Refresh your driving skills and learn about new car technology with the AARP Driver Safety page.

Reply
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
116
Views

Re: Trump Creates Farm Crisis - Taxpayers Pay Farmers

116 Views
Message 31 of 108

@john258 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

Looks like Trump has really been taken by communist economic theory.


Tariffs are not "communist economic theory" - unless you can show otherwise.


Perhaps not but Financial Chaos and Economic Instability is a Common Theme around the Rise to Power of Many Autocrats.............................

 

Trump is purposefully attempting to create this Scenario in the US right now - against the Advice and Counsel of the US Congress

 

 

 

 

 


Hey, the economic collapse orchestrated by Republicans in 1932 brought Der Fuhrer to power. While that may have been accidental, the GOPers know it works, so why would they NOT try to use it to keep themselves in power now?


The cause of the Depression is, of course, subject to opinion but "orchestrated" - that's a bit much. And, naturally, the Fuhrer snuck in.

 

Now, if we could for a moment consider your insane theory - if the Republicans intentionally caused the Depression, that did not keep them in power - so, your point.


Now you can see why it is a total waste of time to try and have a back and forth with the enablers since they understand none of this subject. Keep in mind what the experts have told us about them. Spend your time fighting to keep this country from falling 100% under the Trump Dictatorship. Look at what has happened in Turkey over the last few years and you will find the same thing happening here. You can see how far along the path Dicator Trump is to 100% control.


Does that mean you are unable to defend the idea that the Republicans started the Depression to keep themselves in power and are now diverting to Turkey?

 

As to "control" can you show one instance of the President increasing the level of control of the Presidency?

 

Some times simply typing "Dicator" doesn't hack it - logic is also needed.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
116
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
137
Views

Re: Trump Creates Farm Crisis - Taxpayers Pay Farmers

137 Views
Message 32 of 108

Thank you gordyfl

For your post and the facts. Nancy 

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
137
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
135
Views

Re: Trump Creates Farm Crisis - Taxpayers Pay Farmers

135 Views
Message 33 of 108

@rk9152 wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

Looks like Trump has really been taken by communist economic theory.


Tariffs are not "communist economic theory" - unless you can show otherwise.


Perhaps not but Financial Chaos and Economic Instability is a Common Theme around the Rise to Power of Many Autocrats.............................

 

Trump is purposefully attempting to create this Scenario in the US right now - against the Advice and Counsel of the US Congress

 

 

 

 

 


Hey, the economic collapse orchestrated by Republicans in 1932 brought Der Fuhrer to power. While that may have been accidental, the GOPers know it works, so why would they NOT try to use it to keep themselves in power now?


The cause of the Depression is, of course, subject to opinion but "orchestrated" - that's a bit much. And, naturally, the Fuhrer snuck in.

 

Now, if we could for a moment consider your insane theory - if the Republicans intentionally caused the Depression, that did not keep them in power - so, your point.


Now you can see why it is a total waste of time to try and have a back and forth with the enablers since they understand none of this subject. Keep in mind what the experts have told us about them. Spend your time fighting to keep this country from falling 100% under the Trump Dictatorship. Look at what has happened in Turkey over the last few years and you will find the same thing happening here. You can see how far along the path Dicator Trump is to 100% control.

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
135
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
116
Views

Re: Trump Creates Farm Crisis - Taxpayers Pay Farmers

116 Views
Message 34 of 108

@Olderscout66 wrote:

Der Trumper really is a closet Commie - he's taking over management of the American Economy by using tariffs and bailouts to regulate demand, prices and production - Stalin could not have done better.


The President reduced regulations and taxes on industries - does that really sound like your Uncle Joe???

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
116
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
114
Views

Re: Trump Creates Farm Crisis - Taxpayers Pay Farmers

114 Views
Message 35 of 108

@Olderscout66 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

Looks like Trump has really been taken by communist economic theory.


Tariffs are not "communist economic theory" - unless you can show otherwise.


Perhaps not but Financial Chaos and Economic Instability is a Common Theme around the Rise to Power of Many Autocrats.............................

 

Trump is purposefully attempting to create this Scenario in the US right now - against the Advice and Counsel of the US Congress

 

 

 

 

 


Hey, the economic collapse orchestrated by Republicans in 1932 brought Der Fuhrer to power. While that may have been accidental, the GOPers know it works, so why would they NOT try to use it to keep themselves in power now?


The cause of the Depression is, of course, subject to opinion but "orchestrated" - that's a bit much. And, naturally, the Fuhrer snuck in.

 

Now, if we could for a moment consider your insane theory - if the Republicans intentionally caused the Depression, that did not keep them in power - so, your point.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
114
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
121
Views

Trump Creates Farm Crisis - Taxpayers Pay Farmers

121 Views
Message 36 of 108

EasyEd said, "we can`t ship dairy products(milk,Cheese etc.) because high tarrifs makes U.S .uncompetitive . How about eliminatuing all tarrifs as a solution?

  • The U.S. has a trade surplus with Canada
  • The US government subsidizes farmers, there are no govt. subsidies in Canada
  • Dairy products are less than 1% of trade with Canada
  • Finally, eliminating tariffs? We finally agree on something. That's what the TPP would have done for us if Trump didn't withdraw. Please get the facts Ed.
Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
121
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
122
Views

Re: Trump Creates Farm Crisis - Taxpayers Pay Farmers

122 Views
Message 37 of 108

finally, why does Ed fail to understand that Trump's policy is actually anti-American? It's the exact opposite of what he believes.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Faulty logic. When it fair for the United States to be paying substantially higher tarrifs to other countries than they pay us Example: Wisconsin is within walking distance of Canada but we can`t ship dairy products(milk,Cheese etc.) because high tarrifs makes U.S .uncompetitive . How about eliminatuing all tarrifs as a solution?

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
122
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
124
Views

Trump Creates Farm Crisis - Taxpayers Pay Farmers

124 Views
Message 38 of 108

Easy Ed asked, "My Question to you and all the other liberals on the board -Why do you favor all the other countries against the United States"

 

  • I don't know what liberals are thinking because I'm essentially a conservative.
  • Why does Ed incredibly believe people are favoring other countries over America when that is not true. Is that what Fox is telling him?
  • I watched interviews with several different farmers from Iowa today and guess what they want? They want free trade.
  • Trump is the one who imposed TARIFFS and created this crisis for farmers. Now they lost their access to China which was buying their soybean crop.
  • If you want FREE TRADE, the TPP would have given the U.S. virtually tariff free acess to 40% of the world's economy. But the imbecile in the White House, who does not understand what the TPP was, withdrew from the organization.

Finally, why does Ed fail to understand that Trump's policy is actually anti-American? It's the exact opposite of what he believes.

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
124
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
118
Views

Re: Trump Creates Farm Crisis - Taxpayers Pay Farmers

118 Views
Message 39 of 108
 

Critical wrote-Here's a common sense question for EasyEd which he will get wrong. 

 

EasyEd's repeatedlly stated our economy is booming, unemployment is down, and it couldn't get any better. If tariffs were hurting us as Trump claimed, why or how was our economy booming? Why impose tariffs when everything was firing on all cylinders?

 

It won't be obvious to EasyEd, but tariffs were NOT hurting our economy at all.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Here is why your thinking is wrong-The time to impose higher and fair tarrifs is when the economy is booming when less people will get hurt. Obama and his poor economy wouldn`t have been a good time because a lot of people would have got hurt with their stagnant wages and weak employment and GNP under 2%.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
118
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
112
Views

Re: Trump Creates Farm Crisis - Taxpayers Pay Farmers

112 Views
Message 40 of 108

critical wrote-Since the farmers were doing great, why invoke stupid Trade Wars?

 

Bonus Question:

Why are so many Republican Senators opposed to Trump's tariffs?----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------the answer to your questions is free trade and fair trade which hasn`t been happening since WW2.    Our farmers have been doing great because the government has been subsidizing them out of tax payers money.Now that the EU seems to understand and the possibility of doing away of all tarrifs  is on the table we can see an improvement  in our trade. My Question to you and all the other liberals on the board -Why do you favor all the other countries against the United States when it comes to trade at the expense of our farmers,manufacturing companies ,technology companies etc.etc.???

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
112
Views