If you suspect you're a scam target, AARP's fraud helpline is here for you. Learn more.

Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Trump Blames OPEC, But ....

Message 21 of 38

As usual, Tex completely misunderstands the topic. He said, " Did you notice the chart at the link RK provided:"

This thread is not about the history of oil prices. The thread is about Trump blaming OPEC, when it's his actions which are causing the problem. Trump never accepts responsibility for anything which goes wrong. And his cult members never hold him accountable.

Aside from the topic: Yes oil prices were high during the Obama Administration but they were also at their lowest levels in many years. So what does that prove?

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Trump Blames OPEC, But ....

Message 22 of 38

@CriticalThinking wrote:

He's doing exactly what he does 7 days a week to protect his hero and idol in the White House from criticism, he changes the subject.

Are we to completely agree with you?  Did you notice the chart at the link RK provided:  https://www.statista.com/statistics/204740/retail-price-of-gasoline-in-the-united-states-since-1990/

Did you notice the high prices during the Obama administration? 

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 38

He's doing exactly what he does 7 days a week to protect his hero and idol in the White House from criticism, he changes the subject.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 38

@n566192l wrote:

Well,  since Trump is the Most protected President  we have ever had.  He must be doing  Something Wrong. 

Protected from what by who?? Is the price of oil in there some place?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 38

@Tom5678 wrote:

plus since he broke the Iran deal that added about 25-40 cents per gallon to the price of gas. How is this making America great again? Please explain.......

https://www.statista.com/statistics/204740/retail-price-of-gasoline-in-the-united-states-since-1990/

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 38
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 38

@CriticalThinking wrote:

Finally, Tex said something I can agree with. There's a wide array of factors which impact the price of oil. so focusing on only one of them could give you a distorted view. However, oil experts predict Trump's boycott of Iranian oil will result in the loss of 1.5 to 2 million barrels per day. If other countries can't make up the difference, than the price of both oil and gasoline will rise.

Do we import Iranian oil?  Just came across the Financial Times and noticed that it was an Iranian official who was attacking Trump's decision.  https://www.ft.com/content/860d38ac-8063-11e8-8e67-1e1a0846c475

Was that your source?  I don't believe you gave a link to your source

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 38

Finally, Tex said something I can agree with. There's a wide array of factors which impact the price of oil. so focusing on only one of them could give you a distorted view. However, oil experts predict Trump's boycott of Iranian oil will result in the loss of 1.5 to 2 million barrels per day. If other countries can't make up the difference, than the price of both oil and gasoline will rise.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 38

@CriticalThinking wrote:

Tex said, "I have noted that costs for West Texas crude has been climbing steadily over the past year so it's not a sudden increase".

Other than Tex, nobody menitioned anything about a sudden increase. The thrust of the article is what will proibably happen this fall. Three months from now doesn't sound sudden to me.

Actually prices have been rising somewhat for the past few years and it has nothing to do with Trump, but increased demand and decreasing supplies of the oil surpluses of the past so many years.

Here is what you posted:  President Donald Trump is blaming OPEC for rising oil prices, but analysts say his sanctions on Iran are largely fueling a rally in the crude market.

I believe there are a lot of other factors that has influenced rising prices.  As far as I would think, this is one of those cycles we go through with lower prices for a time, then an increase.

My son is with a major oil company and usually keeps me updated on these matters, but he recently transferred from their Houston offices to the Midland one and we haven't had a chance to talk for a while.  Next time we're in touch I'll ask him about this.

You still haven't said what makes you the number one expert on the  oil business here.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 38

Tex said, "I have noted that costs for West Texas crude has been climbing steadily over the past year so it's not a sudden increase".

Other than Tex, nobody mentioned anything about a sudden increase. The thrust of the article is what will probably happen this fall. Three months from now doesn't sound sudden to me.

Kudos
Views