Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

Trump Backs Down Again - Flipper N Chief

Message 1 of 1

Trump surrenders on demand for declassification of Russia probe docs

Trump's surrender came after widespread outrage among law enforcement and intelligence officials.

WASHINGTON — President Trump has backed down from his demand that his intelligence agencies immediately release sensitive documents related to the Russia investigation, bowing to protests from inside his Justice Department and to concerns raised by foreign partners.

In a pair of tweets Friday, Trump explained his decision this way:

"I met with the DOJ concerning the declassification of various UNREDACTED documents. They agreed to release them but stated that so doing may have a perceived negative impact on the Russia probe.

Also, key Allies' called to ask not to release. Therefore, the Inspector General has been asked to review these documents on an expedited basis. I believe he will move quickly on this (and hopefully other things which he is looking at). In the end I can always declassify if it proves necessary. Speed is very important to me — and everyone!"

A senior Justice Department official said the inspector general had already been reviewing the documents as part of his ongoing investigation of how the FBI is handling the Russia probe, not for purposes of making them public. All plans to release the documents have been halted for now, the official said.

Source - https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/national-security/trump-surrenders-demand-declassification-russia-p...

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Coronavirus Call-in Event

AARP will host a weekly, live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall on Thursdays at 1 pm (ET). Learn more on AARP's Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall page and join us each week for the latest information.

Calling is toll-free. During the 90-minute live event, government experts will answer your questions and address health concerns related to COVID-19.