Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

Trump: Believe The Denial - Deny Deny Deny

Message 1 of 1
You might recognize that language of denial from Trump. He uses it a LOT -- to defend people who he views as allies or who support his agenda.

Trump Denial on Kashoggi

Added Trump: "It sounded to me like maybe these could have been rogue killers, who knows. We are going to try to get to the bottom of it very soon. But his was a flat denial."

Trump Denial on Russian Interference in 2016 Election

It's the same response Trump gave when asked whether he broached the topic of Russian interference in the 2016 election during a face-to-face meeting with Russian President Vladimir Putin in Helsinki, Finland, earlier this year. "So I have great confidence in my intelligence people, but I will tell you that President Putin was extremely strong and powerful in his denial today," Trump said at a joint news conference with Putin following the summit in July.

Trump Denial on Sexual Allegations Against Kavanaugh

It's the same response Trump gave when asked about the allegation of sexual assault leveled against his Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh. The President repeatedly noted that Kavanaugh denied the allegations as proof positive it didn't happen, calling the allegations "one of the most unfair, unjust things to happen to a candidate for anything.

Denial About Roy Moore

It's the same response Trump gave when multiple women said that Roy Moore had pursued relationship with them when they were teenagers and, in some circumstances, had forced himself on them. "He totally denies it," Trump said of Moore in the heat of the Alabama special election late last year "He says it didn't happen, and you have to listen to him also."

Trump Denial on Rob Porter

It's the same response Trump gave when the news broke that both of White House staff secretary Rob Porter's ex-wives said he had abused them. "He says he's innocent and I think you have to remember that," said Trump. "He said very strongly yesterday that he's innocent, but you'll have to talk to him about that."

That believe-the-denial approach, of course, only holds for when Trump wants or needs to believe the person doing the denying.

Remember that this is a man who has accused the past administration of authorizing a wiretap on him during the 2016 campaign (despite all evidence to the contrary).

A man who has suggested that a former opponent's father may have been involved in the assassination of John F. Kennedy (despite all evidence to the contrary).

A man who has accused elements within his Justice Department of being part of a "deep state" conspiracy against him (despite all evidence to the contrary.)

Donald Trump said you have to “deny, deny, deny” if you are accused of sexual assault by women, according to veteran journalist Bob Woodward’s new book.

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

September is Emergency Preparedness month.

Do you have an emergency plan in place?

Share or ask questions today.

Emergency preparedness kit

Top Authors