WATCH VIDEO: Friday's Iowa presidential candidate forum. Appearing are Beto O'Rourke, Elizabeth Warren, Marianne Williamson and Andrew Yang.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Trump Causes Alcohol Ban on Sundays to be Repealed

Message 1 of 10

@ASTRAEA wrote:

"Blue laws" are regional, not national, so I don't get this business about the President listing a ban on alcohol sales on Sunday. No one suggested the President "listed a ban".  Bergen County NJ has never allowed any shopping on Sunday, except for food & emergency supplies. The malls & other stores are closed. Once in a while, that's put on the ballot for consideration, and the voters reaffirm that THEY want stores closed on Sunday. Good on NJ.  It's not something the President can change.  Who knows what the guy who thinks he's "The King" thinks he can do?  He tried to ban Muslims from 7 countries and that didn't work out too well.  Thought women who had an abortion should be jailed.  Your party nominated a fool.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 10

I think the point may have missed by some. MY READ

Since Trump has been in the WH, people are drinking and using more, this repeal of "blue laws."

Tongue in cheek

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 10

Cent--Well said!!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 10

Fed nonsense?--I don't need CNN to tell me that people are stressed and afraid. I hear it in my daily conversations, feel it within myself.

It is clear to most that there is a blithering idiot, mentally ill fool in the WH.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 10

"Blue laws" are regional, not national, so I don't get this business about the President listing a ban on alcohol sales on Sunday. Bergen County NJ has never allowed any shopping on Sunday, except for food & emergency supplies. The malls & other stores are closed. Once in a while, that's put on the ballot for consideration, and the voters reaffirm that THEY want stores closed on Sunday. It's not something the President can change.

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 10

@r146199a wrote:

@pc6063 wrote:

Hi cent--saw man on the street interviews yesterday on CNN.  The question posed was something like, "Do you feel more stress and anxiety since the election.  All but one said ,"yes."  

One was a therapist who said her business has never been as good as it has since "Little Donnie" took office.

That's the problem, CNN is leading its watchers to drink.  Same with all the crazed media against Trump.  You are being fed nonsense and believing it, because you are here talking about it.

Really?  Whose being fed "nonsense"?  Do you believe Obama was born in Kenya?  Who fed it to you?  Do you believe 3 to 5 million voters voted illegally?  Who fed it to you?  Do you believe Obama wiretapped Trump Tower?  Who fed it to you?  Do you believe more people attended Trumps inaguration than Obama's?  Who fed it to you?  Do you believe no one in Trump's campaign spoke to Russian authorities?  Who fed it to you?  Do you believe the healthcare bill is cheaper for Americans and better care than the ACA?  Who fed it to you?

These were not perpetuated by the media, these are lies perpetuated by the Liar-in-Chief.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 10

@pc6063 wrote:

Hi cent--saw man on the street interviews yesterday on CNN.  The question posed was something like, "Do you feel more stress and anxiety since the election.  All but one said ,"yes."  

One was a therapist who said her business has never been as good as it has since "Little Donnie" took office.

That's the problem, CNN is leading its watchers to drink.  Same with all the crazed media against Trump.  You are being fed nonsense and believing it, because you are here talking about it.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 10

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 10

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

The idiot President has caused alcohol consumption to soar and heroin overdose/deaths to reach record highs.  In Minnesota, it's been since just before the Civil War in 1858 the last time alcohol was legally sold on a Sunday in Minnesota, about the same time Dr. Ben Carson was learning about the black immigrants from Africa who came to North America to seek freedom and prosperity.

Shoppers endorse new law legalizing Sunday sale of alcohol

For some shoppers in the liquor store aisles Tuesday, it was a moment to toast the end of the ban on Sunday retail alcohol sales.

Gov. Mark Dayton signed a bill Tuesday that ends the ban this summer. If they choose to do so, liquor stores will open for the first time in Minnesota state history on Sunday, July 2.

"This new law reflects the desires of most people in Minnesota, who have made it clear to their legislators that they want to have this additional option," Dayton said in a statement.

The bill passed both chambers of the Legislature last week with bipartisan support.

"This is a good thing," said Amanda Dybedahl of Minneapolis as she shopped for beer and wine at Surdyk's Liquor and Cheese Shop. With the ban in place, Dybedahl said those who like to drink alcohol while watching Sunday sports either have to plan ahead to buy their booze, head to a bar or travel to Wisconsin, where Sunday sales are legal.

"I'm terrible at planning ahead," she said. Being able to buy liquor on Sunday in Minnesota likely will mean she'll limit most of her Wisconsin liquor store trips for those days she craves the Wisconsin brew, Spotted Cow.

"[The Sunday ban] is a silly thing," said Sue Krivit of St. Paul. "It's past its time." For years, she said, it meant having to make due with 3.2 beer because the low-alcohol beer was the only thing available for a Sunday party. "Or, you would drink what was left over from Saturday," she said.

Standing nearby, holding a bottle of Portuguese wine, Kate McNulty, 66, of St. Paul, said she's no longer of the age where she's feels "compelled" to buy liquor on Sunday. But it will be nice that she can.

"You want to get what you need when you need it," she said, laughing.

more at:  Shoppers endorse new law legalizing Sunday sale of alcohol

Not TRUMP but GOV Mark Dayton!

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views
Replies

Trump Causes Alcohol Ban on Sundays to be Repealed

Message 10 of 10

The idiot President has caused alcohol consumption to soar and heroin overdose/deaths to reach record highs.  In Minnesota, it's been since just before the Civil War in 1858 the last time alcohol was legally sold on a Sunday in Minnesota, about the same time Dr. Ben Carson was learning about the black immigrants from Africa who came to North America to seek freedom and prosperity.

Shoppers endorse new law legalizing Sunday sale of alcohol

For some shoppers in the liquor store aisles Tuesday, it was a moment to toast the end of the ban on Sunday retail alcohol sales.

Gov. Mark Dayton signed a bill Tuesday that ends the ban this summer. If they choose to do so, liquor stores will open for the first time in Minnesota state history on Sunday, July 2.

"This new law reflects the desires of most people in Minnesota, who have made it clear to their legislators that they want to have this additional option," Dayton said in a statement.

The bill passed both chambers of the Legislature last week with bipartisan support.

"This is a good thing," said Amanda Dybedahl of Minneapolis as she shopped for beer and wine at Surdyk's Liquor and Cheese Shop. With the ban in place, Dybedahl said those who like to drink alcohol while watching Sunday sports either have to plan ahead to buy their booze, head to a bar or travel to Wisconsin, where Sunday sales are legal.

"I'm terrible at planning ahead," she said. Being able to buy liquor on Sunday in Minnesota likely will mean she'll limit most of her Wisconsin liquor store trips for those days she craves the Wisconsin brew, Spotted Cow.

"[The Sunday ban] is a silly thing," said Sue Krivit of St. Paul. "It's past its time." For years, she said, it meant having to make due with 3.2 beer because the low-alcohol beer was the only thing available for a Sunday party. "Or, you would drink what was left over from Saturday," she said.

Standing nearby, holding a bottle of Portuguese wine, Kate McNulty, 66, of St. Paul, said she's no longer of the age where she's feels "compelled" to buy liquor on Sunday. But it will be nice that she can.

"You want to get what you need when you need it," she said, laughing.

more at:  Shoppers endorse new law legalizing Sunday sale of alcohol

Kudos
Views
Replies