since 1984 and can replace the coal furnaces in existing plants. We also have highly advanced wind and solar devices that only need a modicum of support to become profitable, and to fill in when the sun don't shine and the wind don't blow, low head hydroelectric generators can be placed in all our major rivers. The technology is THERE FOR THE USING.

The only thing preventing the salvation of the environment for our grandkids is the REPUBLICAN PARTY!

VOTE OUT REPUBLICANS

VOTE IN A FUTURE FOR YOUR GRANDKIDS

Leave the GOPers in place, kiss your grandkids future good-bye.

You have one more chance to do the saving - 2020.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 86

@myexper wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@williamb39198 wrote:

@john258 

Very correct. 

Hard to say if the crazy pastor and followers ever made to the spaceship, they all committed suicide...and I mean crazy! If someone wants to take their own life, that’s one thing. But why do they feel the need to take others with them?

Suppose that trump spoke with South Florida residents concerning the reasons for the large algae blooms. 

Or to those that make their living off of harvesting seafood from rivers, bays, lakes, or oceans about how they feel about have more “crap” dumped into the waters?...or how consumers feel about it?

Florida algae blooms are the result of overuse of fertilizers and not "Climate Change".

Look at the title of this thread, and then look at your answer. The fertilizers get to the ocean by streams which is what the rule tries to prevent. Nothing to do with climate change in this thread.

I point out that the algae blooms are not from Climate Change because that's the way Progressive regressives think!  According to the left, everything hinges on Climate Change.  Where else will you rob the earners and give to the beggers?

You blame the algae on fertilizer run-off yet claim that it is good for trump to overturn executive orders prohibiting that run-off. Amazing. Where else will you give to "the earners" and kill the "beggars" with cancers caused by farm and coal industry run-off?

The so called "experts" say so (regarding algae bloom), not me and I never said I agreed with or disagreed with Trump on any executive orders.  I approve of clean water and rules to keep it clean.

Yet you applaud Truump's deregulations allowing our waters to be polluted.

Quite the contradiction NOTHAPPENING!

I neither applauded or disapproved of Trump's deregulating EPA rules so where did you dream this up?  

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 86

@Tom5678 wrote:
another reason I see Trump trying to undo this now, is the economy is tanking, Trump knows it, to have any chance of winning in Nov. he needs a strong economy, and I see this as a last ditch attempt to revive the economy at ANY COST, in order to try to win, but its just evil in my eyes. Pure evil.

Yup ..... Trump is the epitome of evil!!!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 86

@GailL1 wrote:

@myexper wrote:
So you wouldn't have a problem drinking the water from unregulated farm waste run off ..... or the water from rivers and streams that coal mines dump their waste into due to Trump's deregulation?

The rule hasn't been in use since January 2018 - this move just makes it official.  As always, Congress could have added the rules changes to the CWA but they didn't and if locals took their responsibilities seriously over streams, wetlands and other smaller bodies of water that are not covered by the CWA there is no need for Fed oversite.

For those bodies of water for which the Obama Clean Water Rule applied, LOCAL control and LOCAL protection is all that is needed to make sure water is clean.  The only thing that this Rule (WOTUS) did for my community was to increase cost in reporting.

I have lived in a Watershed area for the last 30-years.  In my area of watershed management - directly next to or close by the water source, we have had all the following set up FOR a whole lot longer than 2015.
- you have to have at least 3-acres to build a home
- you have a limited area of impervious surface
- you have to have at least a100 ft buffer where there is NO disturbance of the natural follage next to the water source.
- there is NO commercial development. Country stores were grandfathered but they have strict limits on any construction, remodeling or paving done in the future.
- you have to have your septic system inspected annually and repaired if necessary - the size of it is strictly enforced based on the number of bedrooms/baths
- water quality is measured weekly or more often in various areas of the county for not only pollutants/contaminants but chemical additives to make sure they are mixing well and doing their job in all areas.
- we also have a storm water utility management which controls, repairs, monitors water flow from rain into the system.
- the dam and reservoir is also regulated - as well as other small lakes and streams feeding into the main location - NO gas motors are allowed.
- land use is restricted to only allowable activities - many of which, have to be permitted so that everything can be reviewed for compliance
- any new home developments or building have added requirements on the developer/builder and are reviewed during the building process for compliance.
- a site plan, topography drawings and perc test are required on all construction or changes
- for those with 10+ acres, they have the option of filling for a conservation land use classification to reduce their property taxes - they are allowed 3-acres for the home and then a reduced tax rate for forest, agriculture, fisheries, live stock use on the rest of their land. This is a 10-year commitment and if it changes in that 10-years for some reason, we can recoup some tax dollars.

The further away from the water source, the restrictions are reduced in a step manner.

Like I said, I moved here 30 years ago - I am only about 25 miles from Atlanta, convenient to many direct highways to the city and other places but my area has not changed one bit because of these protections. Time has stood still here - whatever higher density & development or enterprise development happens much further away or downstream away from the water source and the wetlands.

So ..... would you drink the water downstream of where coal mines dump their sludge?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 86

The Arctic isn' t just hotter due to global warming.     As melting ice opens shipping lanes and reveals incredible riches, the region is seen as a new geopolitical and economic asset, with the U.S., Russia, China and others wanting in.  

Arctic warming:    scientists alarmed by 'crazy' temperature rises. Some scientists speak of a hypothesis known as “warm Arctic, cold continents” as the polar vortex becomes less stable - sucking in more warm air and expelling more cold fronts, such as those currently being experienced in the UK and northern Europe.  www.theguardian.com/environment/2018/feb/27/arctic-warming-scientists-alarmed...

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 86
another reason I see Trump trying to undo this now, is the economy is tanking, Trump knows it, to have any chance of winning in Nov. he needs a strong economy, and I see this as a last ditch attempt to revive the economy at ANY COST, in order to try to win, but its just evil in my eyes. Pure evil.
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 86

Climate change makes the Gulf warmer, which in turn allows the Red Tide bacteria to breed faster.

And while I see that you've fallen for the "no such thing as climate change" koolaid, do you really want to focus attention on Republican voters and Big Ag entities who are the ones responsible for the fertilizer pollution? Quick, take it back, or Trump will revoke your Trumpling Card.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 86

OK, now I have to post.

I live in south Florida. Red Tide nearly killed the economy here last summer because so much of it is tied to tourism and fishing.

And yet I know dozens of boaters, fishermen and wealthy business owners (restaurants etc) who voted for the Trump mini-me for governor. Who in turn has kicked out all the big sugar entities on the water quality boards and replaced them with his personal donors. Nice trick, that. He looks as if he cares but he's just lining his own pockets at our expense.

We actually have flesh-eating bacteria in the coastal waters. Hell, I was warned by a friend working at Home Depot to avoid the garden department because 2 employees had caught the bug working there.

Really, people are certifiably insane about Trump. And his fawning sycophant, DeSatan.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 86

.this is all about gas/oil/ and related big business, at any costs, rules and regulations be damned unfortunately. 

Anyone with a suitcase full on money and a politician willing to take.

We're going the drain the swamp and fill it in with asbestos. 

Trump says asbestos is safe, we can believe Trump, right?

Kudos
Views