Join AARP panelists live Nov. 18 for a free webinar on ride-sharing. Register now to learn more about apps like Uber and Lyft.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Trump Awards G7 Summit To... 3 Guesses?

Message 1 of 22

@jimc91 wrote:

President Trump announced on Twitter Saturday night that he would no longer host next year's G7 summit at his Doral resort in Miami, but doubled down on defending the decision amid bipartisan backlash.

"I thought I was doing something very good for our Country by using Trump National Doral, in Miami, for hosting the G-7 Leaders. It is big, grand, on hundreds of acres, next to MIAMI INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT, has tremendous ballrooms & meeting rooms, and each delegation would have its own 50 to 70 unit building. Would set up better than other alternatives. I announced that I would be willing to do it at NO PROFIT or, if legally permissible, at ZERO COST to the USA. But, as usual, the Hostile Media & their Democrat Partners went CRAZY!"
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Deranged dimms continue to out themselves as completely unreasonable people that hate this President more than they love our great country.  
You deranged folks must be so proud...

Actually jimc91, the "derangement, unreasonableness and lack of love for our country" resides within those who allow Trump to continue defecating on our country's Constitution while condemning those who demand that Trump follow the Constitution!!!

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 22

It seems that in spite of what Trump tweeted and in spite of his base besties taking his tweets as gospel, that it wasn't those "deranged, unreasonable" Democrats who ultimately made Donnie pull the plug on Doral.  Nope, it was his own party!

President Trump was forced to abandon his decision to host next year’s Group of Seven summit at his private golf club after it became clear the move had alienated Republicans and swiftly become part of the impeachment inquiry that threatens his presidency.

In a round of phone calls with conservative allies this weekend, Trump was told Republicans are struggling to defend him on so many fronts, according to an administration official who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss internal matters.

Democrats, meanwhile, continued to blast Trump for awarding the massive government contract to his own company and said they might add the alleged “emoluments” violation to the articles of impeachment they are preparing.

The White House has been struggling to explain Trump’s G-7 decision since it was announced Thursday. The president’s opponents quickly seized on it as another example of Trump abusing his office for personal gain. Even many Republicans seemed reluctant to offer political cover.

More...

Trump blamed his G-7 reversal on critics, saying on Twitter that his decision to scrap plans for a summit at the Doral club was “based on both Media & Democrat Crazed and Irrational Hostility.”

But behind closed doors, several aides and allies said, Trump changed his mind in response to pressure and frustration from his own party.

Read entire article.

Democrats aren't so "deranged" after all.  Can't really blame them for taking advantage of all the 'goodies' Donnie keeps dumping in their lap.  Him and Mick, who certainly didn't do much to redeem himself on his Fox News interview with Chris Wallace today.  (Is Mulvaney trying to get kicked out the door?)

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 22

To all the Trump supporters and GOPbots here on this message board please note: all of the insults, belittling, and name-calling that is done against those of us who protest against this illegitimate president (Trump),  will not stop us from Illuminating and calling-out the crimes, flaws, and wrongdoings of this man who truly should never have been allowed to gain access to the White House.

Hopefully, Trump will not have totally and absolutely destroyed this nation and our status in the world before those who support him realize that he was never our friend but in fact is our enemy.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 22

unreasonable people that hate this President more than they love our great country

"I Fought the Law and the Law Won", is a good thing jim.

capitulation: the action of surrendering or ceasing to resist an opponent or demand.

He couldn't, wouldn't meet the House's legal demands so he capitulated.

Blaming unreasonable people because of the narcissistic injury he is suffering from having been smacked in the head with the fact that no, you are not above the law, that blame he throws at others?...is what is unreasonable and definitely deranged. 

Looks to me every emolument he has received since taking his Oath of Office will  be outed via continuing investigation during his impeachment process.

He'll keep fighting the Constitution while pretending it's Democrats and the press doing him harm when it is himself and his inability to put to put this country, its laws and its citizens above his own sick, needy ego.  Its just ongoing sadness that you and the rest of his cult feed and support the mental illness of this one individual rather than loving and supporting our Constitution.  Supporting him and his fight against the law will only continue to cause him personal injury.  That is nothing to be proud of.

Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 22

@jimc91 wrote:

President Trump announced on Twitter Saturday night that he would no longer host next year's G7 summit at his Doral resort in Miami, but doubled down on defending the decision amid bipartisan backlash.

"I thought I was doing something very good for our Country by using Trump National Doral, in Miami, for hosting the G-7 Leaders. It is big, grand, on hundreds of acres, next to MIAMI INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT, has tremendous ballrooms & meeting rooms, and each delegation would have its own 50 to 70 unit building. Would set up better than other alternatives. I announced that I would be willing to do it at NO PROFIT or, if legally permissible, at ZERO COST to the USA. But, as usual, the Hostile Media & their Democrat Partners went CRAZY!"
Deranged dimms continue to out themselves as completely unreasonable people that hate this President more than they love our great country.  

Given Trump's penchant for hyperbole and prevarication, I tend to not let his tweets get me fired up against those bad, bad "crazed and irrational, hostile Democrats".  Nevertheless, note his words "if legally permissible".  Obviously, it is not.

And again I ask -- no profit? at zero cost?  What does that even mean? 

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 22

What a pity, we should have encourage Trump in going thru  with this El Doral deal, perhaps then the Supreme court would have had no way of absolving Trump from an impeachable offense.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 22

VIMTSTL
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Trump Awards G7 Summit To... 3 Guesses?

Message 8 of 22

On Saturday night, Trump reversed course and said the G7 would not be hosted at his Doral resort in Florida. Apparently, he received tremendous resistance from Republicans, so he changed his mind.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 22

@LydiaN586309 wrote:

Now that Mr. Man in The White House has had to rollback the Trump Doral award, do ya think he can spell emoluments?  Maybe so.  Afterall, he did go to the best schools.  

Definition:   The Emoluments Clause of the Constitution prohibits elected officials from accepting gifts or payment of any kind from foreign governments without the consent of the United States Congress.

True! Since lil donny Bonespurs has NOT separated himself from his business interests by placing them in a "blind trust" like every other President has done for 240 years, he is still LEGALLY the owner of all his properties. Hence every time a representative of a foreign Government stays at one of his properties, the little draft dodger is in violation of the Emoluments Clause, which means there HUNDREDS of totally valid charges against him.

Republicans have taken the position there are so many criminal violations of the law, from multiple extortions, obstruction of justice, obstruction of Congress and violations of the Emoulments Clause, it would be silly to prosecute ToadPOTUS for just a few. This is why GOPers must GO from their elected offices, never to return.

Remember, the gutless wonder is already stoking his lofo base to rise up in armed rebellion AGAINST THE GOVERNMENT OF THE UNITED STATES, if we have the audacity to actually make him pay for all his crimes.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 22

Now that Mr. Man in The White House has had to rollback the Trump Doral award, do ya think he can spell emoluments?  Maybe so.  Afterall, he did go to the best schools.  

Definition:   The Emoluments Clause of the Constitution prohibits elected officials from accepting gifts or payment of any kind from foreign governments without the consent of the United States Congress.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Roundtable Discussion:
Ask questions and get advice from fellow entrepreneurs
Now through Nov. 22