Kudos
Views

Re: Trump Counterfeits Official Whitehouse Transcript

Message 1 of 8

@mickstuder wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

Not much of a surprise considering the history of calculated lack of honesty and truthfulness trom the top on down...

Isn't there some kind of law that requires all Official Presidential Paperwork to be kept intact - I remember reading a story about how Trump likes to rip up documents after he reads them & the WH Staff kept having to take his waste paper basket and tape all the pieces back together?

Why is everyone surprised about what has happened. On the Russian side if you look at the official transcript they put out they left the question and answer totally out.

What you have here is 2 dictatorships in action. They never will put out the truth on anything as Dictatorships do not want the people to know what is going on. As I have said before you get what you elect, and we elected a Dictator and now you see what a Dictator does. Now stand up and fight the Dictatorship  by not voting for anyone with an R behind their name. The time has long passed to try and find an answer to the subject  of this thread.

Let's not forget - if both the Russian Transcript & the American Transcript have the same information removed - that shows they are working together - if that isn't collusion - what do you call it?

It is not collusion as Russia removed all of it, while our Dictator just removed some of it to change it to be favorable to our Dicator.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 8

@john258 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

Not much of a surprise considering the history of calculated lack of honesty and truthfulness trom the top on down...

Isn't there some kind of law that requires all Official Presidential Paperwork to be kept intact - I remember reading a story about how Trump likes to rip up documents after he reads them & the WH Staff kept having to take his waste paper basket and tape all the pieces back together?

Why is everyone surprised about what has happened. On the Russian side if you look at the official transcript they put out they left the question and answer totally out.

What you have here is 2 dictatorships in action. They never will put out the truth on anything as Dictatorships do not want the people to know what is going on. As I have said before you get what you elect, and we elected a Dictator and now you see what a Dictator does. Now stand up and fight the Dictatorship  by not voting for anyone with an R behind their name. The time has long passed to try and find an answer to the subject  of this thread.

Let's not forget - if both the Russian Transcript & the American Transcript have the same information removed - that shows they are working together - if that isn't collusion - what do you call it?

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 8

He probably signed one of his presidential “memos” to delete the act of keeping official documents intact...or just did whatever he wants and ignore regulations...repubs wouldn’t do anything about it anyway!

trump is a liar and flim-flam artist, and is consistent, hasn’t changed a bit!

Bet he will tell us that he doesn’t know any of the women involved, and cohen was only around for a couple of months and just fetched coffee.

mawa?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 8

@mickstuder wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 8

@alferdpacker wrote:

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 8

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 8

I went to the Official Whitehouse.gov website and looked at a copy of the Official WH Transcript of the Trump/Putin News Conference in Helsinki Finland

Sure enough - the first part of the Reporters Question - where he asks Putin

“President Putin, did you want President Trump to win the election and did you direct any of your officials to help him do that?”

It's not there - it's been elimatated

Trump Putin Summit.png

Source - https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/remarks-president-trump-president-putin-russian-fede...

The Official WH Video of the Exchange has also been scrubbed of that question

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views
Replies

Trump Counterfeits Official Whitehouse Transcript

Message 8 of 8

It was perhaps the most explosive exchange in an incendiary press conference:

Russian President Vladimir Putin appearing to frankly admit to a motive for, and maybe even to the act of, meddling in the 2016 U.S. presidential election, despite repeatedly denying Russian interference in American politics during the rest of his appearance with Donald Trump in Finland on Monday.

But the exchange doesn’t appear in full in the White House’s live-stream or transcript of the press conference, and it’s missing entirely from the Kremlin’s transcript of the event. The White House did not immediately provide an explanation for the discrepancy.

Understanding what Putin said depends on what you watch or where you look. If you watch the video of the news conference provided by the Russian government, or by news outlets such as PBS and the Associated Press, you will hear the Reuters reporter Jeff Mason ask a bombshell of a question: “President Putin, did you want President Trump to win the election and did you direct any of your officials to help him do that?”

Putin then responds with a bombshell of an answer, according to the English translation of his remarks that was broadcast during the press conference: “Yes, I did. Yes, I did. Because he talked about bringing the U.S.-Russia relationship back to normal.”

But if you watch the White House live-stream of the press conference or look at the transcript published by the White House, the first half of Mason’s question is not there. Without it, the meaning of the exchange is substantially different.

Compare this transcript, of what actually happened, to the White House’s version. Here is the record of what took place, starting with the last part of Putin’s comments before Mason’s questions. Putin is describing his willingness to assist with Robert Mueller’s probe (bolding is mine):

Vladimir Putin: That could be a first step, and we can also extend it. Options abound, and they all can be found in an appropriate legal framework.

Jeff Mason: President Putin, did you want President Trump to win the election and did you direct any of your officials to help him do that?

Putin: Yes, I did. Yes, I did. Because he talked about bringing the U.S.–Russia relationship back to normal.

And here’s the key section from the White House transcript, which makes it seem as though Putin is still talking about the Mueller probe:  

PRESIDENT PUTIN: That could be a first step, and we can also extend it. Options abound, and they all can be found in an appropriate legal framework.

Q: And did you direct any of your officials to help him do that?

PRESIDENT PUTIN:  Yes, I did. Yes, I did. Because he talked about bringing the U.S.–Russia relationship back to normal.

Another strange wrinkle comes from the Russian government’s English-

language transcript of the press conference. In contrast to its footage of the press conference, which features what really happened, the transcript does not include any piece of that key exchange.

Transcripts published by the Federal News Service and Bloomberg Government mirror the White House transcript, while NPR’s contains the full exchange. Confusing matters further, C-SPAN’s footage contains Mason’s full question but only the second half of Putin’s answer.

Source - https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2018/07/trump-putin-press-conference-transcript/56...

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Now until February 11, play this classic game online at AARP. Get in the game and play now.

jeopardy for aarp logo

Top Authors