Honored Social Butterfly

Trump Disclaimer: Rally At Your Own Risk

Rally at your own risk: Trump campaign's coronavirus disclaimer to supporters
Attendees for the June 19 Trump rally are being asked to acknowledge "an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19" and agree not to hold the campaign liable.

June 11, 2020, 5:55 PM CDT / Updated June 11, 2020, 6:21 PM CDT
By Dareh Gregorian

President Donald Trump is set to resume his campaign rallies next week — but attendees have to agree not to hold his campaign liable if they get the coronavirus in the 19,000-seat arena.

An invitation for the June 19 event in Tulsa, Oklahoma asks people to register online for the event —and waive their rights to sue if they get sick.

"By clicking register below, you are acknowledging that an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. By attending the Rally, you and any guests voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19 and agree not to hold Donald J. Trump for President, Inc.," the rally site or organizers "liable for any illness or injury," the form says.

The rally is being held in the Bank of Oklahoma Center and comes as the city is in phase three of reopening from the coronavirus pandemic.

“Under Phase 3, businesses may resume unrestricted staffing at their worksites by observing proper CDC-recommended social distancing protocols and are recommended to continue increased cleaning and disinfecting practices," Gov. Kevin Stitt's office said in a May 29th statement.

Stitt, a Republican, has hailed the Trump event. “The President is making Oklahoma his first campaign stop since March 2, and his visit here confirms Oklahoma is the national example in responsibly and safely reopening," he said Wednesday.

The event had already been controversial because of the site and the date. Tulsa is the site of the Greenwood massacre, where a white mob killed an estimated 300 black people and torched the neighborhood's "Black Wall Street" in 1921, and the 19th is also known as Juneteenth, a holiday that marks the end of slavery in the United States.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/rally-your-own-risk-trump-campaign-s-legal-message-sup...

Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
Honored Social Butterfly

Will in penetrate the Fox-hardened minds of the Toad Worshipers he's sacrificing them on the altar of his Ego? Nah, just like when they chanted LOCK HER UP, having a ToadPOTUS is something they were just dying to do, and now that devotion becomes literal. May the GOP rest in peace after tRump completes its destruction by depopulating its ranks, Seniors leading the way...to the boneyard.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@Olderscout66 wrote:

Will in penetrate the Fox-hardened minds of the Toad Worshipers he's sacrificing them on the altar of his Ego? Nah, just like when they chanted LOCK HER UP, having a ToadPOTUS is something they were just dying to do, and now that devotion becomes literal. May the GOP rest in peace after tRump completes its destruction by depopulating its ranks, Seniors leading the way...to the boneyard.

The problem is that they will carry this virus to others.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Tom and Chasky, Trump NEVER accepts responsibility or accountability for anything negative. And his cult members are OK with that. 

Remember when the unemployment numbers crashed? They didn't blame Trump, they blamed the virus. 

But when there was a sudden surge (or error) in the furloughed workers who returned to the workforce last month, they gave Trump all the credit. I'm LOL.

They are the biggest hypocrites on the planet.

Honored Social Butterfly

@ChasKy53  I  can't help but laughing very hard at this news. and hoping to see that many realize how dangerous it is to even consider going to any rally at all. but of course the Trump followers are not   that intelligent, so they will follow their leader over the cliff.
Well, I am wondering how many more will have to die, until they start understanding how  bad this President has done to this country and how dangerous he happens to be.

no name
Honored Social Butterfly

@Roxanna35 wrote:

@ChasKy53  I  can't help but laughing very hard at this news. and hoping to see that many realize how dangerous it is to even consider going to any rally at all. but of course the Trump followers are not   that intelligent, so they will follow their leader over the cliff.
Well, I am wondering how many more will have to die, until they start understanding how  bad this President has done to this country and how dangerous he happens to be.

Jacksonville has now agreed to allow the Republican Convention in their city with no restrictions as tRump wanted it. Someone will carry the Coronavirus there . Gee, wonder if tRump will shake all of their hands?

More will surely die because of this convention, tRump doesn't care as long as he can take the stage, accept the nomination and turn it into a rally praising himself as the crowd cheers loudly, spreading the Coronavirus to everyone there !  What a shame, what an irresponsible and self centered twit tRump is for insisting that this happens, trading human lives for being able to take the stage for self praise and a cheering crowd.

Regular Social Butterfly

@Chask53 What a shame, what an irresponsible and self-centered twit tRump is for insisting that this happens, trading human lives for being able to take the stage for self-praise and a cheering crowd.

How irresponsible Jacksonville is also of their own state and the people who live there. They would rather help a self-centered, I don't care about anyone including their state but himself to get re-elected.
Live For Today, No One is Guaranteed a TOMORROW !
Honored Social Butterfly

I wonder if the West Point grads will have to sign disclaimers to hear trump beat his chest, and give another political rally at their graduation. 
He doesn’t seem to mind bringing them back to put in harm’s way!

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

He should have said : Vote for me At Your Own Risk.

And sue me if I lose, but wait in line for a coolaid.

Honored Social Butterfly

Rally At Your Own Risk

The same could be said for anyone who votes for Trump!

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Honored Social Butterfly

I hear you!!!!!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png