Learn how to spot and avoid common scams with AARP's Fraud Resource Center. Try it today!

Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Trump Claims He Makes Up For Not Serving

Message 1 of 9

What gets me is that, once again, Trump thinks $$$ will buy him a way out.  No doubt $$$ made it easier for him to dodge going to Vietnam; now he thinks it will buy his absolution of guilt.  Hah!  Besides, he is talking about a budget for 2020 that hasn't even been approved yet!  And monies are stalled at the Pentagon as we speak, as Mr. "I-would-have-been-proud-to-serve" siphons off defense funds for his stupid wall!

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 9

trump good people.jpg

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 9

The only thing worse than a Draft Dodger is someone who lies about their Cowardice

Trump

Vietnam Was Very Far Away & I was fighting my own Vietnam trying to avoid STD's in the Dating World

I think I should have gotten the Congressional Medal of Honor for being willing to Date in the USA during the Sixties with all those diseases

50,000+  US Soldiers Lost Their Lives In Vietnam

Trump thinks it's all a joke & of all days on the Eve of the 75th Anniversary of D Day

Trumps A Pathetic Unpatriotic Coward

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 9

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

Greatest damage tricky Nixon did to our Nation was not Watergate but ending the Draft.

Greatest damage GOPers have done to our Nation was not electing Nixon, it was electing TWO gutless draft-dodging Preppytwits to be Commander in Chief.  I'm thinking you are considering Clinton and Obama?

The first lied us into two worthless, never-ending Wars and the second is lying us into ceding our World leadership to Russia and China. Neither could have happened if Nixon had not eliminated the honor and expectation of UNIVERSAL service to our Nation.

Little donny Bonespurs disgraces all who served, especially those who voted for him.

There was no draft when Obama came of age....

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 9

Clinton and Obama never disrespected OUR Armed Forces by saying " I know more than all the Generals ". Veteran's should have all been insulted.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 9

@Olderscout66 wrote:

Greatest damage tricky Nixon did to our Nation was not Watergate but ending the Draft.

Greatest damage GOPers have done to our Nation was not electing Nixon, it was electing TWO gutless draft-dodging Preppytwits to be Commander in Chief.  I'm thinking you are considering Clinton and Obama?

The first lied us into two worthless, never-ending Wars and the second is lying us into ceding our World leadership to Russia and China. Neither could have happened if Nixon had not eliminated the honor and expectation of UNIVERSAL service to our Nation.

Little donny Bonespurs disgraces all who served, especially those who voted for him.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 9

Greatest damage GOPers have done to our Nation was not electing Nixon, it was electing TWO gutless draft-dodging Preppytwits to be Commander in Chief.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 9

Our Great President's Dwight Eisenhower and John F. Kennedy would be so proud of the courage and selfless service !!

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

Trump Claims He Makes Up For Not Serving

Message 9 of 9

In his interview with Piers Morgan, Trump claimed that by increasing the Pentagon budget, it makes up for his avoiding service.

"I think I make up for it right now,” Trump said, describing a proposed defense budget that will approach $750 billion in 2020. “I think I am making up for it rapidly.”

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!

Exactly 75 years ago Friday, Allied soldiers stepped on a deadly shore to liberate people they did not know, in a war they did not choose.

President Trump said he would have preferred to serve in that kind of war. One that stirred feelings of deep pride in a U.S. victory and righteousness against a clearly defined enemy.

But his generation got Vietnam.

“I thought it was a terrible war,” Trump told Piers Morgan on “Good Morning Britain” on Wednesday. “I thought it was very far away, and at that time nobody ever heard of the country. So many people dying, what is happening over there? So I was never a fan — like we’re fighting against Nazi Germany, we’re fighting against Hitler.”

My next question would be WHO WAS A FAN?!  LIke Americans could pick and choose what war to serve in?!  And he would have picked WWII, when in reality, millions applied and were granted deferments during WWII.  Methinks Trump watches too many John Wayne movies.

Trump appeared to harness a deeply held belief in U.S. memory — that the Vietnam War was fought by reluctant draftees in an unpopular conflict, in turn providing cover for those who sought to avoid it altogether..

But the United States did not send an army of draftees to Vietnam. Between 1964 and 1973, volunteers outnumbered draftees by nearly 4 to 1. In Vietnam, two-thirds of troops had volunteered to serve. They did so for a variety of reasons: a sense of duty, to avoid dim prospects at home or to have control over their assignments that draftees did not.

Then, Trump went on to say he wouldn't have minded at all and he would have been proud to serve.

But wait, it gets worse.  Trump claims that the reason he wanted to ban transgenders from the military is "they take massive amounts of drugs. They have to. You’re not allowed to take any drugs in the military.”   Another Pinocchio.  In truth, hormones and even opioids are permissible in the military.

Read the whole story if you can stomach it. 

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Are you new to the online community? Say Hi and tell us a bit about yourself, your interests, and how we can help make this community a great experience for you!

close-up group of seniors smiling at camera

Top Authors