Refresh your driving skills and learn about new car technology with the AARP Driver Safety page.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Trump Blames OPEC, But ....

Message 11 of 38

@john258 wrote:

You are correct you do not rely on facts just like all far right enablers. You have no understanding of the oil market.

Do you?  If you do then perhaps you can tell me where I was wrong? 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Trump Blames OPEC, But ....

Message 12 of 38

RK continues down a path where he wants to prove he does not understand the point of this thread when he wrote, "If the stats defend him, does that mean that the stats are wrong"

The stats don't defend or incriminate Trump. They are irrelevant in this thread. Why is that too complicated for RK and Tex?

This thread illustrates the fact that Trump blames OPEC for the pending rise in oil prices while oil experts are blaming him. You can agree or disagree with that argument, but it has nothing to do with that irrelevant chart RK uploaded.

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 38

"I suggest that the ignoblers learn how to use their computers search mechanism instead of complaining about "where did you read that'.   That would decrease their obvious behavior of trolling and personal attacks."

I think you're being a tad bit optimistic here ... Woman LOL

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 38

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@afisher wrote:

And of course, TX you are welcome.  

Tx appreciates your attempts to distract, but then there is the chart that RK linked to at https://www.statista.com/statistics/204740/retail-price-of-gasoline-in-the-united-states-since-1990/ that shows that oil prices are actually lower now than during the Obama years. 

The higher prices then was no doubt due to Hillary urging the overthrow of Libya's government and a plentiful source of the world's oil. Without a doubt we are still seeing the effects of that administration's policy. Gas still isn't as high as it was over the past years, plus supply and demand has a way of equalizing them out.

As I've said before, I don't have to rely on articles by assumed pundits for information on the oil markets or supply.  Rather getting information from closer sources about upstream  and downstream matters of the oil market.

You are correct you do not rely on facts just like all far right enablers. You have no understanding of the oil market.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 38

@CriticalThinking wrote:

He's doing exactly what he does 7 days a week to protect his hero and idol in the White House from criticism, he changes the subject.

If the stats defend him, does that mean that the stats are wrong or that the stats have a "hero" and an "idol"?

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Trump Blames OPEC, But ....

Message 16 of 38

John is trying to thoroughly confuse Trump Cult members with FACTS, "No he is telling us what happened. Oil prices have jumped due to oil being withdrawn from the market due to Trump, Iran, and Venezuela."

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 38

@afisher wrote:

And of course, TX you are welcome.  

Tx appreciates your attempts to distract, but then there is the chart that RK linked to at https://www.statista.com/statistics/204740/retail-price-of-gasoline-in-the-united-states-since-1990/ that shows that oil prices are actually lower now than during the Obama years. 

The higher prices then was no doubt due to Hillary urging the overthrow of Libya's government and a plentiful source of the world's oil. Without a doubt we are still seeing the effects of that administration's policy. Gas still isn't as high as it was over the past years, plus supply and demand has a way of equalizing them out.

As I've said before, I don't have to rely on articles by assumed pundits for information on the oil markets or supply.  Rather getting information from closer sources about upstream  and downstream matters of the oil market.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 38

The ignobler play book:  DISTRACTION.   Why, because they are possibly incapable of following the news, or the information that they do receive is incomplete and consistently fails to explain how the US attempts to control the price of gasoline.

The price of gasoline is very obvious to most people in the US.    When the price increases, many people feel that price, if only because when the fill up their car, the price is in their face.

There are lots of business sites, I find it silly and quite immature that some Seniors seem to have forgotten how to ask a question using the search process on their computer.   Are they soon going to say that they don't use a computer /s.      Some sites hide most information behind paywalls, but many don''t.    

I suggest that the ignoblers learn how to use their computers search mechanism instead of complaining about "where did you read that'.   That would decrease their obvious behavior of trolling and personal attacks.     

One of my favorite sites is Oil Price.    But in order to discuss oil pricing, one would have to read more than one article, because as most comprehend, there are many moving parts to "oil" production and things like wars, natural disasters and greed all effect oil prices.    Demanding where the information came from....try searching OPEC.   https://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-General/OPEC-Losing-Control-After-Libya-Outages.html     And of course, TX you are welcome.  

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 38

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@CriticalThinking wrote:

Aside from the topic: Yes oil prices were high during the Obama Administration but they were also at their lowest levels in many years. So what does that prove?

It shows that you are attempting to accuse Trump of something, it is immaterial because during the Obama administration prices were higher than ever.  But according to your theory, the world of blame started in January of last year. 

No he is telling us what happened. Oil prices have jumped due to oil being withdrawn from the market due to Trump. Iran, and Venezuela. Trump asked OPEC to increase production, and there has been some increase. Have no fear Trump  will find a way to mess up oil just as he has done on everything else in govt. and business.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 38

@CriticalThinking wrote:

Aside from the topic: Yes oil prices were high during the Obama Administration but they were also at their lowest levels in many years. So what does that prove?

It shows that you are attempting to accuse Trump of something, it is immaterial because during the Obama administration prices were higher than ever.  But according to your theory, the world of blame started in January of last year. 

Kudos
Views